Ticket and Magic Key Price Increases plus Magic Key Extras Announcements

Universal California is a 1 day park maximum. Good luck.
I mean, when I go to Disneyland or USH its only for a few hours not all day

Also while USH for sure has wayyyy less to do it also has off season times and even on busy days if you go to a ride right before it closes many times its a walk on but at Disneyland not so much

Disneyland for sure is better but the best AP at Universal comes with a free ticket to HHN and the New Years event, you get AP park take over events (free) and its 1/3 the cost of Disneyland AP.

I would just say if you want to go to USH 4-5 times a year go during Grinchmas (which that is a full day of things to do with all the extra shows) and then upgrade to an AP and come back when you can and have fun because many mornings you can rope drop the mummy or potter rides and literally just keep walking on them the first hour until it gets busier

I didn't realize that you got a free Halloween party ticket, and the other specials. Yes, the AP is worth it at Universal if you're going for those special events.
I also forgot to mention the highest AP also comes with one express ticket for all shows/rides after 3 PM every day

So anyone looking for an alt park to Disneyland USH has some great E tickets and shows and Knotts is also good in its own way

Disneyland is king but for those who can no longer have a MK, there are thankfully many great smaller parks in CA.

(also shout out to sea World, they have like 6+ in park free events through out the year with lots of great live entertainment not even talking animals, like shows with music and what not. Along with Sea World now having a few fun coasters)

I'm used to the yearly price increase and shouldn't be surprised that a 1 day ticket has gone over $200, but yikes. $206!
Luckily that's only tier 6 days, but still.

Meh, our three Inspire keys will cost us $300 extra this year, or $25 more per month total. We probably used each pass +/- 20 times last year, so I'm not going to stress the extra $5 each per visit.

What is interesting is this Tier 6 is $206...crossing the $200 threshold and that does not include park hopper which is $75 more for a total of $281!
Presumably, the $206 days will coincide with all three of the lowest MK's being blocked. Those $206 days will probably be the absolute best days to be in the parks for those of us with eligible multiday tickets or the highest level pass.

Everyone has their own priorities. My Inspire MK includes park hopper admission 350 days/year and free parking. It costs me less than two nights in a standard room at the GCH.
I do not have a MK but if lived in CA, I would. I am in NY and I am not too upset about the ticket increases. I will get a sale at GCH for my trips in 2025. I am spending money on airfare to LAX from JFK plus walt Disney Travel Co package with GCH and 5 day hopper plus I buy another 4 day ph for my 9 day trip. It is what it is.

Haven't been since Oct 2022, which was for us in forever. And I have no trips planned which is even crazier. I was thinking about two days in March during my kid's Spring break. But now? This makes me upset all over again. It's not just the ticket increase - I understand those happen. It's the extra $160/day (family of 5) to really do DL the right way - with FastPass. I'm pretty good at keeping my anger down, but this...

I love DL. I miss it. I'm just really frustrated today.
Honestly, same. We've been going to Disneyland since I was two years old. I loved Disneyland, would spend tons of time planning and reading up on all of the latest news. We started going 4+ times per year, and we live more than 2 hours away by plane so that took a lot of planning and $$$. We have no current plans to go back at this point - the first time in my life.

This last trip was just not the same. We had fun, sure, but it just felt different. We've dealt with large crowds just fine (going during UEA and NYE) and didn't feel this way so it wasn't that. I was always ready for another trip. Oogie Boogie Bash, Christmas, birthdays. I am making more money than I did previously, so the cost isn't necessarily prohibitive upon us going.

But, it just isn't the same place anymore. Almost no live entertainment besides nighttime shows, limited or no parades, they decimated the food at Rancho del Zocalo (my favorite restaurant at the resort) and any rides you want to go on within a reasonable timeframe require Genie+ ($$). And even with that you still need to pay $20-ish/pp to get on two rides in the resort (yes, you can wait - but 60+ minutes is not worth it). I'm not paying $80 for a 4-minute ride for us, even if it is my favorite.

While this isn't an unexpected increase, it is just another thing to pile on.

I hope people who do want to go enjoy it, but for now and the foreseeable future that isn't us. We'll focus on the Disney cruises to get our Disney fix.

Well, I gotta say I'm glad that I just renewed my MK 2 weeks ago, haha. We're eligible for Salute tickets, and that may be what I start using next year instead of renewing. Thankfully, I have 11 months to decide!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest