I’m confused about one day tickets. We are going to Orlando in Novemeber and will only be going to AK for one day. I will be buying a one day value ticket (I understand I may need to upgrade if that day changes) but how/when can I book fastpasses? Is it 30 days from the day of purchase? How does MDE know when I intend to use them?

Simply put...
You can book FP+ as early as 30 days before the day you are going to USE the ticket.

You will be able to book FPs when you're 30 days out from the day you plan to go to AK - it has nothing to do with when you purchase the ticket. MDE doesn't know (and doesn't care) when you intend to use them - once you buy them, you can book FPs for any day that's within 30 of the current date. So for instance, if you were to buy tickets today, you could book FPs for any date between today and March 29.

Thanks!

Hi! My dad passed away this past summer and while looking through some papers we found some non expire park hopper passes from 2001. He had a ticket with two days left. Anyway we could transfer that to someone else? This was before the finger print scanning started. Just want to know if this is possible when someone has died. Thanks!!

Hi! My dad passed away this past summer and while looking through some papers we found some non expire park hopper passes from 2001. He had a ticket with two days left. Anyway we could transfer that to someone else? This was before the finger print scanning started. Just want to know if this is possible when someone has died. Thanks!!

Sorry for the loss of your dad.

As to the ticket, just go ahead and have someone else use it at WDW.
A new finger-scan will automatically be taken for the new guest the first time the old ticket is used at a park gate.

Do all members of the family need to be present when trying to do an upgrade at GS? Can I just take everyone's magic band to the GS or does the entire party need to be present?

Do all members of the family need to be present when trying to do an upgrade at GS? Can I just take everyone's magic band to the GS or does the entire party need to be present?

If it's for an AP, (and, likely for Florida resident tickets) all guests 18 yrs and older must be present.
Otherwise, for regular tickets, just one person needs to be at Guest Relations or the ticket booth.

Last edited:

With the new AP activation procedure how does that work with the AP card? Do you get the AP card when you activate the pass? If so, if the countdown clock doesn't start until you go through a gate won't the card have the wrong expiration date? :confused:

With the new AP activation procedure how does that work with the AP card?

1. Do you get the AP card when you activate the pass?
2. If so, if the countdown clock doesn't start until you go through a gate won't the card have the wrong expiration date?
1. Yes.
2. It does, if the card contains a date. (They might not print the date on the card, anymore.)
The accurate AP info will then be listed in the guest's MDX account.

That means:
There are currently three different ticket upgrade scenarios:

Ticket bought from an Authorized Reseller/Discounter
Ticket bought as part of a WDW Resort Package:
Ticket bought at a Disney Store:

Sorry, I'm still confused by this. Hoping for some clarification:

In November 2017, I bought 3 "6-Day Park Hopper plus an Additional Day Free" (so, 7-day park hoppers) tickets from an authorized disney ticket reseller. 2 of the 3 were adult at $466.95 each, and the child ticket was $446.95. These pri es included tax.

I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost me to upgrade to a non FL resident, non DVC discounted AP.

I'm confused about the following:

1- I have to wait until we arrive at Disney and use the tickets at least one time to "lock" the bridge pricing?

2- then, I go to guest services and explain I'd like to upgrade to APs... got that, but I don't exactly understand which ticket price I'm bridged to? This is the biggest confusion to me and I don't want to go in with me being confused and possibly over-charged.

3- AP perks of discounts and memory maker would then be added immediately upon upgrade? If I bought MM beforehand, can I ask them to apply that price towards my AP upgrade, or get refunded if it's included as a regular benefit?

4- TIWL... what's the turn around time on this? I'm assuming it's more than 1 day?

5- Can I use my Disney Rewards card to pay for the upgrade? Not the disney visa, but the rewards card affiliated with it.

Sorry, I'm still confused by this. Hoping for some clarification:

In November 2017, I bought 3 "6-Day Park Hopper plus an Additional Day Free" (so, 7-day park hoppers) tickets from an authorized disney ticket reseller. 2 of the 3 were adult at $466.95 each, and the child ticket was $446.95. These pri es included tax.

I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost me to upgrade to a non FL resident, non DVC discounted AP.

I'm confused about the following:

1- I have to wait until we arrive at Disney and use the tickets at least one time to "lock" the bridge pricing?
2a- then, I go to guest services and explain I'd like to upgrade to APs... got that, but
2b- I don't exactly understand which ticket price I'm bridged to? This is the biggest confusion to me and I don't want to go in with me being confused and possibly over-charged.
3a- AP perks of discounts and memory maker would then be added immediately upon upgrade? 3b- If I bought MM beforehand, can I ask them to apply that price towards my AP upgrade, or get refunded if it's included as a regular benefit?

4- TIWL... what's the turn around time on this? I'm assuming it's more than 1 day?

5- Can I use my Disney Rewards card to pay for the upgrade? Not the disney visa, but the rewards card affiliated with it.

1- No, you do not need to use the tickets to enter a park before upgrading.
(You CAN, but it won't affect the upgrade cost, one way or the other.)
2a- You can go to any Guest Relations or ticket booth at WDW.
Knowing which cost to expect is a good plan.
3a- Yes.
3b- Yes, you should ask nicely for a refund of MM (or for the MM price you paid to be applied to your upgrade transaction.)
4- It should happen within the time you are at the upgrade location.
It is possible that you would get a refund in the form of a Disney Gift Card, immediately.
5- I don't know exactly what that is, but...if (IF) the card can be used for payment of any kind at WDW, then you can use it.

2b- Your ticket was created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018 (a "2017 ticket") so...

Find the full Disney 2017 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2017 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2017 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

See post #3697 below for the math equation.

Last edited:
In November 2017, I bought 3 "6-Day Park Hopper plus an Additional Day Free" (so, 7-day park hoppers) tickets from an authorized disney ticket reseller. 2 of the 3 were adult at $466.95 each, and the child ticket was $446.95. These prices included tax.

Your ticket was created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018 (a "2017 ticket") so...

Find the full Disney 2017 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2017 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2017 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.

$904.19 WDW Platinum AP (Current)
-516.53 7-day PH (2017)
=387.66 Price to upgrade

(all prices include tax)

Your ticket was created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018 (a "2017 ticket") so...

$904.19 WDW Platinum AP (Current)
-516.53 7-day PH (2017)
=387.66 Price to upgrade

(all prices include tax)
Gotcha makes sense now. So, if I'm right that'd be $1,184.28 to upgrade all 3 tickets (also accounting for additional change in price for the one child ticket upgraded to AP, with no distinction of adult vs child price.)

Thanks so much for your help!

I know someone can probably answer this quickly. I couldn't find a quick answer and I'm ready to purchase passes now so I can book FP+ in a few days. If I purchase 7 day hoppers from an authorized vendor and then later want to add water parks to the pass after we arrive, what will the additional cost be? I'm trying to decide if it's better to just purchase passes including water parks now or if I should use the DVC discount ($45 + tax) if we decide to only go a day or two. Thanks everyone!

I know someone can probably answer this quickly. I couldn't find a quick answer and I'm ready to purchase passes now so I can book FP+ in a few days. If I purchase 7 day hoppers from an authorized vendor and then later want to add water parks to the pass after we arrive, what will the additional cost be? I'm trying to decide if it's better to just purchase passes including water parks now or if I should use the DVC discount ($45 + tax) if we decide to only go a day or two. Thanks everyone!
If you buy CURRENT tickets from a discounter, the cost will be $26.63 per ticket to add the “Plus” option.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter