Time for a Disney Do-Over!! It's a GO!

I'll come back later and reply to everyone, but I just had to vent a little about a phone call I just had with Disney. I called to upgrade my free quick service dining to the regular dining and first of all the automated princess couldn't access my acct, couldn't understand my name or anything else.:badpc: This happened last time as well. THEN I get a CM who didn't seem to know what she was doing. She kept asking me questions and finally said my confirmation # was wrong. What?? I've used that same confirmation # to make changes to my reservation and had no problem. She gave me a different #. Okay, I'm starting to have my doubts about this. Then she says we're booked the 10th thru the 24th. Yeah, in my dreams! So she changed that. Keep in mind I have talked to the CMs several different times and they always quoted the correct info. Sooo, she says she is looking for block-out dates and pass codes to see if she can allow me to add the dining. Again, WHAT? You just take the QS dining price and subtract from the reg dining and that's the amount. I've done it numerous trips. So, she comes back and says she can add the dining and it would be eight hundred and whatever. I checked out at the 8!:faint: I said that couldn't be right. And explained what I usually did. She didn't seem to understand at all. I just told her I had to let my dog out and would call back. Hopefully I'll get someone who knows what they're doing. She didn't even give her name like she's supposed to at the beginning of the conversation. I feel for people who are new, but this has me crazy until I can get it resolved. Thanks for listening to my rant. Going to go call again.

I had a similar experience yesterday. I was reading the fine print on the military offer, and it seemed like my mom might qualify even if my dad wasn't with us. So I called to ask and the guy said yes, that was fine, but then the system went down. So I called back last night and the guy I talked to couldn't understand that my dad was the one who served, but my mom has a spouse/dependent ID. He finally said if she had an ID, then we would qualify. But then he said we had to all be booked on one reservation since we only had one military ID - which we've never had to do when my dad has traveled with us - we've always booked 2 reservations with the military rate and they link the reservations. We got a good deal (saved almost $40 on our room) and the reservation looks ok online so I'm just going to let it be.

Good luck getting it straightened out and getting quoted a reasonable upgrade price.

They can never understand my name - I hate that automated system!

Our trip is close and I need to get a few more things finished, get Mo's stuff in the mail and pack - Charlie keeps telling me not to procrastinate and get stressed out, but its hard when I have to work all day and then come home and work in the sewing room. Especially when I KNOW I bought cow print fabric last year thinking we might be Woody & Jessie this year and now I can't find it.....Of course, if you saw my sewing room, you'd understand - probably faint, but you'd understand.

Once I get home from vacation, the room is getting cleaned out. I had 3 people donate fabric and craft stuff to me and I just can't say no when it comes to crafty stuff, so my room is stuffed past the gills.:(

I love it when the generations can be together too. It's a way of life in a lot of cultures, but sadly, not ours. I'm glad you got to experience it. Dan's grandmother sold her house to his Dad and lived with them too. So he got to experience that too. Of course, not all grandparents are created equally…my Dad's mom was pretty negative and a little went a long way once we got old enough to notice.

I really don't know how you do all you do and work all day! I truly am in awe. I don't work outside the home and I still feel as though I get nothing done.

I hear you about the fabric. Keep digging, you'll come up with it I'm sure. I would never turn down fabric and craft stuff either. I had to go pick up my car this morning from getting the brakes fixed and was thinking there should be some garage sales going and maybe I could find fabric…need a 12 step program!:faint: On the other hand, in October last year when I was staying with Jennifer, she found out the night before that Miles needed fabric for a pillow they would be making in class the next day. He wanted Monsters Inc. and don't you know I had brought my machine and some fabric and Monsters Inc. was one of them. Saved the day. So that just fueled my desire to buy more...:crazy2: Hope you find it. I hate to state the obvious, but you're leaving SOON!!! Wish I could help somehow.

Looks like a fun time with the grand kids!! Love the photos!

Yay on the condo stuff moving right along and getting to order all that fun stuff!!

29 days?!?!!!??? SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!! So close! I can't believe it! Were at 45 and time is just whizzing by! I simply cannot wait for D, Tess, Mo and YOU to all get goin on your trips so I can see photos!!!! I'm so excited!!!

I haven't heard from the title co today yet, but hopefully they were able to get it done. It is soooo fun to order stuff and visualize how the place could look. We usually don't do custom cabinets in situations like these, but this neighborhood supports that and the granite.

Yes, so close! I saw your badges on FB and they are so fun!! :cool1:I need to get to Hobby Lobby and get our buttons made. I printed them out already. I wish the colors were a little more vibrant on our "official" badge, but I like what it says!

I'll be living vicariously through you when my trip is done and yours is still coming. We all feed off of each others' excitement. We have such a great September group who really seem to care about each other. Love it!!

Hope the condo comes through for Friday! Looking forward to seeing your progress pictures! Will you guys do all the installation yourself?

I'll be posting a ton of before and after pictures. And, yes, we will install everything except the sliding glass door. It's just so heavy we don't want to deal with it. I'm so excited to get started!!

Looks like a great visit with the grands! I grew up far away from both sets of my grandparents, with my dad being in the Navy. I was so blessed to have the opportunity to live with my maternal grandparents when I was in 8th grade and my paternal grandparents when I was in college. It was amazing to get to spend that time with them. My girls are so blessed that they spend a ton of time with my parents, and although my MIL is a little hit or miss, they get to spend time with her regularly as well.

I think it's so great when you can have the generations close like that. My parents enjoyed seeing the great-grands too.

Your trip is coming up so fast! If I keep up at this rate, I'll add another trip to come meet you! :faint:

Will you be doing any magic band decorating when they come in?

Have a great day!

I know and I love it!! I would be thrilled to meet you, Jennifer! But I realize that would be a lot of trips for you. Maybe you could come and see Tess, Mo and I all three at once…now that would be fun!!

I plan to just put some glittery nail polish on mine with maybe a few crystals and call it a day. Dan won't let me touch his.:rotfl: I may just sneak a crystal on his anyway...:rolleyes1

awwwwwwwwww lovie time with the grand kids!!! everyone is soo sweet!!!

Thanks Mo! We had a lot of fun!

yay on progress and the condo! spending lots of Mulah.

You got that right! We usually just get in-stock cabinets, but this is a really good neighborhood and I thought we should definitely go higher end. Of course it's the least expensive (almost) cabinets we could get…had to go with cherry, right?…and the least expensive granite as well. Can't wait to go pick out our slab!

TESS!!! i hope your NOT stressing about anything for us.. as you KNOW i am not expecting anything but your company!!!

24 days....

Speaking as a seamstress, there's a reason for the stress at the end of the word! Relate it to your photography. If you were doing a photo shoot, you would stress if things weren't happening according to your plan/schedule. Same here. But I agree with you, Tess, you're amazing and have done so much. No more stressing!!!

Your agony over keeping this secret is almost over!!!! :thumbsup2 Hang in there!!!:hug:

******************************************************************************************************

Okay, update on my attempt to upgrade my dining. We waited this long because we had a sweet young lady from our former church who had Disney reward dollars earned who needed the cash more. She put a feeler out on FB and one of our other friends said: Contact Lois and Dan! Of course! Everyone knows we're Disney nuts! So, to help her out, we waited until the end of July when she wanted to redeem her points and we just got the card yesterday. She's $313 richer and we have our dining upgrade paid for with $50 left to spend. Win Win.

So, my next call was night and day from the first. Got a wonderful young lady who said she would have to send me to guest services for that to be handled. But while I was with her, I went ahead and bought my MNSSHP tickets for the 16th of September!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'm soooo excited to have that done!! We also chatted about working as a CM in the call center. I gathered that she worked from home, but she could neither confirm nor deny that.:rolleyes1 She was a real sweetheart!

Got over to guest services and had "Winston" help me out with the upgrade. Someone told me once that the names the CMs tell us are given to them by Disney and not their real names. I've had some doozies, let me tell ya! So, anyway, seems I've made a short story long….we've got the upgraded dining for the price I was expecting and all is well. Sorry for the earlier panic. I just didn't want things to go wrong at this stage, you know?

Well, I have to go and get something done. I hope everyone has a fantastic and fun weekend!! :cheer2:

I am so glad to have met you on the DIS! In the short time I've known you, I've seen you and Dan be a blessing to so many - really helping others out and filling a need without thinking anything of it - staying with Jennifer and helping with the kids for so long, buying the condo from someone who was in distress with their home, buying Disney rewards from someone who needed the cash, keeping the grands for a week, grand-dog sitting, and I could still go on. You are a very special woman! And I know you are able to do all of this with Dan's support. I am happy to call you a friend!

I think I am going to go through my scrapbook supplies, I believe I have some awesome princess crystals that may make there way onto my magic band as well as the girls'.

I don't think I'll be able to swing a September trip (not with my August, two in October, and November already booked - plus most likely adding a birthday trip for DH in December and a birthday trip for Peyton in February) but, do you, Mo, and Tess overlap on a weekend? :thumbsup2

I'm really not stressed, just realized that I only have 3 weekend days to get stuff done. I will do the most important things finished first and then anything else will be gravy.

Glad you got your upgraded dining! We're not doing the dining plan this time. We're going to try it without once and see how it goes.

I had a similar experience yesterday. I was reading the fine print on the military offer, and it seemed like my mom might qualify even if my dad wasn't with us. So I called to ask and the guy said yes, that was fine, but then the system went down. So I called back last night and the guy I talked to couldn't understand that my dad was the one who served, but my mom has a spouse/dependent ID. He finally said if she had an ID, then we would qualify. But then he said we had to all be booked on one reservation since we only had one military ID - which we've never had to do when my dad has traveled with us - we've always booked 2 reservations with the military rate and they link the reservations. We got a good deal (saved almost $40 on our room) and the reservation looks ok online so I'm just going to let it be.

Good luck getting it straightened out and getting quoted a reasonable upgrade price.

They can never understand my name - I hate that automated system!

Ack!!! Let us know how the call back goes! Hope she didn't change anything!!

I totally missed these two quotes when i came back to let you know how my second call came out! So sorry!

Jennifer, so glad you were able to get the Military discount. It is amazing how you get so many different answers when you call. That's why it's always a good idea to call back and see if the answers match.

Terri, It looks like the first CM didn't do any harm. Everything looked good when the second CM checked it out. I just have to wonder...:sad2:

I am so glad to have met you on the DIS! In the short time I've known you, I've seen you and Dan be a blessing to so many - really helping others out and filling a need without thinking anything of it - staying with Jennifer and helping with the kids for so long, buying the condo from someone who was in distress with their home, buying Disney rewards from someone who needed the cash, keeping the grands for a week, grand-dog sitting, and I could still go on. You are a very special woman! And I know you are able to do all of this with Dan's support. I am happy to call you a friend!

Awww, that is so very sweet of you to say. :hug:We have been so blessed in our lives and we are happy when God gives us opportunities to be a blessing to others. I don't doubt that you are the same way. And I am looking forward to the day we can meet, even if we have to wait until you visit Ohio.:goodvibes

I think I am going to go through my scrapbook supplies, I believe I have some awesome princess crystals that may make there way onto my magic band as well as the girls'.

Oh…I never thought about my scrapbooking supplies. I'll have to check it out. I've been doing so much sewing, I haven't scrapbooked in over a year (or more)! I have all kinds of Disney bling for book I ahem planned to do. Thanks for the idea!

I don't think I'll be able to swing a September trip (not with my August, two in October, and November already booked - plus most likely adding a birthday trip for DH in December and a birthday trip for Peyton in February) but, do you, Mo, and Tess overlap on a weekend? :thumbsup2

I totally get that. I'll have to check about the weekend. I think Tess goes home our first weekend there. We arrive on a Wednesday. I'll get back to you on that.

I'm really not stressed, just realized that I only have 3 weekend days to get stuff done. I will do the most important things finished first and then anything else will be gravy.

Glad you got your upgraded dining! We're not doing the dining plan this time. We're going to try it without once and see how it goes.

Yeah, I get that. I sometimes talk like I'm stressed, but really inside I know it's okay. I call that frustration. I'm sure you'll get everything done. I saw that you bought more cow fabric. You know you'll find the other now, right? Or maybe you dreamed you bought it.:rotfl:

I didn't realize you weren't on the dining plan this time. We have never gone without the dining plan since it became free. We had to pay for it once, but we carefully crunched the numbers to make sure it was still a good deal for us. I'll be interested to know how you liked not having it.

Well, sorry to say I've been up since 4am not feeling well, then throwing up a few times. I don't feel as badly as I did, but I haven't had anything to eat today and don't feel as though I want to eat. I did something I know I shouldn't do…I ate at Burger King. I think something was wrong with the burger. That's what it felt like to me rather than the flu or something. No fever etc. But on the bright side, I'm not at Disney being sick!!

We got some papers in the mail about the condo sale and the seller has to do a few things before it can be finalized. Fortunately, she gave her brother POA, so he'll get right on everything and make it happen as quickly as he can.

Our son and DDIL will be here in a few hours to pick up little Cody. They had a great week at Hilton Head, but are anxious to sleep in their own bed tonight. We are supposed to be going out to eat at our favorite Mexican place, but I know I won't be eating anything there tonight! No way! I'll sip some water and visit.:thumbsup2

Still didn't get my Magic Bands. Was so hoping for yesterday, then today. I just know they have to get here by Monday. I got the shipped notice on the 12th. I'm just excited to get them. I know they'll be here soon. I need to exercise patience!!:upsidedow

Well, I hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend!! Enjoy!:goodvibes

:( wow Lois, it seems like you've had a run of a little bad luck. I hope that you're feeling better now.....

I'm curious to hear about the magic bands as well :lovestruc

So sorry you weren't feeling well! Hope you are back to normal this morning.

I know you are anxious to get started on the condo, I hope the owner's brother is able to get everything straightened out quickly.

:wizard: Hope you'll see the plain brown box in the mail today!

Have a great day!

Are you going to decorate your bands?

I'm not doing much. Just some glittery nail polish and a few crystals I think. Nothing on Dan's…he wants his manly and plain!:rotfl2:

:( wow Lois, it seems like you've had a run of a little bad luck. I hope that you're feeling better now.....

I'm curious to hear about the magic bands as well :lovestruc

I felt fine by Sunday morning. Even went out for breakfast. Thanks.

Just some glittery nail polish and crystals. Nothing real fancy.

So sorry you weren't feeling well! Hope you are back to normal this morning.

I know you are anxious to get started on the condo, I hope the owner's brother is able to get everything straightened out quickly.

:wizard: Hope you'll see the plain brown box in the mail today!

Have a great day!

I'm as normal as I ever am!:rotfl:

I know it will happen with the condo when the time is right.

Yes!! Hoping that finally today is the day!!!:bitelip:

********************************************************************************************

I'm listening to the music from Soarin' while I type and it is putting me right there!! Love my D-cot!!

My sister is coming for a brief visit from Texas on Thursday. She hardly ever visits since she and my Dad don't get along very well. I'm usually put in the middle, which is a very difficult place to be. I just usually pray a lot. She is staying with us instead of our parents and I already know that is going to hurt my Mom's feelings, but she doesn't want to spend more time with them than necessary. They are good people, our parents, but my sister has issues.

While we are at Disney, there is going to be someone staying at our house. It's someone who is working with Dan on the projects he's working on. This guy is the expert Goodyear brought in to get them all where they need to be and his contract is up before the projects are finished. The powers that be won't extend his contract and are expecting Dan to take his place!! This guy went to many extra years of college to gain the knowledge and Dan has never been schooled in it before, so he's not a happy camper! Sooo, Dan asked me if I would be willing to host him for two weeks to save $$ on the contract and extend his presence for a bit. We'll only be there a day or two while he's there, so it will work out fine. This may be of no interest to anyone here, it was just on my mind this morning, realizing I have to balance working at the condo and getting ready for a guest and getting ready for Disney. Lists! Must make copious lists!!!::yes::

Has anyone made any plan changes lately? I am thinking of changing mine a bit to include the Frozen fireworks. I don't like the idea of them only being on the weekends so it will be extremely crowded, but I love fireworks and think these will be worth the trouble. What do you all think?:confused3

I'm still looking for BOG ressie for lunch. Hopefully I can score one, but if not, I'll gladly wait in line for my braised pork!!!! Yum!!!

Okay, I need to check a few reports and get some things done!!! Hope you all had a great weekend and will have a wonderful Monday!!:goodvibes

Can you only watch the fireworks and things if you get the package?!?!

I am so confused about the package and what it entails.

I hope you feel better!!!!

Can you only watch the fireworks and things if you get the package?!?! I am so confused about the package and what it entails. I hope you feel better!!!!

No , you just get premium seating- just like with a fast pass. I can picture the CMs telling everyone without a package not to look at the fireworks - LOL

Frozen fireworks, for me, I will see them because I am there and it's not going out of my way, but I wouldn't probably go out of my way or change plans for them. To me it just looks like a regular fireworks show but set to Frozen music?

BUT if you do change plans for them, I am sure it will still be so fun, and a lot of the crowds will probably be trying to do the other Frozen stuff and maybe the other rides will not be so bad? Ya never know!!

Can't wait to see your band! Even if its just glittered up! That's still cute!!!!!!

NOt sure about the Frozen fireworks... I am trying to avoid all things Frozen myself...

I hope everything goes OK with your sister visiting - it's never easy being in the middle. (((hugs)))

I also hope everything goes well with Dan's co-worker and him staying at your house... Yes - lists are a good thing to have, really. I use them all the time - sort of. LOL

I hope you are having a wonderful week Lois. :lovestruc

D~

Can you only watch the fireworks and things if you get the package?!?!

I am so confused about the package and what it entails.

I hope you feel better!!!!

I see Tess already answered this. (Thank you Tess!) The stuff you pay for is the, well here this might help:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/frozen-summer-celebration/

No , you just get premium seating- just like with a fast pass. I can picture the CMs telling everyone without a package not to look at the fireworks - LOL

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Frozen fireworks, for me, I will see them because I am there and it's not going out of my way, but I wouldn't probably go out of my way or change plans for them. To me it just looks like a regular fireworks show but set to Frozen music?

BUT if you do change plans for them, I am sure it will still be so fun, and a lot of the crowds will probably be trying to do the other Frozen stuff and maybe the other rides will not be so bad? Ya never know!!

Can't wait to see your band! Even if its just glittered up! That's still cute!!!!!!

I just realized we'll be there on Sunday and they will be on Sunday as well, so no changing necessary. I just love fireworks. It doesn't really matter the theme. And I'm one of the ones who isn't tired of the Frozen music yet. I don't really care about the other stuff.

NOt sure about the Frozen fireworks... I am trying to avoid all things Frozen myself...

I hope everything goes OK with your sister visiting - it's never easy being in the middle. (((hugs)))

I also hope everything goes well with Dan's co-worker and him staying at your house... Yes - lists are a good thing to have, really. I use them all the time - sort of. LOL

I hope you are having a wonderful week Lois. :lovestruc

D~

Avoiding Frozen isn't a bad thing. As Terri said, everyone else will be there and the rides just may open up in a huge way.

Thanks. I just never know how it's going to go. Hopefully they both will be on their best behavior.

Must. Make. Lists!!! I've been spinning my wheels today and now am finally getting to my list making. I need serious help! Or some ice cream!:rotfl:

Thanks! I think my week will be just great. I often think it is what I make of it. So I think I'll choose fabulous!!!:thumbsup2

***********************************************************************************************************

I jumped on here just to say LOOKEE HERE WHAT CAME FINALLY!!!!!!!

I'll decorate it tomorrow and try to get a photo up too. I have a lot to do tomorrow, so no promises. I'm so excited!!!!

Bonjour Lois, Now for a limited time, you may be able to participate in a test for lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant….

YES. WHY YES I DID GET IN INVITATION!!

I'm bouncing off the walls. :banana:I knew there was a reason I couldn't sleep. I've been up since 2AM and making lists and getting myself all organized. Then before settling in to read my Bible and do my journal, I thought I'd quickly check my email just in case by chance Disney had sent me anything…I was sooo excited to see this. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Dan is up and working from home for a few hours before going in, so I was able to place our order ahead too. We'll be going on our first day there! We had planned to go anyway, but this makes it so much better. We had to take the later window since we don't know how long it will take to get to our resort and then to MK. But that's fine with us. I just had to share this with you all. I won't be on today unless I get a lot more accomplished than I think I'm going to. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!:dance3:

Your creepy dancing dude came back!

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

i think of him more of a MIB stripper??? :rotfl:

This is awesome news all around! i'm so happy for you!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter