• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Time Share Tours....what have you recieved for going?

rushins4

Earning My Ears
Hello again,
As you can tell if you read my post about free breakfast you will see that we are trying to do this trip on as small a budget as we can...

Last year we did a time share promo and got 4 passes to Sea World for a total of about $75.00 about 1/2 price above buying them at the gates.

We did not think that the timeshare promo was too trerrible to do and thought we would like to try to 2 of them this year...

We would like to get tickets for Sea World and Universal for as little as possible if not free...

Can we schedule 2 promos in one day?

Can my sister in law who is not married do them also?

What time shares have you done and what did you get for it??

Thanks for answering!
Brenda

I don't think being married is a requirement. I think what they look for at is your income to know if you can afford to buy a timeshare.
The only timeshare tour we took was at Orange Lake about 8 years ago. We had a choice of things to take, we took 2 free tickets to Arabian Nights Dinner Show.
I read some messages about the sales people being very pushy. I don't know about that because we bought one week that year and love it. We even bought another week a few years later.
Have a great trip!

Last year we went to a timeshare presentation for Summer Bay. We paid $189. We received three nites accomodations in a 1 bedroom condo, 2 tix to Universal IOA, and a family pass to Water Mania. (I guess its unusual to get both - the customer service person tried to tell me I had a choice of Univ or Water Mania and I told her we were offered both. She made a phone call and was surprised that I was correct.)
:cool:

Orange Lake offered us two dinners at their buffet restaurant. Not the friendliest sales staff at all. However, my friend owns there and loves it to bits.

Silver Lake put us in the Comfort Inn I think? for three nights for free. no pressure salesman, nice place.

Ron Jon (used to be isle of bali) gave us 3 nights in a one bedroom condo for I think $119 or something crazy. Another good experience, and we had no problems with the place.

I think the salesperson that you get makes the biggest difference.

I don't know that I would *want* to sit through two timeshare pitches in one day, but I suppose it could be done if you got the first time slot available for one, and the last for the second one, and the two properties were nearby eachother. Because they know that most everyone wants to be at the theme parks, the sales pitches don't usually run much past 11 I think?

The timeshare located at Old Town offered us $75 towards Cirque tickets because I said it was the only thing I wanted, but we never made it to that one.

Dianna

I went to one in Sept 1999, forget the name, they offered Disney tix for $20 apiece or $100. Since it was the end of my trip I took the money.

I got a breakfast, a shpiel, and a trip back to my hotel in a limo and they paid me. I thought it was a good deal!

I've gotten...

3 nights in Daytona for $20. (don't remember which company)
2 tix for Adventure landing in Daytona and $50 GC for Olive Garden (Fairfield Daytona)
2 Universal Tix for $10 (The Palms)
2 MK tix for $35 (Fairfield Star Island)
$50 in Disney Dollars (Fairfield Cypress Palms)

Each offered a pretty substantial breakfast as well. I did the tours because I like to tour the properties. I did get suckered in (actually my wife did) and bought the last time. We probably overpaid, but we enjoy it. Plus, our non-disney vacations are pretty darn comfortable now.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter