Tiana ride question re: watching spoilers

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
I've been seeing clips of the new Tiana ride all over the place recently and today Disney released a video of the whole ride. Just curious if people are waiting to see the ride when it opens or if you'll watch the video. I can never ride it because of my back problems so I'll watch the video, but my dd is adamant about not seeing it until she can experience the ride in real life.

How about you?

How about you?
That's a good question. I won't make it back to WDW until at least 2026, so I'm waiting for Splash at DL. It won't be open yet when I go this summer, but next year, I plan on it being the first ride I go on. That's over a year. I'm sure I'll end up watching some Disney youtuber's video of it.

I found the video on the Disney Parks YouTube channel:

I only saw "The Princess and the Frog" once, so I don't know these characters or this music. The ride will still be fun, but I'll always miss the "Song of the South" storyline.
Thanks for posting. I love the animatronics, but my gosh, the music is awful!! There's nothing about it that screams "Disney."

I adore the princess and the frog movie. Watched it many times with my sons when they were little. It is a favorite. They called it froggy Princess.

I know the ride is set after the movie, but was really hoping for more of the movie elements in it. (I don’t want to spoil it by listing specifics for those who haven’t seen the video yet)

I adore the princess and the frog movie. Watched it many times with my sons when they were little. It is a favorite. They called it froggy Princess.

I know the ride is set after the movie, but was really hoping for more of the movie elements in it. (I don’t want to spoil it by listing specifics for those who haven’t seen the video yet)
Froggy Princess! That's so cute :)

It's my daughter's favorite movie, too. One of our favorite Disneyland memories was meeting Tiana at the Ariel breakfast at DCA a number of years ago.

I agree with you about the ride, but won't say more because of spoilers.

FYI, folks, DISboards does have a spoiler feature that people who've watched the video can use to discuss details of the new ride. Click on the three vertical dots next to the emoji icon to bring up the secondary menu.

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 10.18.05 AM.png

Just want to say thanks for putting the "spoiler word" in the subject line (and I skipped reading all the posts). I'd like to be pleasantly surprised when I hit that ride.
There are no spoilers in the posts. The OP was asking people whether they were going to watch the spoilers in the video.

I'm waiting like I did for Rise of the resistance. It was difficult, because I watch a lot of Disney vloggers but I managed to be surprised with the sequencing of the ride when I rode it the first time. I'm avoiding videos of Tiana's Splash Adventure as much as I can!

I like to be surprised with the attractions but my trips are so infrequent, next one probably 3 years away, I will likely watch POV videos. If I had a trip planned for this fall/winter I would try to hold off watching.

Not being a Star Wars geek, I knew NOTHING about ROTR until I rode it. I was standing by the door when it opened and the guards said to get out. I just stood there and the guard looked into my eyes and said so sternly, I SAID GET OUT! OMG…I was so excited I almost….well you know… and that attraction blew my head right off! So happy I knew NOTHING. One of my all-time fave Disney experiences.

So, I, too, will be waiting until I get to the park. And having not watched the movie, I won’t know a thing :rotfl2: although I do recall reading the story when I was little.

And this I do know…I saw Princess Tiana at the park last summer and that girl was BEAUTIFUL! Prettiest princess I’ve ever seen…so I really don’t want to see her in her work clothes over at Tiana’s Palace!

Added- really the only time I’ll sneak preview something is if I think I can’t handle it, I.e., Guardians or a roller coaster. I have menieres and have to be careful. But I don’t think Tiana’s is going to go upside down so I’m pretty safe 😂

I wanted to avoid spoilers but probably won't see it til next year so caved and watched it. Wasn't surprised much, thought it looked interesting at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter