Tokyo Disney Resort Food

LeeLeeLuvsDisney

Mouseketeer
I had a request from someone on another thread to post pictures and information about the food at Tokyo Disney Resort. I know some people who haven't been there before are concerned or curious about what types of food are available.

My husband and I were at TDR for 4 days back in April 2009. We took photos of just about everything we ate...and we tried a lot of the snacks while we were there! This post and the photos are not all inclusive, but hopefully it will help those who are researching a trip to TDR and maybe bring back memories for those who have been there already. Enjoy!

First up is the flavored popcorn! It's a favorite snack of the Japanese, and it's awesome IMHO! There are different flavors around each of the parks. You can buy it in a small cardboard popcorn container, or buy a larger souvenir bucket (these are super popular - people bring them back on subsequent visits to be refilled). There are different souvenir buckets in different locations.

I got a Chip and Dale bucket at the cart in Toontown at Tokyo Disneyland (TDL). It was filled with yummy caramel popcorn. The other types of popcorn we tried at TDL were honey (awesome...I believe we found it in Fantasyland) and soy sauce & butter (it was okay...in Tomorrowland).

At Tokyo DisneySea (TDS), we had strawberry (amazing...American Waterfront) and chocolate (yummy...Cape Cod) popcorn. Other flavors exist, we either didn't try them or didn't locate them or they are seasonal and weren't available at the time.

Chip and Dale souvenir popcorn bucket
ry%3D400

Regular popcorn container
ry%3D400

Strawberry popcorn-so good, we had it twice!
ry%3D400

Chocolate popcorn
ry%3D400

subbing....my SIL lives in Tokyo, and have always wanted to know more about Tokyo Disney......maybe some day visit.

Here are some of the other snacks that we enjoyed while at Tokyo Disneyland (TDL). If I remember where we got them, I'll post that in the description!

Our first snack at TDL, I neglected to get a picture of! Ooops! We picked up an Apple Tea soda from the Royal St. Veranda in Adventureland and then a teriyaki chicken leg from a cart near the Swiss Family Treehouse. The soda was fantastic, the chicken leg was okay.

We also got a snack in Fantasyland at the Village Pastry cart that I neglected to take a picture of - it was a sweet potato tipa torta. A tipa torta is a sauce-filled stick pastry and the flavors change seasonally. It was okay. At one point, we also got a chocolate tipa torta...I can't remember if it was from the same cart or from somewhere in Toontown. Anyways, here's a picture of the chocolate tipa torta:
ry%3D400

Meat pie, maple churro and Coke from Pecos Bill Cafe in Westernland (all yummy!) - note the small size of the soda, that's normal size in Japan
ry%3D400

Pretzel filled with sweet cream cheese and a bottle of water from a cart in front of Gadget's Go Coaster in Toontown (yummy!)
ry%3D400

Honey vanilla ice cream in a souvenir Winnie The Pooh ceramic pot - from a cart near the Western River Railroad in Adventureland (they give you a plastic bag to put the souvenir pot in...go to any gift shop and they will bubble wrap it for you for free) - the ice cream was wonderful!
ry%3D400

Tapioca Mango Drink and a Green Apple Sherbet Cone (the drink was mango flavored with huge tapioca balls in it) - got it somewhere near Jungle Cruise in Adventureland - my husband enjoyed the drink, I didn't because I don't like tapioca...the sherbet was good!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We had a honey-lemon churro and caramel popcorn during the Dreamlights Parade - no pic of the churro, sorry! But it was good!

We had a Blueberry Mousse in a Souvenir Cup from Pecos Bill Cafe - no pic, sorry! It was pretty good, but I'm not a blueberry fan. We mainly got it for the souvenir cup, again ceramic, nice quality.

Strawberry-Blueberry Mickey Waffle from The Great American Waffle Co. in World Bazaar - very good!
ry%3D400

One of the first snacks we decided to try at Tokyo DisneySEA (TDS) is the infamous Gyoza Sausage Bun. It is sold at the Refreshment Station cart on Mysterious Island. On very busy days, the line for this snack can be 20 minutes or more! We were there on a slow weekday in April, so we only waited in line 3 minutes. Verdict: we didn't think it was that great. The bun part is very dough-y. We also got Apple Tea Soda with it, which was as always, delicious.

Gyoza Sausage Bun and Apple Tea Soda
ry%3D400

Ukiwah (Shrimp) Bun - we got this at Seaside Snacks on the walkway between Cape Cod and Port Discovery. I'm not sure if they still sell it. We did not care for it at all, it was very dough-y and "blah", but it looked neat!
ry%3D400

Maple-Apricot Pastry purchased somewhere in Port Discovery - it was good!
ry%3D400

Sea Salt Ice Cream in a plastic souvenir case and Tiramisu Ice Cream Sandwich from a cart in Port Discovery near Aquatopia - both of these were absolutely delicious. The sea salt ice cream was like vanilla with just a touch of sea salt, don't be afraid to eat it, it's wonderful! So was the sandwich.
ry%3D400

Somewhere in the Arabian Coast, we got Fried Mochi Balls-Caramel Coffee Flavor. They were really good. Mochi balls are usually made of rice...these are fried, so they are crispy outside, more chewy inside, and they were sweet, not bland at all. I found a picture of the sample food they had up at the counter.
ry%3D400

We also got a Sesame Churro in the Arabian Cost. The churro was interesting...the taste grew on me as I ate it!
ry%3D400

Somewhere around Fortress Explorations, we got a maple churro (always good) and a cherry mousse in a souvenir ceramic cup (also good!) No pic, sorry!

I'll see if I can take pics of the souvenir cups, we have them displayed at home. They are a neat, inexpensive souvenir.

Next up are pics from dining places, not snack places!

Very cool, thanks for posting these pics!!!

I liked the gyoza from Mysterious Island, but it's not as great as the hype for it...if it's less than a 5 minute wait, it's worth it.

In general, the food at TDL completely outshines the food at WDW, that's for sure.

The popcorns are great, especially Chocolate and Strawberry.

I liked the gyoza from Mysterious Island, but it's not as great as the hype for it...if it's less than a 5 minute wait, it's worth it.

In general, the food at TDL completely outshines the food at WDW, that's for sure.

The popcorns are great, especially Chocolate and Strawberry.

Agreed, ChrisFL. The food really is good! As you can tell by our photos, we were totally obsessed with all the wonderful choices we had there.

FYI...I'm going back and editing a couple of things in previous posts as I found more food photos when I looked again!!!!!! Then, I'll move from snacks to meals...

Okay, here are some pictures for our sit-down meals at TDL.

One night, we had dinner at Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall in Fantasyland. The theming here is fantastic, I highly recommend at least walking in and looking around. Queen of Hearts is like a buffeteria. You get a tray and pick out what you want from a selection of stuff that's laid out for you, and then you pay for what's on your tray at the end of the line.

I had Rotisserie Chicken with Garlic Sauce and Chestnut Cream Cake for dessert.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My husband had the Seafood Platter (w/ fish, scallop and shrimp) and the Strawberry Mousse for dessert.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

One day we had lunch at Pan Galactic Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. Sit upstairs for some neat entertainment from Tony Solaroni.

I had the chicken and veggie pizza set. A set includes a slice of pizza, drink, and cream puffs for dessert. My husband had the shrimp and broccoli pizza set.
ry%3D400

We also ordered a tiramisu dessert because it came with a souvenir ceramic Stitch cup.
ry%3D400

Here are some pictures from our sit-down meals at TDS.

One night we had dinner at Restaurant Sakura in the American Waterfront. They serve Japanese food. The service here is excellent, but we actually didn't care for the food too much!!! We had much better Japanese food outside of TDR!!! The tea was good, though...

We started with Japanese Vegetable Salad with Sesame Dressing and Soy-Braised Pork.
ry%3D400

Then, I had the Udon Bowl with a side of Assorted Sushi (I had already eaten some when I remembered to take the picture!)
ry%3D400

My husband had the Assorted Seasonal Tempura with Rice and Miso Soup.
ry%3D400

Another time, we had lunch at Cafe Portofino in Mediterranean Harbor. It is a buffeteria that serves Italian food. We thought the food here was wonderful for being a buffeteria!

I had the Cream of Vegetable Soup, Salad with Roast Beef & Chicken, and Strawberry Mousse for dessert.
ry%3D400

My husband had the Salad with Roast Beef & Chicken, Spaghetti with Ham Sauce, and Coffee Cream Dessert.
ry%3D400

We had dinner one night at Zambini Brothers' Ristorante in Mediterranean Harbor. It's counter service that serves Italian food. We also thought the food here was pretty good.

I had the Salad with Tomato and Mozzerella and the Spaghetti Bolognese. My husband had the Salmon Pizza and Raisin Cream Cake.
ry%3D400

We also ate outside of the parks while in the Tokyo Disney Resort area. One place we ate was at Kua Aina in the Ikspiari shopping area. Kua Aina is a Hawaiian hamburger restaurant chain. The food was really good! You go up to a counter and order your food, then find a seat afterwards and they will bring the food to you.

ry%3D400

We stayed at the Sheraton, one of the Official Hotels of the Tokyo Disney Resort, which is on the monorail line. The hotel breakfast was about $30 per person. To save money, we found a little restaurant called Becker's that is located on the ground floor of the Maihama Train Station, very close to the Disney Resort Welcome Center. It's basically a "fast food" breakfast, but it was quick, good, and cheap (about $10 for BOTH of us). It got us going and allowed us to spend more inside the parks!

Here's a sample $5 breakfast...a cup of coffee (you can also get water, for free, unlimited refills), tater tots, and a croissant with egg and sausage (kind of like a hot dog) inside.

ry%3D400

I just wanted to make one final note about food at TDR and post a few extra pictures.

All the menus that we encountered at TDR were in both English and Japanese. Many of the snack places and restaurants had either pictures of the food as well, or really realistic plastic food in cases to show you what the items are. They make it so easy to know exactly what you're getting!

Here are a few examples of menus and plastic food cases:

Ice Cream Cones in World Bazaar of TDL - menu and part of case
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Food case at Nautilus Galley in Mysterious Island, TDS - they even show drinks!
ry%3D400

Snack cart menu in front of Swiss Family Treehouse in TDL shows you exactly what each item is:
ry%3D400

I hope these posts help anyone who's apprehensive about what they might encounter food-wise at TDR. It was a dream come true for my husband and I to get to visit TDR and Japan, and I am encouraging anyone who's interested in going to GO FOR IT! Just do a little research before you go...but I assure you, it's easier to get around Japan than you think...it's not difficult to find reasonably-priced hotels and just about any kind of food you want. And TDR really is fantastic, unique, and well worth the effort to get there.

Okay, here are some pictures for our sit-down meals at TDL.

One night, we had dinner at Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall in Fantasyland. The theming here is fantastic, I highly recommend at least walking in and looking around. Queen of Hearts is like a buffeteria. You get a tray and pick out what you want from a selection of stuff that's laid out for you, and then you pay for what's on your tray at the end of the line.

I had Rotisserie Chicken with Garlic Sauce and Chestnut Cream Cake for dessert.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My husband had the Seafood Platter (w/ fish, scallop and shrimp) and the Strawberry Mousse for dessert.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

One day we had lunch at Pan Galactic Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. Sit upstairs for some neat entertainment from Tony Solaroni.

I had the chicken and veggie pizza set. A set includes a slice of pizza, drink, and cream puffs for dessert. My husband had the shrimp and broccoli pizza set.
ry%3D400

We also ordered a tiramisu dessert because it came with a souvenir ceramic Stitch cup.
ry%3D400

I remember that place! OMG we took a picture in front of it because of how expensive it was. I wasn't ready for it at all and I can read hiragana...how sad. But it was great! I do think I'd go again...but our last couple of trips we didn't hit it up.

Can you use those popcorn buckets in WDW? I have two one with Chip and Dale and the other is stitch. I wanted to bring mine with me...but I was worried I wouldn't be able to use it.

I remember that place! OMG we took a picture in front of it because of how expensive it was. I wasn't ready for it at all and I can read hiragana...how sad. But it was great! I do think I'd go again...but our last couple of trips we didn't hit it up.

Can you use those popcorn buckets in WDW? I have two one with Chip and Dale and the other is stitch. I wanted to bring mine with me...but I was worried I wouldn't be able to use it.

We're APs at WDW and go a lot...and I have NEVER seen anyone with a popcorn bucket at WDW, nor have we tried to use ours. WDW has a souvenir bucket now, but it's kind of boring and looks different from the ones at TDL/TDS. We rarely get popcorn there anyways...but we're hoping to find the caramel popcorn I keep hearing about to try it. Regular popcorn is so boring after you've had strawberry or black pepper flavor!

But, anyways, to be brief - I don't really have an answer to your popcorn bucket question!

We're APs at WDW and go a lot...and I have NEVER seen anyone with a popcorn bucket at WDW, nor have we tried to use ours. WDW has a souvenir bucket now, but it's kind of boring and looks different from the ones at TDL/TDS. We rarely get popcorn there anyways...but we're hoping to find the caramel popcorn I keep hearing about to try it. Regular popcorn is so boring after you've had strawberry or black pepper flavor!

But, anyways, to be brief - I don't really have an answer to your popcorn bucket question!

Haha okay! I miss the blackpepper flavor too! They had a cheese flavored one that I really liked too!

Haha okay! I miss the blackpepper flavor too! They had a cheese flavored one that I really liked too!

Oooh, never saw a cheese flavor...must have been a seasonal flavor. We had also heard about a cappucino flavor, but never found it either. I would have tried both of those if they had them!

Wow, thank you so much for the pics! It looks like there's a lot of great stuff to try. I particularly like the sound of the flavoured popcorn and I love that quite a few things come in souvenir pots etc. The packaging is super cute too! :)

We ate in the Teddy Roosevelt Bar on the large ship they have in the American section. I ordered the beef and graham even though the waitress could not explain to me what it was. I was happy to see that it was a roast beef sandwich on wheat bread. Also, it was very good.
The only disappointment was the hamburger set I had in the restaurant with the Donald, Chip and Dale show. It turned out to be a terriyaki burger. It was just OK. We had been in China for 2 weeks before arriving and I was really ready for a hamburger. I just had to wait until I arrived home to satisfy my hamburger craving.

We ate in the Teddy Roosevelt Bar on the large ship they have in the American section. I ordered the beef and graham even though the waitress could not explain to me what it was. I was happy to see that it was a roast beef sandwich on wheat bread. Also, it was very good.
The only disappointment was the hamburger set I had in the restaurant with the Donald, Chip and Dale show. It turned out to be a terriyaki burger. It was just OK. We had been in China for 2 weeks before arriving and I was really ready for a hamburger. I just had to wait until I arrived home to satisfy my hamburger craving.

Slimpaw, if you ever go back to TDR and crave a hamburger, be sure to try Kua Aina at Ikspiari (the shopping mall type area near Maihama Station). We found the burgers to be quite good and the fries were good as well.

Slimpaw, if you ever go back to TDR and crave a hamburger, be sure to try Kua Aina at Ikspiari (the shopping mall type area near Maihama Station). We found the burgers to be quite good and the fries were good as well.

Ah yes, I ate there and it was good :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter