• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Topolino's Terrace

You can definitely see the Epcot fireworks from the terrace. Not sure about MK

Yes, you can see both. Obviously, the Epcot fireworks are very close. But you can also see the MK fireworks in the distance.

Epcot but note the terrace is narrow and fills up long before the fireworks start. Tables along the window inside the restaurant will have a view, as well as a small space at bar. It certainly was a nice backdrop for us but I wouldn't go there expecting a view as most tables don't really have one.

I was wondering about this.... would it be acceptable to go sort of early,get a terrace or view table and hang out with ordering drinks and snacks till showtime? Would I need ADR for that?

I was wondering about this.... would it be acceptable to go sort of early,get a terrace or view table and hang out with ordering drinks and snacks till showtime? Would I need ADR for that?
Your best bet is to made a reservation for later on and hope you get seated near a window. There are not really snacks - (maybe a few appetizers), but since it is fine dining I can't see how you would be able to hold a table for hours and hours. It opens at 5 and fireworks would be at 9 - four hours of drinks....) You can try to get into the bar, but that depends if there are any openings. One table at the bar is located at the window.

On the terrace (outside) there are no tables or seating with a view. All that is set back behind a "fence" while the area along the rails is left open to those who stand to watch. It will fill up long before the fireworks with people standing. So you will have to stand a long time. It is not a big area.

Here is posts from when we went. ⬇️

You say TOPOLINOS ~ that would be an Epcot view.

Do you mean TOLEDOS for a Magic Kingdom view?

At TOPOLINOS I think we had an 8:30 pm reservation. We arrived early, maybe about 8:10, so we could look at the outdoor terrace. The wall along the side looking at Epcot was already full of people. I guess they either already ate or came just to get a drink at the bar and go outside to watch.

It's not like CG at all in design or setup for viewing. The terrace is small with very little having a view. The restaurant is even on the "backside" of Riveria so you are looking over the building itself towards Epcot.

Inside other than a couple tables at the bar and maybe 10-12 along the window, most have a fairly obstructed view. There are half walls etc that will block most people's view. It def was not built for fireworks. And you really can't go hang over someone's table to watch.

This was our view with me semi standing to see over the booth wall, and I would say we were closer than more than half the people in there. I don't recall the music being pumped in, maybe someone can verify.

View attachment 744901

Toledos is the roof top restaurant at Coronado Springs and potentially could see all the fireworks at a distance.

The terrace is not a dining area. It is very small, lounges and drink tables. I was very surprised how small. There is a "bar" out there I guess is sometimes open. It is ironic the restaurant is called Topolino's Terrace because what we call a terrace is just a small add on. And only shorter side has views and you are looking over the building itself so any of the low parts of the show aren't really visible. For me it is a great backdrop for dinner.

This is pretty much the entire terrace. To the left is where folks crowd in to watch fireworks. There is back you see a "bar" of sorts but while we were there it was covered. I consider this a small outside space for those just going to bar, grab your drink and head outside to hang out.

IMG_9210.jpg

View attachment 745171

THIS PHOTO IS CLEARLY A BIG ZOOM LENS.

2022-wdw-disneys-riviera-resort-hotel-topolinos-terrace-dinner-balcony-harmonious-fireworks-view-613x600.jpg

interesting,thank for the info! SO if a fireworks view was the goal then drinks at the bar makes sense, with a possibility of going out to watch at the time I guess....

interesting,thank for the info! SO if a fireworks view was the goal then drinks at the bar makes sense, with a possibility of going out to watch at the time I guess....
This is the bar. Fireworks are behind the wing of the building you can see. The space along the windows has a couple tables. If you can nab one of those that is your best option. You can go outside at the time but at that point the terrace will likely be a couple deep. Honestly if my number one goal is to see fireworks I wouldn't go here. Limited tables are on the window, the terrace fills fast and early AND most views are obstructed by the wing of the building. As long as you know it might now work out well, then yes I think Topolino is enjoyable.

1696791812216.png

We had a great experience at Topolino's for the Epcot fireworks.

My daughter and I headed there and got two seats at the bar shortly after 8pm. We ordered cocktails and dessert (you can order off the full menu if you want) and sat there until around 8:50pm. Asked the bartender if we could take our cocktails out on the terrace and he said "sure!". Closed out our tab (you can't keep the seat if you leave the bar) and headed out to the terrace. You don't really need to be 'on the rail' to get a good view.

Music was piped onto the terrace and we enjoyed the show - it was fabulous!

We have watched the EPCOT fireworks many times. If you are lucky and seated by a window, you can see them from your seat, but no music. If you go out to the terrace, they started having the music about 2 years ago. It does ge tcrowded quickly.

We have watched the EPCOT fireworks many times. If you are lucky and seated by a window, you can see them from your seat, but no music. If you go out to the terrace, they started having the music about 2 years ago. It does ge tcrowded quickly.
Any recommendation for best dining time to watch them? I think the show is usually at 9:30pm the dates we are looking at so I wasn’t sure if a 9:15pm is cutting it too close.

Any recommendation for best dining time to watch them? I think the show is usually at 9:30pm the dates we are looking at so I wasn’t sure if a 9:15pm is cutting it too close.
We usually get our ADR an hour before fireworks. That way, if they are running behind, we are still good. We also get drinks, an app, entree and dessert. For us fireworks are usually before we get our entree.

My experience is similar to what HopperFan said. We went to the bar and by the time we got our drinks and went to the terrace, there were people standing on the concrete of the planter and probably 7 deep at the rail. That was about a 1/2 hour before EPCOT fireworks started. It was a busy time of the year though and Harmonious was still fairly new.

Good news was that the tables on the terrace were empty so we could sit down and see the tops of the really high fireworks and listen to the music. Definitely not the same set up as CA Grill.

Mostly because of the obstructed, limited or hard to get views, and crowd/terrace approach for the music - we have deprioritized Top’s as a place for a fireworks experience only type thing. We do go for a nice dinner and if we see some fireworks along with it - we treat it as a bonus.

Having done the private Epcot fireworks cruise - with a less expensive dinner beforehand - I am somewhat more partial to that experience tbh -

Mostly because of the obstructed, limited or hard to get views, and crowd/terrace approach for the music - we have deprioritized Top’s as a place for a fireworks experience only type thing. We do go for a nice dinner and if we see some fireworks along with it - we treat it as a bonus.

Having done the private Epcot fireworks cruise - with a less expensive dinner beforehand - I am somewhat more partial to that experience tbh -
I was actually debating doing the cruise! Thanks for your reply :)

I was actually debating doing the cruise! Thanks for your reply :)
With a group of ten (the limit) @$400 (plus you get beverages and snacks and BYOB as long as it’s not glass) and a less expensive dinner before hand - it was one of our singular most magical things we did on that trip.

They set you up under the bridge between the UK and France pavilions and you have a front row view at water level. So, you are in the park with a great view and your transport out of the park without fighting crowds back at the yacht club marina - order your rideshare as you start to coast in and by the time you reach the lobby - pick up is ready. Make sure your captain is the last to leave as they tether the boats - inside wall to outside boat under the bridge (and first to leave).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter