• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HI all... we received 4 complimentary park hopper passes - but they are "adult" tickets - meaning ages 10+. Would I be able to use two of these for my children ages 9 and 4?

HI all... we received 4 complimentary park hopper passes - but they are "adult" tickets - meaning ages 10+. Would I be able to use two of these for my children ages 9 and 4?
I’ve not heard of any restriction for use by children of these comp tickets.
You should be fine.

If you can pull up the correct info on your MDX, can you do the upgrade VIA your MDX yourself?
Otherwise...
Go to a Guest Relations CM.
If you can pull up the correct info on your MDX, show the CM.
If at first the CM seems lost, nicely decline and go elsewhere.
It's just a matter of finding a competent CM.
Upgrading in the app cannot get me the memory maker credit; otherwise it’s a lot easier. So will keep seeking a competent CM.

Upgrading in the app cannot get me the memory maker credit; otherwise it’s a lot easier. So will keep seeking a competent CM.

I mentioned this situation in another thread on the Theme Parks forum HERE
and got a response that MIGHT help you.

I have copied the discussion below:

@Robo said:
I have an ongoing situation in the Tickets Sticky with a Diser right now who is currently trying to upgrade current WDW resort package tickets (10-day Hoppers) to AP.
The option does appear in MDX.

But, the problem is...
the guest ALSO wants to get a refund for purchased Memory Maker (as it is, of course, included in with the new AP.)
THAT part of the deal needs to be handled by a live CM (as far as I can tell.)

But, the REAL dilemma is that, even though the CORRECT "price bridged" upgrade price appears in MDX,
the guest has gone to multiple ticket CMs who have flatly told the guest that the value for
the package tickets is about $100 less than the "bridged" price
(for which we -and MDX- knows that the bridged price is the correct price.)

I've advised to keep seeking a trained CM and to show that CM the upgrade price in MDX.

@bryanb said:
Interesting. Although I didn't need a memory maker refund, I wanted a Premier Passport (which also has to be done in person). I had challenges with three different cast members giving me a value lower than even what I paid Undercover Tourist, and insisting there was no way to adjust it. When I finally showed the last CM the value from MDX. She was baffled and showed it to her supervisor, who also had no idea. Finally, she advised me to purchase the AP in the app -- and she would then immediately refund the full value to me and apply the credit toward the Premier Passport. Not sure if that's helpful with how they could deal with Memory Maker.

It seems that there are fewer trained CMs handling this than there used to be, based on these anecdotal experiences.

I have a question about purchasing the FL resident tickets (4 day) and booking fast pass. It says I can purchase them online and pick up will call. Does that mean I cannot book fast pass until I pick them up? Or do they show as purchased under our account through the web/app? My husband is gifting them to me and the kids so I’m not sure what the best way to do this is since I need a FL license in order to use them.

I guess my question is how does it work when you pre purchase tickets through the website when you’re a FL resident.

Last edited:
I booked park hopper (not plus) during free dining promotion period in April. Don’t remember the price of ticket exactly; should be around $550. I have been to two ticket booths in MK and HWS, and both gave me the same eatimate of my ticket, and quoted about $480 upgrade price. I also have memory maker, but they dodn’t even mention it. Asked about ticket price bridging but they had no idea. Both time they said my ticket was issued by Disney Travel Company and it allocated a lower price to my ticket due to the package promotion.

Nope, it has nothing to with Disney Travel Company lowering the price due to the promotion.

This exact situation happened to us last year during FD. Except our 9 day tickets were undervalued in the GR system by $140 each. And they were adamant about it. At the time we only needed to bridge 1 of 4 tickets to AP, so they graciously “comped” the difference. That’s all they could do is comp. However, we had 3 more sitting in MDE with incorrect values, so I needed a fixer.

First, I called WDTC. The CM could see the package, and we went over the pricing together (even though package prices aren’t itemized, it’s pretty simple to figure out when subtracting room rates/DDP upgrades). The tickets should’ve been close to $500, not $360, but there was nothing they could do since the package transferred onsite. She advised me to email guest.services@disneyworld.com. She made notes in my file, and I took her name and used it in my email.

Thankfully Guest Experience Services investigated and sent me a Case File ID Number with notes stating the tickets would be honored at the current gate price. They didn’t explain exactly what happened, but apologized for the confusion, so it had to be some kind of system error between WDTC and WDW.

ETA: not saying you need to go my route and email, but you do need to find a competent CM in GR to handle this for you. If you are able, call WDTC; ask to speak to Reservations GS; and ask to go over the package breakdown and make notes for you. Then go to GR and ask them to pull up those notes.

Last edited:

I have a question about purchasing the FL resident tickets (4 day) and booking fast pass. 1. It says I can purchase them online and pick up will call.
2. Does that mean I cannot book fast pass until I pick them up?
3. Or do they show as purchased under our account through the web/app?
4. My husband is gifting them to me and the kids so I’m not sure what the best way to do this is since I need a FL license in order to use them.

5. I guess my question is how does it work when you pre purchase tickets through the website when you’re a FL resident.

1. That's normal for ALL tickets.
2. No.
3. Yes. Order through a MyDisneyExperience account and they will "show" nearly immediately.
4. If YOU are not a FL resident, you cannot use a FL resident ticket.
If you ARE a FL resident, there are a multitude of specific kinds of "ID" you can use
(in conjunction with any legal photo ID.)

5. It does not work differently than for any guest.
The real difference is when you are ready to USE the tickets.

Has anyone recently upgraded their 14 or 21 day UK ticket to an annual pass? There doesn't appear to be a clear answer as to the cost and the few people I know that have done it says that it 'all depends on the cast member'.

When I read through the 2018 costs on this post the UK ticket wasn't included or given a dollar value...? Any guidance or rough estimate you could provide would be really helpful! Thanks!

Thanks for the help! It’s complicated because he has been living and working in AL and has AL license but kids and I are still in FL so he will have to pay full price for his ticket.

1. That's normal for ALL tickets.
2. No.
3. Yes. Order through a MyDisneyExperience account and they will "show" nearly immediately.
4. If YOU are not a FL resident, you cannot use a FL resident ticket.
If you ARE a FL resident, there are a multitude of specific kinds of "ID" you can use
(in conjunction with any legal photo ID.)

5. It does not work differently than for any guest.
The real difference is when you are ready to USE the tickets.

Thanks for the help! It’s complicated because he has been living and working in AL and has AL license but kids and I are still in FL so he will have to pay full price for his ticket.

Does he stay at your address when he is in Florida?
Are any of the principle utilities billed to his name at a Florida address?

Has anyone recently upgraded their 14 or 21 day UK ticket to an annual pass? There doesn't appear to be a clear answer as to the cost and the few people I know that have done it says that it 'all depends on the cast member'.

When I read through the 2018 costs on this post the UK ticket wasn't included or given a dollar value...? Any guidance or rough estimate you could provide would be really helpful! Thanks!

Go to disneyholidays.co.uk on the web and scroll down to find the page with ticket prices
for UK guests. (The site is difficult to navigate if you are not on line in the UK.)

Then, after you have arrived at WDW, you can upgrade these tickets at the value of the price you paid
(SUBJECT TO THE DAILY EXCHANGE RATE for US dollars at that time.)

Last edited:
Yes there are some bills and he does come on weekends and any other times he’s not working.
Check the Disney FL resident ticket web page for the items that are accepted as proof of residency and bring them. Sounds like he’ll be just fine.

Is there a subforum on the DIS that has discussion for Annual Passholders? I have pretty much decided to get one for my trip this fall (upgrading three existing 5-day non-hopper ticket -- which I've found information on this forum on how to do - Thank you), but just curious to find a place to ask questions about the perks and such.

Is there a subforum on the DIS that has discussion for Annual Passholders? I have pretty much decided to get one for my trip this fall (upgrading three existing 5-day non-hopper ticket -- which I've found information on this forum on how to do - Thank you), but just curious to find a place to ask questions about the perks and such.
You can ask about APs on the main Theme Parks board, if you like. Plenty of AP holders on this forum.

Hi! I have a situation where 6 of us are supposed to go to WDW in October/November. My fp selections come up in 9 days and I plan to go ahead and reserve fps. There is a possibility that 4 people will not be able to go. If this happens, I can drop the fps for the 4 and the tickets will be good next time they are able to go? They will not be part of a room/ticket package. Thanks!
Also, I realize MNSSHP tickets are not refundable. Is there anything I can do with them in the event the others can't go? 2 of us are definitely going.

Nope, it has nothing to with Disney Travel Company lowering the price due to the promotion.

This exact situation happened to us last year during FD. Except our 9 day tickets were undervalued in the GR system by $140 each. And they were adamant about it. At the time we only needed to bridge 1 of 4 tickets to AP, so they graciously “comped” the difference. That’s all they could do is comp. However, we had 3 more sitting in MDE with incorrect values, so I needed a fixer.

First, I called WDTC. The CM could see the package, and we went over the pricing together (even though package prices aren’t itemized, it’s pretty simple to figure out when subtracting room rates/DDP upgrades). The tickets should’ve been close to $500, not $360, but there was nothing they could do since the package transferred onsite. She advised me to email guest.services@disneyworld.com. She made notes in my file, and I took her name and used it in my email.

Thankfully Guest Experience Services investigated and sent me a Case File ID Number with notes stating the tickets would be honored at the current gate price. They didn’t explain exactly what happened, but apologized for the confusion, so it had to be some kind of system error between WDTC and WDW.

ETA: not saying you need to go my route and email, but you do need to find a competent CM in GR to handle this for you. If you are able, call WDTC; ask to speak to Reservations GS; and ask to go over the package breakdown and make notes for you. Then go to GR and ask them to pull up those notes.
Thanks for all the help. Finally found a competent CM who applied correct price and memory maker to upgrade to annual pass.

Hi! I have a situation where 6 of us are supposed to go to WDW in October/November. My fp selections come up in 9 days and I plan to go ahead and reserve fps. There is a possibility that 4 people will not be able to go. If this happens, 1. I can drop the fps for the 4 and the tickets will be good next time they are able to go? They will not be part of a room/ticket package. Thanks!
Also, I realize MNSSHP tickets are not refundable.
2. Is there anything I can do with them in the event the others can't go? 2 of us are definitely going.
1. Yes.
2. You can sell them.
(If you know the person to whom you are selling, you won’t have to “prove” the vilidity of the tickets.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter