• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket discount for AP Holders?

ScrapAng

Earning My Ears
This is my first time trying this- hopefully I'm doing it right!

I'm trying to plan a trip for January as cheaply as possibly, since we really shouldn't be going at all! I've seen the All Stars rate of $59, and could possibly get the AP rate of $49, which would only be a $70 savings on 8 days/7 nights. We planned on getting 6 day park hopper passes; if I buy 1 AP it looks to be about $70 more, therefore I would be breaking even. But, I thought I saw somewhere AP holders can buy add'l tickets at a discount. I can also by a DC membership through our local Farm Bureau for $30 and it looks like I could get 5% off all the passes. I hope that makes sense. I'm really trying to scrape this together, if everything will fit (airfare, etc.). My daughter is 5 1/2 and I think the perfect age for it to all seem real still! We last took her at 2 1/2. Also have a 2 1/2 year old son, so we might as well do it before he turns 3 and costs! Thanks in advance!

An AP will NOT get you any discount for other or additional tickets. (Last year, there was a special promotion for existing AP passholders that allowed them to buy APs at a 10% discount for gifts. The offer was not repeated this year and that is the only promotion I recall that had anything to do with using an AP for discounts on other tickets). Also, as far as I know, Disney hasn't released any AP room discounts for January, 2002. Personally, I don't think there are going to be any.

IMHO, an AP will not be a good value for your family unless you really plan to be in the parks 8 days or more (every day of your stay). Keep in mind that an AP does not give you admission to any of the waterparks or to Pleasure Island (but maybe with your young children and the January temperatures, that doesn't matter).

I'd suggest you get the DC card and then buy 6 or 7 day hopper plus tickets. The DC card will save you more than the cost of the card just in ticket expenditures alone, and you'll be able to go to a waterpark if you so desire. Unused days and plus options never expire. Here's a link that lists some of the other discounts for the DC card:

http://wdwig.com/discounts.htm

There are many things to do besides go to the parks. If money is a concern, consider buying the 5 day hopper tickets (no plus options) and then set aside the remaining days of your visit to do something else - swim at the resort, visit DD and/or the BW, minigolf, resort hop, visit Ft Wilderness and go to the petting zoo & nightly campfire with Chip & Dale, arrange a special character meal at one of the resorts, etc.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful trip!

i would check out www.mousesavers.com
for room rates and other stuff as well
and welecome to the board....:bounce:
need more info ??

try AAA we got passes from them even though we where not members...
or there r someplaces on the web that other people have got them from ..... look at connections programs
at the link provided they offer 10 % discount on passes
u will find that in fo at mouse savers.com
good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter