To whom it may concern....

I drive a Dodge Durango. Her name is "Ella" I LOVE my SUV. I bought it all by myself and paid cash for it. The salesman kept trying to o the deal with DH and my DH kept telling him, it is her car and you have to talk to my wife. I told him how much I was paying and he said, " you will never get one of these for that price" I said, " Fine, I will take my money somewhere else and I assure you I WILL get it for the price I want." He told me to hang on a minute, he walked back into darkened windowed room came back and said, " It's all yours"

Gas here is AZ at Safeway ( spend 50.00 in grocery's get 20 cents off right now) was 2.57 a gallon. I was like OH yeah filler up! The only thing I don't like about it is it is all leather. Vera, Vera hot in this scorching weather right now. Yesterday it was 124 where I live.

good story katdisney. and YOU made the deal. love that. i think i would like that hot weather. is it true that there is no humidity?????

Gas here is AZ at Safeway ( spend 50.00 in grocery's get 20 cents off right now) was 2.57 a gallon.

I would give anything for gas at $2.57.......OHMIGOSH!!! Ours is over a dollar MORE than that. It's the highest in the country here now!! We've even suprassed California. Not a proud distinction! Oye!!

here's a moke.

oz1.jpg

and here is Stitch

stitch_7forphotobucket.jpg

Hey! Is DH going to take my kids for a ride on the way home/thru when you go to the mini-meet in '09? I want pictures!!! :)

BTW,
love the moke... I could do with that...
But having been in my mini-van... I think I would feel like my butt was scrapping acrossed the pavement! :lmao:

Gas here is AZ at Safeway ( spend 50.00 in grocery's get 20 cents off right now) was 2.57 a gallon. I was like OH yeah filler up! The only thing I don't like about it is it is all leather. Vera, Vera hot in this scorching weather right now. Yesterday it was 124 where I live.

That's a very good gas price. We check the gas buddy website before we go out to see if cheap diesel is near where we are going.

Not addicted to the heated seats, huh?:rotfl:

Nice cars, B&MB. I'd never heard of a Moke before.
I'd love to have a 1940's pick up truck.

I have a Ford Escape (love it!). I don't think I could drive one of those small cars. How would I cart all of my scrap stuff around?

STOP going on about how cheap your gas is:rolleyes1 We pay over £1 a litre - over £4 a gallon. With $2 to the £ you can see why I complain :mad:

Hey! Is DH going to take my kids for a ride on the way home/thru when you go to the mini-meet in '09? I want pictures!!! :)

absolutely!!! We plan on having a moke by then too.

BTW,
love the moke... I could do with that...
But having been in my mini-van... I think I would feel like my butt was scrapping acrossed the pavement! :lmao:

We need to alter the moke to make it a 6 passenger, but I'm so short I can move the seats all the way up in rows 1 and 2 and make a 3rd row. Only moke SUV out there! LOL

STOP going on about how cheap your gas is:rolleyes1 We pay over £1 a litre - over £4 a gallon. With $2 to the £ you can see why I complain :mad:

but your country is tons smaller than ours and if you live near the city you at least have mass transportation. Not us! The train station is 30 minutes from my house, it takes 2 1/2 by train to New York City but also takes 2 1/2 hours by car. Now if there is a car accident or a suicide by train then hours go by before you move again.

but your country is tons smaller than ours and if you live near the city you at least have mass transportation. Not us! The train station is 30 minutes from my house, it takes 2 1/2 by train to New York City but also takes 2 1/2 hours by car. Now if there is a car accident or a suicide by train then hours go by before you move again.

What's a train station? LOL I think we have one downtown..but around here.. you either drive or fly... I can't remember the last time I saw a passenger train around my neck of the woods! popcorn::

What's a train station? LOL I think we have one downtown..but around here.. you either drive or fly... I can't remember the last time I saw a passenger train around my neck of the woods! popcorn::

amtrak.....not really a cool passenger train or anything. The only reason the train still stops there is because it's on the 95 corridor. The next stop is Providence.

I went to DC on vacation a couple of years ago. I LOVED that I didn't need to rent a car. It was wonderful.

You can't survive here without a car... Then again, where I grew up didn't have decent public transportation either (SE MA - to get to the T you have to drive to Braintree, the closest station, which is 1/2 hour away. But it's the best way to get into a Sox game!)

I know, Mazda! I was going to make that comment when I posted about our gas prices, but didn't. BUT, I drive at least 1000 miles a week just for work appointments, and then another at least 300 to 400 miles a week for other things like rehearsals! Everything is so spread out. We have commuter service all over the Chicago area, but I'm about a half hour from the closest Metra pick-up (soon to be in my area in a few years). We also have some of the worst rush hour traffic which eats gas. I still love the traveling more than anything about my job.

Yeah! YM.. your rush hour.. I'm in the floor board of the car! They scare me to death! I drove through rush hour in St. Louis when I was 20, went to pick up a friend's mom for her wedding (drove to nowhere KS and back to Indiana in 20 hours!) well, I got my first lesson in being a defensive driver and learning to cuss and drive at the same time! Got pretty good at it by the time that rush hour was over and we were thru St. Louis!

Yeah! YM.. your rush hour.. I'm in the floor board of the car! They scare me to death! I drove through rush hour in St. Louis when I was 20, went to pick up a friend's mom for her wedding (drove to nowhere KS and back to Indiana in 20 hours!) well, I got my first lesson in being a defensive driver and learning to cuss and drive at the same time! Got pretty good at it by the time that rush hour was over and we were thru St. Louis!

LOL!!! That was a training session for Chicagoland....which is where I'm off to in a few minutes for a rehearsal. It's mainly starting and stopping, but once you start up, you better high-tail it at the same rate as the other traffic!

I can't understand about the car dealers not wanting to deal with a woman. What's up with that! I think I read that almost 50% of car purchases are made by women, so why wouldn't you want to deal with them. I walked out of a few dealerships because they were condecending to me. When I actually bought I brought my dad, who used to be a car salesman back in the day, just to make sure I wasn't getting taken on anything but he basically sat back and let me do it all.

What's public transportation?! Not around here! I live in a town so small we don't have a stoplight. People joke they know when they are getting close to my area when they get stuck behind a tractor or a buggy. I love traveling places where I can use public transportation. We had so much fun riding the subway in Manhattan.

good story katdisney. and YOU made the deal. love that. i think i would like that hot weather. is it true that there is no humidity?????

umm NO that is not true..lol.. right now it is monsoon season. We have had recent days where you walk out side and you need an instant shower. it's horrible this year. now during the winter time it is beautiful here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter