Tours with an ecv???

I have done a lot of tours at WDW and all of them have been accessible.

Generally you should let them know ahead of time that you will have an ECV. This is important so they will have the proper transportation if needed. One time I was on a tour where there were three people with ECVs, and they sent along a van as well as a bus.

If you can do steps into and out of the bus, since they use Mears buses, they will put the ECV in the luggae compartment instead of using the lift; this is much faster.

Cheshire Figment said:
Generally you should let them know ahead of time that you will have an ECV. This is important so they will have the proper transportation if needed.
That's very important so they can have what they need there when the tour starts. I remember someone posted once that 3 people showed up for a tour with an ecv (and only 2 had notified the tour that they would have one). If I remember right, the 3rd person had to leave their ecv at the starting point because there was only room for 2 ecvs.
Even if they can get another bus there, it would hold up the tour.

Sue,
I posted that quite a while back. I had informed Disney prior to the tour I woukd be using a power wheelchair. This couple decided at the last minute that they both needed an ECV. They had not told Disney when they reserved. They were allowed to bring one but had to leave the second.
Disnney is very accommodating with priot knowledge but last minute can be iffy.

I was thinking it might have been you who had posted that. Thanks for confirming what happened (and I mis-stated that it was 3 ecvs).

I think that due to the nature of the tours, you probably wouldn't be able to use an ECV on DiveQuest, Dolphins in Depth, or the Segway tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter