Tips for securing Fantasy Springs/MiraCosta Oct 2024

Drup

Earning My Ears
Hi team,

I have recently been bitten by the Disney bug after following my in laws family to LA Disneyland. TO my surprise we are now going to Japan and i didn't even realise there was a Disney park. I also just learned about Fantasy Springs expansion and trying to book a 4 day stay as close to TDS as possible. But from my understanding accommodation is currently opening for 4 months in advance (October 2024) and i just cant seem to get lucky enough to book anything.

Do we have any suggestions or hacks someone can suggest? Are there any booking services i can pay for to have someone take care of this for me at a cost?

Thank you all for your support.

Only the first few days of October are available for booking right now. If you're looking later in the month, then nothing will be available, even if the website lets you search. Each day, another day becomes available.

There are plenty of other hotels in the resort, including Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. Most of them are on the monorail, so getting to TDS is very quick and easy. The only downside is that you won't get Happy Entry to TDS at the other hotels unless the rules change by October. I'm hopeful that they will change the rules by then. Otherwise, vacation packages at other hotels don't get Happy Entry on any days at all!

You can also look at booking vacation packages, which book further in advance and sometimes have availability when room-only searches say that nothing is available.

Finally, just keep checking. People cancel or reschedule all the time and rooms come and go every day.

I've heard some concerning stories that it can take hours to get in without happy entry and even missing out completely on Fantasy Springs if not using a hotel.

I've also gotten a quote for a vacation package and at 1,000,000 yen it was quite the pill to swallow for just 2 nights.

I've heard some concerning stories that it can take hours to get in without happy entry and even missing out completely on Fantasy Springs if not using a hotel.
It can take “hours” - if you arrive well before opening to maximise your chances at getting paid Fast Passes and free Priority Passes. But, if you’re not that keen, you can pretty much walk in once the initial crowd has passed through the entry gates. It depends whether you’re willing to spend that time waiting to do as much as possible within the park.

And, yes. It’s possible that as a regular ticket holder, you won’t be able to access Fantasy Springs if all paid Premier Access tickets and free Priority Passes are taken by the time you enter the park. But, there’s lots to do in DisneySea other than FS. Again. It depends upon what is important to you.

There should be plenty of trip reports, reviews, etc online in the lead up to October which should give you an idea whether getting into FS will be possible, without lining up at 5am!

The risk of having to deal with hours of waiting or missing out completely is enough for my family not to consider it. We are spending quite alot for a once in a lifetime trip and we would just like to peace of mind that everything is confirmed.

It would be a shame to miss FS entirely after travelling and spending so far and so much.

Last edited:
There's plenty to enjoy at DisneySea without Fantasy Springs. People have been enjoying DS for 20+ years without the FS expansion.

If access to FS is a deal breaker to you, then unfortunately a Vacation Package with guaranteed access is the only option. I understand that people can cancel their packages quite often, so you could just keep checking every day.

I've also gotten a quote for a vacation package and at 1,000,000 yen it was quite the pill to swallow for just 2 nights.
I might regret saying this but I feel like it's still early and we don't know how it's going to go since FS hasn't officially opened yet. Keeping a close eye on it though since I'd really prefer to avoid booking a hotel just to enter this land. Just doesn't make sense to lock people out without any chance to get in IMO.

I don't blame you for trying to secure a reservation though.

Cancellations are super common and I was able to get every single combination of rooms and packages I wanted in the months leading up to my opening day trip. I didn’t even start planning this trip til three months out. Unless you’re set on Fantasy Springs Hotel I wouldn’t be too worried. MiraCosta had so many cancellations in the couple weeks before as the cancellation window approached. It’s easy to book a placeholder and modify the room type / hotel as needed. Basically, I wouldn’t stress over it too much if you’re fine with MC. FSH is a whole different beast and probably will be for a while.

What is the cancellation window?
21 days for packages, 14 for room only. Cancellations start showing up in heaps maybe a week before. But if you’re modifying I think you have until 10 days before to still modify so you can grab the last minute cancellations as long as you’re willing to stay at your original reservation if modifying doesn’t work out.

There's plenty to enjoy at DisneySea without Fantasy Springs. People have been enjoying DS for 20+ years without the FS expansion.

If access to FS is a deal breaker to you, then unfortunately a Vacation Package with guaranteed access is the only option. I understand that people can cancel their packages quite often, so you could just keep checking every day.
I agree with this and I might offend people, but I honestly was not blown away by Fantasy Springs. It was a nice addition but we enjoyed other areas of Disneysea just as much, if not more. Ds only asked to repeat Tower of Terror, Aquatopia, and 20,000 Leagues if that says anything

Its nice to know if we dont end up getting into FS that there is plenty else to do. I sure hope my daughter feels the same way if it was to happen lol

I might regret saying this but I feel like it's still early and we don't know how it's going to go since FS hasn't officially opened yet.
Mario land at Universal in Osaka has been open for three (?) years now. It has less rides and restaurants and seems quite a bit smaller. You still need to either be first in line at the entrance gates upon opening, a paid Express Pass or a limited, free “timed entry” ticket to get in.

It’s good to be optimistic, but I expect it to be a … challenge to get into FS for years. Not an insurmountable challenge, but I think it will be a very long time before guests can just wander into the area whenever they like.

I’d be happy to be proven wrong though!

Mario land at Universal in Osaka has been open for three (?) years now. It has less rides and restaurants and seems quite a bit smaller. You still need to either be first in line at the entrance gates upon opening, a paid Express Pass or a limited, free “timed entry” ticket to get in.

It’s good to be optimistic, but I expect it to be a … challenge to get into FS for years. Not an insurmountable challenge, but I think it will be a very long time before guests can just wander into the area whenever they like.

I’d be happy to be proven wrong though!
Oh I agree that it'll be tough, I'm just uneasy with the idea of assuming that you HAVE to reserve a hotel stay to get in, i.e. anyone who doesn't do that doesn't have a shot. Sounds like today resembled getting a VQ spot a bit, with the complication that you have to be in the park to grab a spot, so some people missed out.

Anyway, taking a very "wait and see" approach, given I'll be going in November. Don't blame anyone for reserving a hotel if they're going earlier.

(I'll also be at Universal Osaka so needless to say I'm taking notes on how to get in there too)

I tried to get FS hotel for two different dates and was never able to get it at initial booking, so we grabbed Miracosta instead. I too need two rooms like you as we are a family of 5 which makes it more difficult, I think. I have a 2 day Miracosta Vacation package and a 2 day room only Miracosta reservation for our 4 day stay.

The number one tip that helped me book MC back in March was to keep refreshing for a while after the booking time opens. After 10-15 minutes, the Harbor View popped up and I was able to book. Just be sure to have multiple credit cards ready. I tried AmEx and something else first that didn't work. Then I tried Chase Sapphire Preferred and it went through. It did not kick me all the way out when it rejected my first two payment attempts.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest