To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Even though I'm technically a Hawkeye by degree (shhhhh), I only stepped foot on campus twice for my schooling and once was graduation so I don't have strong ties there. I lived in Middleton for a year post undergrad and with no Big Ten ties at the time, quickly adopted the Badgers. I actually considered UW for my MBA but evening classes in town turned out to be waaaaaay more convenient than a 5 hour commute on the weekends.

Well then I guess you're welcome back! Just hoping the snow holds off for you.

Don't sell yourself short! Just as 1 mile is better than 0 miles, something is better than nothing in the strength training dept.

Truth!

I'm going to pretend I didn't immediately tell my husband where my post race breakfast was taking place...

Good Choice! ::yes::

Wishing her the best of luck (and to mom and dad too!)

Thanks!

@GollyGadget Everyone deserves a post-race fritter in their life :)

::yes::

Wishing you all lots of luck!!!

Thanks!

Good luck!!

Thanks!

Go Gigi!!

lindsay-lohan-the-parent-trap-good-luck-58520346b124ad06fd1a37fa-g.gif

Go Gigi!!

lindsay-lohan-the-parent-trap-good-luck-58520346b124ad06fd1a37fa-g.gif

Good luck to Gigi!!!

Thanks guys!

I think all the good luck wishes paid off. Steph said she thought G crushed it. Very personable (not surprising), energetic (not surprising) and very funny (not surprising). We received an email from the agency saying G is the "talk of the office right now". Here's hoping the director agrees and she moves on to the final auditions. :hyper:

Thanks guys!

I think all the good luck wishes paid off. Steph said she thought G crushed it. Very personable (not surprising), energetic (not surprising) and very funny (not surprising). We received an email from the agency saying G is the "talk of the office right now". Here's hoping the director agrees and she moves on to the final auditions. :hyper:

latest

I saw one of the Dance Mom's at O'Hare once. I couldn't place her at first but then her daughter walked by and I basically couldn't stop laughing from embarrassment long enough to explain to my husband what was going on.

This may be the single best usage of gifs in the history of the disboards.
I applaud you @ZellyB
Everyone bow down to the queen of gifs.

giphy.gif

Thank you. Thank you very much.

It's good to have a GIFt. (see what I did there? ;) )

I’m just sitting here alone dying laughing at this!

I saw one of the Dance Mom's at O'Hare once. I couldn't place her at first but then her daughter walked by and I basically couldn't stop laughing from embarrassment long enough to explain to my husband what was going on.

Which one?

Posted this a while ago, but I got the opportunity to eat with Abby once at the airport:

LOL! It was back when I use to travel for work a few years ago. I was in the New York airport waiting for my flight and I was having dinner by myself at a table for 4 in a restaurant. I ordered my food and then was just reading my phone. A random woman approached me and said there were no more tables available and wondered whether she could sit with me. I said no problem and she sat down diagonally to me. She ordered her food and then sat there reading a magazine. A few minutes later I heard and saw a very loud and boisterous woman out of the corner of my eyes. "No tables, what do you mean no tables? I want to eat at this restaurant." I couldn't tell who she was only that she was upset she couldn't eat there. And then I heard the sound of a table dragging across the floor. I could now see her and could tell it was Abby Lee Miller with her then boyfriend. She started dragging a table and chairs over from a different area of the airport over to the restaurant and was saying "see now there are enough tables. I'll eat here." But the staff informed her they wouldn't be able to serve them there because of fire code regulations on the size of their restaurant. She got even madder. So I looked at the random woman and asked her if she was fine if others joined us and she said yes. So I waved to Abby and told her she was welcome to join us at our table if she wanted. She came over and I moved to be directly across from the random woman. Abby thanked us sat down and began to order. She asked what I was having and said it was a salad with cranberries, but it was some other berry. So she scanned and scanned and couldn't find the cranberry salad. And said to me umm I can't find your cranberry salad and that's when I realized it was some other berry. Oh well. So she ordered from the server, but she wanted half of this dish, the side from this dish, the chicken cooked like this from that dish, essentially a make your own plate d-jour. The sever said she wasn't sure she could do that and Abby said "oh, don't worry you can." So then we sat there and Abby asked us how the woman and I knew each other. And I said I didn't know her either and she laughed, "oh so you just invite random strangers to your table for dinner." Yep, that's me. So the other woman asked Abby if she had a tv show. And Abby said, "No, I have TWO (finger gesture) tv shows." I thought to myself, now that's Abby Lee Miller. Guess she is exactly the same person either on tv or in person. I told her how I loved her show and had been watching since the beginning. She informed me that it was the season finale of the competition show and they were suppose to be in LA for the party but their flight was delayed. She asked me if I was such a big fan how I was missing it too, and I said work. I told her that I was happy to be able to get in her the restaurant since she seemed to be having a bad day and was missing the party. She thanked me and we just talked about the show, and her. Then I was finished with my meal and I stood up and said goodbye and left. I decided not to get a picture with her since she had no make-up on and seemed to already be having a bad day. It was a fun experience and she is exactly how she is on tv.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter