• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We purchased an 8 day ticket and will be unable to use our last day due to changes in our schedule. What are the options for that last day? Can we get a credit on a Gift card to spend in the park or will we just lose the value of the ticket or does it carry over? These tickets were purchased last year prior to COVID outbreak and unfortunately travel arrangements dont let use that last day. Any help appreciated.

We purchased an 8 day ticket and will be unable to use our last day due to changes in our schedule. What are the options for that last day?
1. Can we get a credit on a Gift card to spend in the park
2. or will we just lose the value of the ticket or does it carry over?
3. These tickets were purchased last year prior to COVID outbreak and unfortunately travel arrangements dont let use that last day.
1. "Officially," no.
2. That would normally be the case.
3. THAT might be a situation that would "extenuate" the circumstances for you.
Explain carefully to Disney Guest Relations and "ask nicely."
Have a great trip!

Last edited:
We have a package for our trip May 31-June 7. Our family of 5 all have 6 day park hoppers. Now we've decided that 2 of my kids plus myself are going to stay 1 extra day. I got us a reservation for CSR for our extra night on June 7th, but I want to extend our 3 tickets and make them 7 day park hoppers. I can't seem to figure out how to do this online, do I need to call? If so, what number do I call. TIA!!!

I have 5-day PH that we didn’t use from our canceled 2020 July trip. They were bought before the 4+2 deal. Can I add 1 day free to make a 6-day ticket using the deal? Our trip is this July.

I have 5-day PH that we didn’t use from our canceled 2020 July trip. They were bought before the 4+2 deal. Can I add 1 day free to make a 6-day ticket using the deal? Our trip is this July.
You can ask, but that's not how ticket upgrades generally work.

@leebee You can ask, just know all of that would be outside of the normal procedure so the answer may be no. I’d be prepared to save the 2-day ticket credit for another longer visit and just buy new for 4/11 unless you’d like to do 2 days in the parks next month. Also be sure to check park availability before purchasing tickets because some parks may already be “sold out” for that day.

To follow up... Disney pretty much made the decision for me, as it is absolutely impossible to get through on the phone to a living, breathing, talking person. I tried 5 or 6 times to get through and gave up after an hour of being on hold each time. I talked to DH and we decided to leave our credit money "on hold" and buy the one day tickets we need. I am not sure I 100% trust that the money will be there when we finally decide to do another park trip, but I'll just cross my fingers and hope for some Pixie Dust in the future!

would Disney let me use park hoppers I have to put towards the cost of an AP renewal?

Never-used "regular" tickets?
Yes.
yes, they were for my son and his wife for last summer. I reassigned them to my husband and myself. haha :cool1: ;)

I'm guessing I would need to call? Doesn't look like there would be a way to do it online.

well unfortunately the first number I called thought it could not be done. She tried transfer me in to a different group but couldn’t. She said the hold time was 70 minutes. I guess I‘ll try again tomorrow earlier...

yes, they were for my son and his wife for last summer. I reassigned them to my husband and myself. haha :cool1: ;)

I'm guessing I would need to call? Doesn't look like there would be a way to do it online.
APs aren't currently available unless you had one that was impacted by the closure last year. Normally unused tickets (or current-use) can be applied towards an upgrade. You can certainly ask now but don't be surprised if they refuse. I'd wait and ask at the time of your trip -- or before if APs become available sooner.

APs aren't currently available unless you had one that was impacted by the closure last year. Normally unused tickets (or current-use) can be applied towards an upgrade. You can certainly ask now but don't be surprised if they refuse. I'd wait and ask at the time of your trip -- or before if APs become available sooner.

it’s my renewal which I have until April 20th to do something before it expires permanently

I tried this number 407-566-4985, I found it on Mousesavers. There’s probably a better number. ;) I don’t think she was very knowledgeable.

So I just talked to the Passholder line and she said she would have to transfer me to ticket sales. The wait was 105 minutes but she said to call back at 7am and it shouldn’t be bad then. I guess I’m calling tomorrow!

I am in the same scenario except November 1st. Does it make sense for folks to wait to see if WDW has a deal? The current 4+2 deal ends near the end of September. If we buy now and a ticket deal comes out, we can't get additional monies.

I am in the same scenario except November 1st. Does it make sense for folks to wait to see if WDW has a deal? The current 4+2 deal ends near the end of September. If we buy now and a ticket deal comes out, we can't get additional monies.
True but will they need to offer ticket discounts if the 50th Anni and pent up demand brings in the crowds. Or at some point they could raise ticket prices making it more expensive to bridge the gap between costs.

And hard to say when parks like HS will fill reservations... less than 1 month out or many? Will depend on capacity increases and attendance. Keep an eye on that situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter