To hop or not to hop??

I recently switched to non-hopping. I think DCA has enough now to keep us entertained for pretty much the whole day and I love the extra money we save.

we will always hop in dl and dca, but in Florida, we are considering our 2023 trip with non hoppers.

I agree with choosing MP over hoppers. We didn't get them last time and didn't miss it. It is so much walking to hop!

It would be ideal if the parks were connected with the People Mover. It would be so cool to see part of one park while traveling to the next.

This is our plan. We will be there for four days. We were actually considering only buying MP one or two days. Thoughts on whether or not MP every day is important? Which park do you think it's most important to have MP? Thanks!
For us, DCA for sure. The lines get SO long. We used it more in DL but benefited more in DCA. make sense?
plus ride photos are fun!

Our thought is that Disneyland will reach max capacity most days because of SWGE, so park hoppers will be rendered essentially half useless if you want to “hop” back to Disneyland later in the day. We are thinking we’ll have to pick a park and stick with it anyway. I’ve never tried to leave and come back when they shut down entry, but I’m assuming once you are out you can’t come back in (even if you were already in earlier). Someone with more max capacity experience please chime in if that line of thinking is incorrect.

Could you expand on your thought process? We're going in July and I was assuming that the SWGE crowds would make park hoppers more important than usual rather than less. So we'd have more flexibility to avoid the crowds. But we're completely new to Disneyland in general.

We weren't planning on getting hoppers, but for the price difference I think it is worth it.
We didn't expect to rely so much on fastpass this trip, but we did. We found ourselves zigzagging from park to park for fastpass, different restaurants and shows, etc.

Could you expand on your thought process? We're going in July and I was assuming that the SWGE crowds would make park hoppers more important than usual rather than less. So we'd have more flexibility to avoid the crowds. But we're completely new to Disneyland in general.
Our biggest concern is with the disneyland gates closing later in the day due to capacity. So if you wanted to start out in SWGE in the morning, then travel to DCA to avoid the crowds later in the day, that would work. But you may be stuck there for the evening, unable to go back to Disneyland if they close the front gate. Which may not be a bad thing if you want out of the crowds in the evening? But if I’m going to pay the extra money, I’d like to get unrestricted hopping. But all of that is speculation, because the front gates have closed so few times. But if there were ever an event to make that happen again, this would be it, IMO.

Last edited:
Our biggest concern is with the disneyland gates closing later in the day due to capacity. So if you wanted to start out in SWGE in the morning, then travel to DCA to avoid the crowds later in the day, that would work. But you may be stuck there for the evening, unable to go back to Disneyland if they close the front gate. Which may not be a bad thing if you want out of the crowds in the evening? But if I’m going to pay the extra money, I’d like to get unrestricted hopping. But all of that is speculation, because the front gates have closed so few times. But if there were ever an event to make that happen again, this would be it, IMO.

Gotcha. Gates closing were never on my radar.

Although I guess if they have to close the gates due to crowding, that's exactly the sort of crowds we'd be wanting to avoid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter