Tony’s at Magic Kingdom

Ohana is definitely our least favorite. Won't be returning there again unless the place undergoes a major overhaul.

Ohana is definitely our least favorite. Won't be returning there again unless the place undergoes a major overhaul.
We ate there for the first time last month. It was okay but we won’t be rushing to go back.

What do you usually get?

I can’t really say “usually” because this was just one recent meal. It had been more than 15 years since my last visit to Tony’s. I was with my three sisters and we got the Parade viewing package. It included 3 courses and a non alcoholic beverage. I got the Huge fresh and beautiful house salad, the Italian Trio entree, and Tiramasu dessert, plus a soft drink. The cost with reserved VIP parade viewing spot came to less than the total of items on the menu. The complimentary bread was warm and SO good! We all loved our meals. Very hot, very fresh, VERY good! The servings were so huge that if you don’t need a parade package you could easily share everything for two people and still not be able to eat it all. We all got the same dessert! The Best fluffy delicious Tiramasu I ever had! It was so large, but we all finished it because it was like eating a fluffy cloud of wonderfulness! It was the best meal of my 16 night trip! Also, the parade viewing spot was PERFECT!

There are two restaurants at WDW that I haven’t tried largely because the reviews have been consistently bad over the years. Tony’s is one; Hollywood & Vine is the other.

I may give in and try H&V one day, but Tony’s probably not because I don’t think Disney does Italian food well anywhere, and excellent Italian is what I eat and cook at home. I don’t have a desire to spend my money on food that’s less than what I enjoy daily.

There are two restaurants at WDW that I haven’t tried largely because the reviews have been consistently bad over the years. Tony’s is one; Hollywood & Vine is the other.

I may give in and try H&V one day, but Tony’s probably not because I don’t think Disney does Italian food well anywhere, and excellent Italian is what I eat and cook at home. I don’t have a desire to spend my money on food that’s less than what I enjoy daily.
It's getting harder and harder to find good neighborhood Italian restaurants in NYC; gentrification isn't good on that level.
That being said .....there are some bright Italian lights in Epcot for my sight but but nothing about Tony's in MK makes me think it comes close to the grade.
Not a big fan of buffets anymore so I don't really think about V+N.

It's getting harder and harder to find good neighborhood Italian restaurants in NYC; gentrification isn't good on that level.
That being said .....there are some bright Italian lights in Epcot for my sight but but nothing about Tony's in MK makes me think it comes close to the grade.
Not a big fan of buffets anymore so I don't really think about V+N.

Just cross the GWB when you need Italian or Asian. Bergen County is the land of good Italian and Asian restaurants. :)

I've eaten here a couple of times. I know the reviews put it amongst the worst restaurants, but I didn't think it was terrible. It wasn't the best...I'd compare it to an Olive Garden basically. I've never had bad service there, but its basically as plain as it gets for Italian. If you're seated near the front around 5:00pm, you can see the flag retreat ceremony which is always nice. The Palace has great views of the castle or even better yet the waiting area has the best views. So if you can hold out and eat late, watch the fireworks on the porch of The Palace then eat there. It is a Winnie the Pooh character dining buffet experience however.
No, Olive Garden is much better.

What was so bad about it?
The menu tends to be a surprise. If you get what is described on the menu, consider yourself lucky. If it tastes good, consider yourself lucky. I've been burned there three times. I'm not wasting an ADR there again.

I just checked the menu and it has changed since I went last. The item I had the last time is no longer on the menu, probably because they had no idea what they were making.

Last edited:
Just cross the GWB when you need Italian or Asian. Bergen County is the land of good Italian and Asian restaurants. :)
Hehehe there goes that pesky lack of car thingie;).
I have had some seriously good Korean about 30 minutes over the bridge though:cool:.

I watched the posted review. Does this guy really think that Tonys is the only Disney restaurant that's highway robbery? We ate there and didn't think the food was terrible.

I watched the posted review. Does this guy really think that Tonys is the only Disney restaurant that's highway robbery? We ate there and didn't think the food was terrible.
Did you order anything with marinara sauce in it? The non-marinara based dishes seem to get better reviews. Still not the best reviews, but not horrible.

No, Olive Garden is much better.
I thought so too. As i said in another post, I haven't been to olive garden since 2010 but my meal there was pretty decent. Tony's is actually the worst meal i've had anywhere, not just within Disney.

I can’t really say “usually” because this was just one recent meal. It had been more than 15 years since my last visit to Tony’s. I was with my three sisters and we got the Parade viewing package. It included 3 courses and a non alcoholic beverage. I got the Huge fresh and beautiful house salad, the Italian Trio entree, and Tiramasu dessert, plus a soft drink. The cost with reserved VIP parade viewing spot came to less than the total of items on the menu. The complimentary bread was warm and SO good! We all loved our meals. Very hot, very fresh, VERY good! The servings were so huge that if you don’t need a parade package you could easily share everything for two people and still not be able to eat it all. We all got the same dessert! The Best fluffy delicious Tiramasu I ever had! It was so large, but we all finished it because it was like eating a fluffy cloud of wonderfulness! It was the best meal of my 16 night trip! Also, the parade viewing spot was PERFECT!

Mostly the times we have been I have had the spaghetti and meatballs but last time did the chicken parm. I love the tiramisu dessert and get it every time. The other members of my family have food allergies and they do such a great job accommodating them. We are adults and are able to get the child size portions since we don’t do the dining plan and pay OOP.

Did you order anything with marinara sauce in it? The non-marinara based dishes seem to get better reviews. Still not the best reviews, but not horrible.

I thought so too. As i said in another post, I haven't been to olive garden since 2010 but my meal there was pretty decent. Tony's is actually the worst meal i've had anywhere, not just within Disney.
I had pizza/flatbread, sausage, I believe. It had red sauce and it wasn't terrible.

My family owned a successful Italian restaurant for 25 yrs and if we ever heard someone say " their spaghetti/pizza wasn't terrible" it would be the same to us as hearing the words "the food sucks".

I almost laugh so hard it brings me to tears hearing Kevin in the video say something like "it could take the rust off a car bumper". :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

I have eaten at Tony's 3x now, most recently in February. I have enjoyed it immensely each time. My dining companions also really enjoyed it. It's my favorite TS restaurant in MK. To each his own, I guess.

I'm a huge advocate of trying things yourself and making your own decision on places. My sister and I went there in 2016 prior to watching the review the podcast did on it, and we had no major complaints. Honestly, it was fine. It didn't knock me off my feet, but my sister and I ate, we didn't have an awful experience or anything like that, and we were on our way. If you're looking for signature italian, then, dodge this place and go elsewhere. But is it the WORST? To me, no. It's all relative.

As for the view of the castle, as others have pointed out, no you can't see it.

I have eaten at Tony's 3x now, most recently in February. I have enjoyed it immensely each time. My dining companions also really enjoyed it. It's my favorite TS restaurant in MK. To each his own, I guess.

That's what I'm sayin'! I didn't think it was the best by any means, but the "worst" reputation it gets is a little dramatic to me.

Until I'm reimbursed for the redigested cattle feed and red chunky substance (supposedly chicken parm but it was a brick with acid juice on it) I was served the last time we tried Tony's, never, ever, ever again. We have had acceptable meals there in the past but wow, anytime I think of worst lifetime dining experience, I am right back in Tony's town Square restaurant in the magic kingdom.

If you decide to go, I hope it's decent for your sake. You may luck into a good meal even. But beware the possibilities.......

We've eaten at Tony's twice. The first time was not terrible, just not as good as the other Disney restaurants we tried, so we figured we probably wouldn't visit again. Several years later, they add wine to the menu, and kiddos specifically request to eat there, so we decide to try it again. We had a really great time! Maybe it was because of low expectations. Might also be that we were not on the dining plan this time so we didn't feel like we'd wasted a credit on something that wasn't really special. The kids got spaghetti kids meals, and DH and I split a couple of appetizers and a bottle of wine. The food was fine, we enjoyed it very much.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest