Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

$12 does seem like a lot for a milkshake. But, looking at the menu and photos, a lot of the shakes are topped by a cookie, brownie, or piece of pie, so they're more of a dessert than a beverage.

We had shakes and sundaes yesterday. They are expensive, but very good! DH amd I shared the eclair/cream puff, and there was plenty left over. DD wanted a smores one and only ate about a fourth of it. DS got a plain vanilla milkshake because he wanted to use the cookie straws that we bought in the store section.
Other things we bought in the store section included cotton candy in a quart sized jar for about $12 each, and some of that chocolate the looks like rocks, same price.
I wanted a chocolate covered strawberry until she told me that one was $4. Same with truffles.

Glad to hear they're working out the bumps. This is on our to-do list for our first trip at the end of the month. Youngest dd is so excited to be going to Universal (Harry Potter and huge coasters!) she's barely interested in Disney.

$12 does seem like a lot for a milkshake. But, looking at the menu and photos, a lot of the shakes are topped by a cookie, brownie, or piece of pie, so they're more of a dessert than a beverage.

My god daughter said the same thing........it's so much more than a milkshake.......

Will definitely have a sample of one or two of them later this month..........:thumbsup2

Are the rest of the Desserts - like the "May Contain Nuts" sundae - still available at the sit-down restaurant? i.e. are only the milkshakes separate? Thanks.

We are back and ate at Toothsome's on Thursday Aug 25. We really liked it and the family (husband, teens 19, 16 and 14-all close to 6ft or over) thought it was our best meal. we did stay offsite most all our days and ate in both the parks and offsite. My middle son asked to go back multiple times.

We thought the decor was great, although my steampunk loving son thought they should have gone farther, bigger hats, etc. Kids don't notice service but my husband and I do and we thought it very good. We are not fancy people so I think this type of place suited us.

We arrived at 3:45 because I had heard they were seating at 4. When we got there they added our names to the seating list. The place seemed very crowded but I guess everyone was just looking around or maybe getting milkshakes. We were number 5 on the list (I asked because husband is not very patient) At 3:58 I got a text our table was ready, we were the second group seated (hungry kids were near the desk)

Our server Emily handed us the huge menus (large book size) and asked if we had been in the parks, said of course you'll want lots of water. She and the other staff kept those water glasses filled. When she came back to get our order she told us no milkshakes in the dining room. A bummer but the kids decided dessert instead. They did have a big sign out front about soft opening and everything not being available. She said be glad because we would have waited about 45 min for the milkshakes.

We ordered 2 warm chocolate almond breads to start (5.90 for 2) and husband got a chocolate stout (8.25) The bread was not warm, and honestly tasted like day old. You NEEDED the sweet from the caramel butter but the butter was rock hard. I suppose it was not as expected. Husband thought beer okay but he said it was fine, he is just not a fan of stout but he wanted to try it. He could taste chocolate and thought if you liked stout you would like it. We are not big drinkers though, so take that as you will.

For our meals we ordered Cheddar bacon Burger with Kettle Chips (14.95), Pub It Up Burger with chips (13.95, Four cheese Flat bread (12.95), Quiche Lorraine and house salad (10.95), and Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche and Broccoli and cheddar soup (10.95) My boys thought these were the best burgers and the chips were excellent. We are pretty sure the pub it up burger came incorrect. He special ordered it to hold the queso and dijon and it came w/o that and w/o veggie toppings but with chips on top instead. Still, he thought it was excellent and wouldn't wait to eat it til we could get it fixed. Both burgers came fixed to order (medium and medium well) and I thought them large. The flatbread was cracker thin with cheese (maybe soft goat cheese?). My daughter did not like it but everyone else did. She is very picky though and I had tried to talk her into a plain waffle. Both quiches and soup and salad were very good. Quiche also came with fruit which was some berries in some kind of syrup. Very good. The lorraine wedge was quite a bit bigger that the broccoli one. Immediately noticeable. I had the lorraine and the crust edge was really hard, although the rest was very good. Salad was fresh, mixed greens, about a cup maybe and soup was about a cup as well. Husband and I were both full, too full for dessert.

Teens always have room though and they all ordered sundaes. I had expected a regular size sundae, so we even let our diabetic son order one. He is 6'5" and can eat a lot but he still has to be careful. 2 Chocolate Brownie Bark Sundaes (9.50 each) and a Salted caramel Flan Sundae (9.50) One chocolate sundae ordered w/o whipped cream and w/o extra chocolate sauce. The sundaes came in serving bowls. Like Corelle serving bowls. I tried the ice cream and it was good, creamy. The oldest had the flan and he was able to finish his ice cream and flan. He did say the flan was cake like, so not sure about that. Came with huge pieces of almond bark, so thick he only ate part of one. Brownie bark ones were enjoyed but neither could come near to finishing them. I would say they all had 3-4 large scoops of ice cream and 4-5 pieces of brownie or candy. Could have been shared for sure.

Our total after preferred discount was 105.26 (before tip) Everyone working was super nice. Jacques came by the table which was super fun.

Sorry this was so long but I got so much help here I wanted to return a little. We found Toothsome's a great meal and value. (even with the mistakes) Our family's meal at the Three Broomsticks was 83.58 for example. The food was good but that was 5 meals and drinks (and I asked for a courtesy water-what a joke) We also had to wait forever in line there

So nice you gave us all the details

I love getting first hand info !

If you had burgers from other places in the park, would you say toothsome burgers were the best over the other places?

ate her Friday night for a milkshake on sept 2. About 35 minute wait for milkshake.
Went today Sunday at 5pm to eat dinner
1 hour 20 minute wait and they took my name and cell to page when table was ready. Said once paged I would 15 minutes to get back. So we went to diagon alley. But got caught in the massive 4 hour down pour: at 1hour20 me we still did not get a text, so we bought ponchos, my bad and walked back to restaurant. Once there they said would be about 20 more minutes. After 20 minutes went up and asked and she said could be a few minutes. She said with the rain people won't leave their tables.
But finally we did and it was all worth the wait. Fantastic food.
We had almost bread, Brie and mushroom as appetizer, cheddar broccoli soup and then cheddar bacon burger and wild mushroom risotto.
All fantastic. But we wanted desert and ordered a sundae, but it was gonna be a 60 minute wait. That's crazy. It's not a soufle. It was ice dream but they said 45 minute wait on shakes and 60 on a sundae:

So we didn't wait.

But all the food was delicious! Like really really good

Are the rest of the Desserts - like the "May Contain Nuts" sundae - still available at the sit-down restaurant? i.e. are only the milkshakes separate? Thanks.

Both times we went they offered desserts, including the sundaes, at the table (just not shakes). We ordered shakes prior to the meal so never had room for the sundaes but saw several people around us get them. They are massive and everyone I spoke to enjoyed theirs.

I had salted Caramel dulce de Leche, espresso buzz and hazelnut haze. I liked all 3 but if I had to pick a winner it would be the dulce de leche.

Both times we went they offered desserts, including the sundaes, at the table (just not shakes). We ordered shakes prior to the meal so never had room for the sundaes but saw several people around us get them. They are massive and everyone I spoke to enjoyed theirs.

I had salted Caramel dulce de Leche, espresso buzz and hazelnut haze. I liked all 3 but if I had to pick a winner it would be the dulce de leche.

Okay good. Thanks a lot for the info.

Funny thing I noticed at the sitdown restaurants we encountered (Toothsome and offsite Yard House)...they are basing tip on the TAXED portion. I've never seen that before, and I object to it.

I, too, would object. Vociferously. Could you explain further? Like, do you mean the tip suggested by the payment device is based on the price of the food plus tax? Were you a "large" party as my family of six is considered, and the automatically added tip/service charge was based on the taxed amount?

I, too, would object. Vociferously. Could you explain further? Like, do you mean the tip suggested by the payment device is based on the price of the food plus tax? Were you a "large" party as my family of six is considered, and the automatically added tip/service charge was based on the taxed amount?
Maybe it's a Florida state thing? That's not how they do it in my state, but then again, some states don't charges taxes on food at all.

Funny thing I noticed at the sitdown restaurants we encountered (Toothsome and offsite Yard House)...they are basing tip on the TAXED portion. I've never seen that before, and I object to it.
It's quite common around me (KC area) when places have the electronic payment machines at your table. The only place that has the electronic payment machines at the table that pre-calculates the tip prior to the tax is Applebees.

For me I just adjust the tip according to what I would calculate which is off the subtotal. So a 15% tip may be a 12.5/13% tip on the electronic machine just because it's using the full total after the tax instead of me using the subtotal.

Most people I know still tip off of the full total instead of the subtotal. But sorry that's not the way I do it.

ETA: Any receipt that I've seen that gives "suggested tip" still calculates off of the total not subtotal.

Tipping debates will never end. It's a discretionary charge - I would never tip on the total (i.e. including tax) - how is that fair? Should a waitress in Montana, for example (that has no sales tax), get less of a tip than a waitress in Tennessee (highest sales tax rate)? Tip suggestions on the bill are fine, but it's no one else's business how much anybody decides to tip.

this place was absolutely amazing!
14183879_1967649850128676_781245549556355127_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest