Tiffans, Simply incredible.

0FF TO NEVERLAND

DIS Veteran
I have been holding off going to this restaurant for so long but that ended.

Wow, we had an amazing server who was in training, but he was simply incredible, and we felt important like he cared about us

We started with some of the bread service which was delicious.

We both ordered the shrimp and grits and my goodness, this was simply the best dish I have ever had at WDW. The flavoring was perfect. The shrimp perfect. Everything perfect with tons of flavors.

Ended with the lion king desert, which was delicious. The drinks were great. This place shouldn’t be in Animal Kingdom. It feels special. Wish it was in a resort where I can dress up lol

Anyway, at the end of the night I asked the server why he’s training, your perfect I said and explained everything with perfect detail. Explained the carvings in there. Great story

His answer? He’s a returning cast member who wasn’t working cause of Covid. Today was his first day back. He was an original server from when the restaurant opened and debuted in the park. What a story. The best part? When he told us he was so happy to just be “ home “

Highly recommended

Last edited:
I had the shrimp and grits a few days ago too and it was way too salty. Maybe it is hot or miss right now.

missed it on our last trip, but have loved every time we have dined there. Looking forward to this fall when we plan to return.

Thank you for your review! I secured a reservation to Tiffin's for August and happy to read your positive experience. I'm really looking forward to eating there!

One of our favorites

shrimp and grits, very good!

and the fish - don’t let it intimidate you, it’s amazing:

my son had the lamb shank (not on the menu), but didn't let me get a picture of it. It was also very good. And the bread service is great too. It was nice to have a long lunch and cool down from the heat outside, in fact I think there was a storm outside while we ate.

Last edited:

Great to hear it doesn’t disappoint. Tiffins and Nomad Lounge are the best! We love everything about them.

One of the best dishes we ever had anywhere was Tiffins’ Wagyu Striploin and Braised Short Rib. It was serious. Wow.

Love Tiffins! The shrimp and grits are amazing! I washed it down with Disney’s exclusive Kungaloosh Spiced Ale

One of our favorites

shrimp and grits, very good!

View attachment 588084

and the fish - don’t let it intimidate you, it’s amazing:
View attachment 588095

my son had the lamb shank (not on the menu), but didn't let me get a picture of it. It was also very good. And the bread service is great too. It was nice to have a long lunch and cool down from the heat outside, in fact I think there was a storm outside while we ate.

That fish is the most intimidating thing I’ve ever seen

We've never eaten there, but love the adjacent Nomad Lounge. We are planning to try to get an ADR for Tiffins when we are there in December. Thanks for the review! It sounds amazing and something our family would all enjoy.

We love Tiffins too! One time they even gave me a gift for being a returning guest. We have never had a bad meal there.

I had planned on having the Shrimp and Grits when we went in Feb but ended up with the chef's special. We LOVED Tiffins and it is now a must do for us. Sadly, I can't fit Tusker House, Tiffins, and Flame Tree into one day and still have time to do Boma and Sanaa. I swear if I ever buy DVC is is going to be at Animal Kingdom just for the food--well, and the dream of having my morning coffee with a giraffe.

I had planned on having the Shrimp and Grits when we went in Feb but ended up with the chef's special. We LOVED Tiffins and it is now a must do for us. Sadly, I can't fit Tusker House, Tiffins, and Flame Tree into one day and still have time to do Boma and Sanaa. I swear if I ever buy DVC is is going to be at Animal Kingdom just for the food--well, and the dream of having my morning coffee with a giraffe.

we did almost exactly that last year. We bought DVC at Animal Kingdom and one of the main reasons is the restaurants. All are exceptional. We are staying there next month an plan to do two days at Animal Kingdom park. Eating at Saana and Tusker House. Hoping that Boma and/or Jiko will be open as well. SO MUCH FOOD

We’ve eaten there twice…cool atmosphere, always easy to get a reservation, but you have to like exotic flavors. Anyway best macaroons I’ve ever tasted.

I own at AKV and don’t regret it one bit. Arguably the best restaurants on property. And as Pete would say, “it has a friggin’ Savanah!” Sanaa is probably my favorite restaurant at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter