• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

to old for the program ??

Alicnwondrln

DIS Veteran
My best friend Erika is at umass boston she is a full time college student
she is thinking of appplying to the college program
she is 28
as i love wdw she asks me about the program i know nothing and refer her some sites i have heard of
is that to old?? to do the program and will her age effect her chances

thanks everyone :cool1:

as long as she doesn't have any problems with potentially living with people up to 10 years younger than her, she should be fine. I have heard of "non-traditional" college students doing the college program, so I don't think age affects your chances.

When I went for my College Program there was a woman who was something like 65 years old going down. She had just got a divorce, went to college and decided to go to WDW. So, my response:

Never to old.

You are never to old if you love Disney :earboy2: . I am 37 (38 when I actually arrive at WDW, my B-Day is the day before I arrive :moped: ) and have been accepted so age is no problem. The only thing I am nervous about is doing the dorm life thing, I have never been in an environment like that.

I would also reffer your friend here to the Disboards, there are many more people who have gone and can help her. It is a great resource for all things Disney but the college borads should help her make up her mind.

jack do you live in fl?
i only ask as your tickers says you have kids
so if your in the program how will that effect your family and can they afford for you to be away

also i told her about these boards and she is looking into it

what if you're married and in college, is there a chance of a seperate apartment off site or in the dorm for a married couple who loves disney?

Well Alicnwondrln, I Don't live in FL, I live in Ohio. and i have three kids. The oldest really dosen't care (She was raised as a navy brat so daddy being gone is not to big a deal, and being 16 helps too), the middle son won't know till August or he would worry himself to death over the summer about how much longer till I leave, and my youngest, not even one year old yet will be just fine. Now my wife on the other hand is the one i will worry about the most. I think she will come out all right. she knows this is the first step in the process of hopefully getting a job in FL, where she wants to end up too.

So will it effect my home life? definately. Will the kids be thrilled when i get a job with the mouse? Assuredly. Will it suck the whole time I am gone? Yep :sad2: . will we live through it? Yes, because we are a strong family with a great Wife/Mother who holds us together :love: :grouphug: :love:

twojo21,
the short answer, no. They do not provide for married couples on or off site. that is the only thing that stinks about the program for married couples / non-traditional students. Sorry there isn't a better answer.

thanks jack
i told her to go for it
i wish i had when i was finishing my assocites degree but my DH wa slike no thats to long to go away

thanks for the info jack, its sad & almost discriminatory for my beloved disney to dis to be married college students. oh well there's always are fabulous vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter