• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips for Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and TSMM

DisneyDad2015

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any tips or secrets for getting a higher score in these games? I’m consistently losing to my DW at both of these, and next week when we go back to WDW I’m determined to finally win lol.

So what do I need to do to be able to get a higher score?

Here's my tips:
1. Screw Buzz. Talk about boring.

2. Now, for TSMM, prepare to have tired fingers. I use my middle finger to shoot. CONSTANT SPRAYING. Once you figure out how little you need to pull back and release, it's a breeze to literally SPRAY the targets - especially in the ring toss mode. Well, to be fair, my main competition is only 8 yrs old, I'm sure he'll eventually beat me. Also, for BOTH games, there are lists somewhere, just do a web search of how to get a high score by getting the not so well known targets, I guarantee you'll find the lists.

Last edited:
Buzz.. Shoot Zurgs lower left arm I believe it is

Toy story, really only way to score really big is for the person sitting next to you to work together with you to hit certain things and unlock stuff for you to hit. So that's no fun. I compete against my wife and have yet to lose. Just aim and go for the high points instead of just shooting everywhere

I'm usually around 200k points in Toy story

Google this - you'll find tons of articles and YouTube videos with all kinds of secrets.

Offhand, I can tell you for Buzz - in the first room there is an orange robot on the left. The inside of his far hand will score you 100k. In the second room, the top of the volcano is another big point scorer.

Again, you can find TONS of tips online!

Toy story, really only way to score really big is for the person sitting next to you to work together with you to hit certain things and unlock stuff for you to hit. So that's no fun. I compete against my wife and have yet to lose. Just aim and go for the high points instead of just shooting everywhere

I'm usually around 200k points in Toy story

Same. I usually score between 185-215k. DW has never beaten me, nor has DS13 or DD10. However, this most recent trip, DS10 legitimately beat me, fair and square. Man, did it make me feel old. He's has terrific hand/eye coordination and quick reflexes (these things also make him a great athlete), I knew it was only a matter of time, but didn't think it would be this soon. I blamed it on the fact that sometimes I struggle to see the color difference between the yellow and the green. :D

Definitely look up tips online. My husband and I work together to release special stuff to get more points. We are disappointed if we don't get At least around 300k. We aren't up there with best this month or even best this day, but most of the time we get best this hour.

Edit - should have specified this is for toy story.

My best tip when you sit on left is to hit robots left inside arm in first lit room. When you sit on right, it’s still possible, but heads get in way. However when you sit on right, face backwards after you pass zurg and aim at the lowest target. The angle the blaster needs can only be achieved after you pass him. Good luck.

And for SURE the volcano.

For Buzz, go for the robot's left arm, the top of the volcano, and the bottom of Zurg's spaceship. Got 2 Galactic Heros last trip :)

I will definitely recommend hitting the robots left arm in the first room. It is much easier to do on the left side. I got a galactic hero every time I hit the left arm.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the helpful hints.

Unfortunately my DW also saw this thread, so I’ll probably be in for another loss or two this trip lol.

Also on the Buzz ride, don't click the trigger but just hold it down. It isn't a continuous shooting action but will shoot the laser at the fastest possible rate.

There's a spider on the ceiling of the first room as you enter in Buzz, a hit gets you 100,000 points.

Bill From PA

For Buzz, go for the robot's left arm, the top of the volcano, and the bottom of Zurg's spaceship. Got 2 Galactic Heros last trip :)

What I was about to post. The robot's arm is actually after you pass it though. Swing back around and you have a clear shot at it.

No tips from me but I'm posting in solidarity with you as one who gets defeated by DW on a regular basis. :sunny:
I'm the opposite lol. DH always beats me because his hand/eye coordination when it comes to games is much better than mine, but when it comes to sports my hand/eye coordination is much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter