• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Topic of the week: Crockpot Recipes

I make this all the time - a great Fall/Winter receipe:

Pork Chops and Apples

I really don't have a set receipe, only do this by sight. I take enough pork chops for my family + enough for leftovers - maybe 10. You can use the pork chops with or w/o bones.

I also take 1 bag of apples - core, peel and quarter.

Layer the apples, pork chops, apples, pork chops, etc. Make sure you end with porkchops on top. Add 3 or 4 pats of butter on the top, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, set it on low and cook all day.

This smells delicious while it cooks and tastes even better! The apples cook down into a
sauce which you can add a little cornstarch to after taking out the cooked porkchops to thicken it up a bit.

I usually cook egg noodles with this and pile the chops and "apple sauce" on top.

Add a veggie and salad on the side and you've got a great meal. I always make this for company and give out the "receipe" every single time.

I went out and bought a 6 qt. crockpot the other night because some of these recipes sound sooooo good. My 3 qt. pot was just too small. I'm trying one of the recipes here tomorrow....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter