Topolinos - drink/dessert/fireworks

rosie5189

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

Currently have an 8:40 reservation for me and my husband on May 16th. We have an earlier dinner at Sanaa with my parents/3 year old at 5:00, but wanted to have a date night at Topolinos for dessert/a drink and to watch the fireworks. Is it worth keeping my reservation for just dessert and drinks (or is this frowned upon? In all our times at Disney we've never done just a drink or dessert on a dining reservation), or is it more polite to get there around 8 and put our name on a list for the bar/bar area?

Thanks!

Probably more gracious to leave a table to someone who’s actually going to eat dinner. You can sit at the bar (they have some larger communal tables there too) and not have to take up restaurant space. The waitstaff would be grateful too.

Absolutely no problem with having drinks and dessert.

Don't even give it another thought.

LOL, for us a drink and dessert check may work out to more than another couple's dinner check.

Of course, nobody is like the couple we saw order and share one glass of wine at a window table at California Grille and waited 3 hours for the fireworks.

Absolutely no problem with having drinks and dessert.

Don't even give it another thought.

LOL, for us a drink and dessert check may work out to more than another couple's dinner check.

Of course, nobody is like the couple we saw order and share one glass of wine at a window table at California Grille and waited 3 hours for the fireworks.
Oh my gosh! For my mom’s 60th (at cali grille) I had very specifically made a 7:00 reservation so we could go on the terrace for fireworks post-dinner. We arrived about 6:45, they told us our table was finishing up no problem we went to the bar for a drink. Long story short 7:15 rolls around, 7:30, 7:45. I finally went up and was like ok you gotta tell this other family to leave who was just TRYING TO STAY UNTIL 9:00 ON THEIR 5:00 RESERVATION. They were so pissed to be told to leave even when they explained they could come back for fireworks, basically tried refusing… we didn’t get seated until about 8:15. Waitstaff was absolutely lovely (wasn’t their fault) and comped a bottle of wine and appetizers but boy was that a weird one.

Anyway, thanks all for the replies! Appreciate the input.

Based on your previous experience what are the chances anyone actually gives up a table at 8:40 for your reservation? You may be standing at the hostess stand watching the fireworks...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter