Ticket Price Hikes?

BeckWhy

<font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain
When are these tickets supposed to go up? I just checked, and they are still the same price? I'm a bit confused.

Originally posted by BeckWhy
When are these tickets supposed to go up? I just checked, and they are still the same price? I'm a bit confused.

Look at another thread for this discussion, but it is Sunday.

It was supposed to be yesterday (3/28) and that was in the stores. Perhaps they are trying to make it more appealing to order from the online site instead.

They went up this past Sunday but not everything went up. What tickets are you looking for and what site are you checking?

The Disney site has had the new prices (quoted WITHOUT tax) posted on their site since early Sunday morning.

I just went online and I will be paying $42.60 more for 3 Adult & 1 Child 4 day Park Hopper tickets. I probably should have went on and ordered them earlier but I guess it's not that bad of a rate hike. But when you're pinching pennies now to afford the vacation.......Oh well!

I missed out on my boys parkhoppers cause I didn't buy them soon enough, but the increase was only about $8 each. Waiting until the next credit card cycle to purchase them was more important!!

I did buy mine and hubby's APs a couple of weeks ago, so we got the savings there.

Carol

After reading here that the prices were going up Sunday (I read it Saturday night late), I called my local AAA office this morning and they hadn't gotten the notice yet of price changes. Almost immediately, I called DH and we went down & bought 5 adult 4day PH's and 1 child's 4day PH. I was thrilled to get them at the old price :bounce: Thanks everyone for letting me know about the price change. These boards are the greatest.:wave2:

As of this morning (Monday) AAA still hadn't raised their prices. They were lower than the on-line prices anyway but now, while AAA is charging their old AAA prices and Disney is charging their NEW Disney prices, AAA is really a price saver......$25 lower per ticket for ours. That's $100 savings for 4 people......MORE than enough to pay for the AAA membership.

:sunny:

Ticketmania has the new prices on their site. I was checking over the weekend and today. I ended up ordering from PI--they still had the old prices on their site.

I never buy my tix before I go, but I did this time. Looks like that was a good move!

Where is the option to purchase the FITS passes on the PI website? I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong place!
Thanks,
Becky

Its not listed you have to call to order them. I paid $311 for the adult and $252 for the childs pass. They email you a cc auth form you sign it and fax it back then they ship the tickets UPS--which I like so I can track it.

Do these FITS tickets expire on May 31 like the ones on Ticketmania do. I have been holding out to try and purchase these for our summer trip. Now, I have missed out on getting tickets before the price increase if they don't come out with these tickets for the summer.

Thanks,

Pam

Yes AP went up about 10.00.

Paramount International travel still has a good price through today.They will increse threir prices tomorrow.
We ordered 3 4 day PHP passes with shipping and all it was 666.00.

Yes they do expire may 31, 2004--you must activate your voucher by then. If your not going til after that then you need to wait. We are going May 29 so we will activate ours May 30 and it will be good for 30 days after that.

Originally posted by luvindisneyworld
We ordered 3 4 day PHP passes with shipping and all it was 666.00.

That comes down to $222/ticket. I just checked www.disneyworld.com and they're only charging $215 for an adult, 4-day Park Hopper Ticket (and that's including tax).......and that's the new, increased price. For 3 of them, that would be $645. That leaves $21 for shipping (to get it up to $666). I wouldn't think Disney would charge that much to mail you 3 tickets (maybe I'm wrong with that).

Unless I'm missing something here, I'm not seeing how Paramount International is such a deal......especially if they're gunna raise those prices tomorrow. Ouch!

"Caveat Emptor"

:sunny:

Originally posted by Parrothd
That comes down to $222/ticket. I just checked www.disneyworld.com and they're only charging $215 for an adult, 4-day Park Hopper Ticket (and that's including tax).......and that's the new, increased price. For 3 of them, that would be $645. That leaves $21 for shipping (to get it up to $666). I wouldn't think Disney would charge that much to mail you 3 tickets (maybe I'm wrong with that).

Unless I'm missing something here, I'm not seeing how Paramount International is such a deal......especially if they're gunna raise those prices tomorrow. Ouch!

"Caveat Emptor"

What you are missing is that luvindisneyworld bought 4 day PHPs, not 4 day PHs. Disney does not sell the 4 day PHPs on their web site. The price from PIT was $217 per ticket and a $15 shipping charge. So they got three plus options (one on each ticket) for $6 more than DIsney would have charged for the plain PHs. Pretty good shopping IMHO. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter