Tiana's Bayou Adventure Opening Day

Just a heads up...I know I'm going but man the ride broke down over 3 times yesterday

I just hope they have the things worked out in two weeks...but this reminds me of ML and that ride STILL has issues months later

I really....really dont understand why they redid this ride and can't get it to work...just blows my mind. Its a LOG ride unless Disney cares about AA's not working. I just don't get why its breaking down so much

Just a heads up...I know I'm going but man the ride broke down over 3 times yesterday

I just hope they have the things worked out in two weeks...but this reminds me of ML and that ride STILL has issues months later

I really....really dont understand why they redid this ride and can't get it to work...just blows my mind. Its a LOG ride unless Disney cares about AA's not working. I just don't get why its breaking down so much
It's still previews with over 3 weeks to go before it officially opens. This is when additional testing happens and glitches get sorted out. Plus just because it was down doesn't mean it broke down. We have no idea what they may be checking and what is avoidable vs non-avoidable. I just think it seems premature to describe the attraction as not working or get upset about it.

It's still previews with over 3 weeks to go before it officially opens. This is when additional testing happens and glitches get sorted out. Plus just because it was down doesn't mean it broke down. We have no idea what they may be checking and what is avoidable vs non-avoidable. I just think it seems premature to describe the attraction as not working or get upset about it.
I'm preparing because like i said MK was having issues as well

So giving people a heads up, also we have ton of people seeing rides go down more now then ever before so its not like this is a new trend

I shadow joined the Queue to see if my fingers are fast enough. I was able to see the option to join after refreshing, but it was greyed out because I don't have a reservation.
Just preparing myself for next week.

'As far as the 'break downs' it seems people were mentioning after the drop, the turn; the log gets stuck. I didn't ride splash a whole lot, but I can kind of recall the spot.

I shadow joined the Queue to see if my fingers are fast enough. I was able to see the option to join after refreshing, but it was greyed out because I don't have a reservation.
Just preparing myself for next week.

'As far as the 'break downs' it seems people were mentioning after the drop, the turn; the log gets stuck. I didn't ride splash a whole lot, but I can kind of recall the spot.
Interesting because I hear people are getting soaked...so maybe just that area is having a issue with water

BOO!!! I was hoping that it no longer being "Splash" mountain, they would tone down the getting wet factor. Guess I'll need to go get a couple cheap poncho's from Walmart.
Yeah, funny enough attractions like this normally have winter and summer mode

Jurassic World at USH normally gets you way more wet in the summer then now

Before they took it down, Splash had undergone some changes that really amped up how wet you got. It wasn't just a splash or water cannons to the face - it was boats taking on water, pooling in the bottom, soaking through your shoes and pants! This was endemic to the Disneyland version only, as the WDW version has a different seating configuration with larger boats. Anyway, that was a known issue that was talked about a lot on here. If they didn't change the boats and didn't change the mechanics of the ride at all, then that may still be happening.

Last edited:
Before they took it down, Splash had undergone some changes that really amped up how wet you got. It wasn't just a splash or water cannons to the face - it was boats taking on water, pooling in the bottom, soaking through your shoes and pants! This was endemic to the Disneyland version only, as the WDW version has a different seating configuration with larger boats. Anyway, that was a known issue that was talked about a lot on here. If they didn't change the boats and didn't change the mechanics of the ride at all, then that may still be happening.
Based on what I've read. They did not change it.

Based on what I've read. They did not change it.

Right, so it may continue to be an issue. I think it somehow started when they either replaced the boats or did something to them. I recall that happening on POTC at WDW once - they were just slightly "off" somehow. It wasn't as extreme on POTC, but that's a ride were you don't really expect to get wet at all. Their solution to that was to post signs that this was a "You May Get Wet" ride, but I think they eventually just fixed that. Splash was always a "wet ride" so it makes more sense, but not that extreme. Me and a buddy of mine called it "Soak Mountian" after one particularly bad ride on it.

Hey Folks!
I’m heading out to a Teacher’s Convention the first week of November, and after losing both parents in the last five years, I’ll also be visiting L.A. (where they met and fell in Love in the 60s!) and Disneyland (where they brought me in 1982 as a 5 year old!!)

Anywho, I’ll be at the Parks November 4&5 to Celebrate their Lives and I’d really really really like to ride Tiana’s! (We’re the Nashes and always called it Nash Mountain when we visited WDW) I had been hoping for a D23 Event similar to Tron in Florida but no such luck :(

My question, after all of that is this: do CM get +1s at DL? Is there ever Pixie Dusting that happens at events like this? Is there ANY way to get on this ride without Magic Keys?!? I just feel like it’s meant to be and I’m hoping by putting it out there to the Universe that my Dream Comes True somehow… Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?!?

Either way, I’ll be breathing it all in those days in my first visit to Disneyland since I was a little kid. I still remember my white knuckles on Pirates and the moment we splashed down inside and saw the Pirate Ships, I still remember the Character Meet and Greets and the Parades, and I still remember holding my Mom and Dad’s hands swinging through the Park. I’m feeling so Blessed to be able to go back to the Most Magical Place on Earth.

Thanks all!!

Hey Folks!
I’m heading out to a Teacher’s Convention the first week of November, and after losing both parents in the last five years, I’ll also be visiting L.A. (where they met and fell in Love in the 60s!) and Disneyland (where they brought me in 1982 as a 5 year old!!)

Anywho, I’ll be at the Parks November 4&5 to Celebrate their Lives and I’d really really really like to ride Tiana’s! (We’re the Nashes and always called it Nash Mountain when we visited WDW) I had been hoping for a D23 Event similar to Tron in Florida but no such luck :(

My question, after all of that is this: do CM get +1s at DL? Is there ever Pixie Dusting that happens at events like this? Is there ANY way to get on this ride without Magic Keys?!? I just feel like it’s meant to be and I’m hoping by putting it out there to the Universe that my Dream Comes True somehow… Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?!?

Either way, I’ll be breathing it all in those days in my first visit to Disneyland since I was a little kid. I still remember my white knuckles on Pirates and the moment we splashed down inside and saw the Pirate Ships, I still remember the Character Meet and Greets and the Parades, and I still remember holding my Mom and Dad’s hands swinging through the Park. I’m feeling so Blessed to be able to go back to the Most Magical Place on Earth.

Thanks all!!
CMs had to pre register for the previews. Unfortunately it will only be MK and CM previews on 11/5, there are no previews on 11/4 at least for MKs. There’s a chance there could be a soft open on 11/13 or 11/14 but I wouldn’t expect it. One of those days is definitely the media preview, likely 11/13 since the park is closing early that night.

Maybe I missed this or they haven't announced yet.....will we be able to get a Tiana's VQ and Haunted Mansion VQ at 7am or will it be like WDW when we had TRON and Tiana's on VQ, where you had to choose and could only hold 1, and then had to use it before going for the other at afternoon drop?

I just read this back to myself and it is such a horrible run on sentence. Hope it makes sense! 🤣
I hated that TRON / Tiana's combo at Magic Kingdom. I missed out on Tiana's when I was there in July because of it.

I read on reddit that they turned off the extra water, so maybe they're turning it on/off throughout the day? It's still in demo phase, so they may be tinkering with what works for the attraction.
They've been running it without the final drop waterfall turned on, however that doesn't really affect the splash as guests still get soaked with a lot of water in bottom of log.

Honestly I lift my feet up a little on each drop and helps shoes not be flooded with water. Only do this if you can fully support yourself upright as it's a fast stop/slow down without foot bracing.

Maybe I missed this or they haven't announced yet.....will we be able to get a Tiana's VQ and Haunted Mansion VQ at 7am or will it be like WDW when we had TRON and Tiana's on VQ, where you had to choose and could only hold 1, and then had to use it before going for the other at afternoon drop?

I just read this back to myself and it is such a horrible run on sentence. Hope it makes sense! 🤣
They haven’t. For previews you can hold both, which was also the case at magic kingdom. So it’s TBD.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest