Tipping turn down & concierge

bratray

<font color=red>Disney Planning Addict<br><font co
hello

staying club level at the RPR in June
i always tip housekeeping $5 per nite
but was wondering do i tip turn down service? if so how much?
what about the concierge staff at club level- do they get tipped as well ? & what would an appropriate tip be?

i don't want to be cheap so any suggestions would be appreciated :rolleyes:

thanks

lisa:wave2:

I always tip $4 for daily housekeeping ($1 per person), and I leave $2 for turndown. I'm not sure about concierge, maybe tip only if they do something above and beyond. We stayed club level at HRH and I would not even consider tipping, they didn't do anything and couldn't answer the most basic questions.

WOW!!

tigerlilly- your trip is almost here:bounce: :bounce:

have a wonderful time:sunny:

lisa

Thanks, we are really getting excited! I can't believe it's only a few more days.

Puffy2's tipping suggestions :

Never in my life have I tipped for turn down service.

Housekeeping may get $5.00 a day if they do a good job (some do/some don't)

People bringing things to the room when you are in the room (extra blanket, whatever) are generally tipped a couple of dollars .

Anytime someone handles your bags they get about a dollar a bag. (especially important at the airport if you drop off luggage at a curbside check in...."Can I do anything else for you sir/miss" really means "Do you want your bags to arrive in Atlanta or Alaska?...tipping will determine the location...."

Town car service generally tipped 15% or so OR $10.00 whichever is greater.

Cabs - 15%-20% of fare.

I've only tipped concierge when they do something special I requested (once at the Swan I tipped about $25.00 for a big extra they helped me with- took more effort than a phone call on the part of the concierge ). Other than that, I don't tip concierge.

Waitress/waiter 15 - 20% depending on service given .
Bartender $1 - $2 each time you order a drink.
Valet about $2.00 when you pick up the car.

Puffy, your post cracks me up. :teeth: At the Orlando airport the curbside check-in guy was so appreciative when I tipped him--from his reaction people hadn't been doing it that day. If a person doesn't want to tip at the airport then they should bring their bags inside and check them there.

I usually tip $1 when someone brings something to the room. I didn't at Pop Century, however, when someone had to bring a box of tissue that the maid hadn't replinished. When it's something that SHOULD be in the room I don't think an extra tip is necessary.

I agree about the tipping of the maid. I will tip, but if they aren't cleaning the room well, leaving plenty of supplies, collecting all the towels, I won't tip the next morning.

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter