Three Things...Gratitude Thread

It was crazy they use a baby wipes for like you know general cleaning but they can’t wash their hair so they’re on the glacier for 30 days and then they get to come off and go home I just can’t imagine doing that! They’re up there taking care of the dogs and handling all the tours. I would say they’re living conditions are very primitive Almost like camping

Rice cooker-ours has a delayed start so it's really convenient to have the rice start cooking around dinner time when we have something going in the crockpot

Washer and Dryer-if you've ever had to use a laundromat you understand the love I have lol

Central air-we are spoiled in our current home with this and I think I'd have a hard time going back to wall/window units

Happy Fridge Day! 🥶

Air Fryer -- Having joined the team, I'm enjoying getting to know it. A few downs, but mostly ups!

Anything cordless -- vacuum; lawn edger; hedge trimmer; epilator (ouch!)...

...And, especially, my bluetooth speaker. I love having music playing all round the house.

Also, it's been much warmer here, today, so I'm very grateful for fans, fridges and freezers.

I am reading this as I keep reheating my coffee to the perfect temperature in my microwave, so microwave is #1 :)

Refrigerator: taken for granted until there is a power outage or problem with the fridge. An essential

Washer: I could live without my dryer since I hang up many of our clothes to save on our electricity bill, especially in the summer when the AC is running. But I still remember the feeling of luxury when I first experienced having my own washer after going to laundromats or apartment basements for years.

Good Thursday Morning :wave:

I’ve never worked from home, so I’ll go with the other topic….

#1 - Gloves - I have Raynauds, so gloves are a must for me when the temp gets to 65 degrees and less. I have an incredible amount of gloves in all sorts of colors. My public service announcement about this is to not poke fun at someone with gloves on when it’s not that cold out - I get teased all the time. Then when I say - I have bad circulation in my hands and I need to keep them warm - people quit teasing real quick. I almost lost a finger due to a vascular spasm due to my condition. Gloves are super important to me.

#2 - Face Masks - I’m so grateful for my DD20s face mask when she was younger playing softball. She wore it faithfully until her freshman year of high school. I was a nervous wreck when she stopped wearing it.

#3 - Sunscreen - All types of sunscreen. I wear it faithfully on my face this time of year. I also wear it faithfully everywhere when I’m in the pool all day. I bought an awesome non-oily one last year when we went to WDW. I know way to many people (me, DH & DD20 included) that’s getting areas cut out of them, so I do what I can to protect myself while being in the sun.

Early Good Morning hug to all,

I would love to very part time work from home and a church one day.

God by my faith is my Shield above all else.

I do have fun sunglasses from Dollar Tree. Wow what a blessing it will be God willing to wear them outside one day!

Sunscreen and car sunshields are also great inventions.

Protection and true blessing of having a home period. To also have a place of safety, faith, and with necessities along with dad truly is added grace.

Last edited:
I get to work from home 4 days a week I’m so blessed and grateful for this ! My employer started this for me before Covid because of my spinal injury and I am forever blessed and grateful for him for doing this!! I have a very long commute to work and the traffic is crazy that was one of the reasons why he started this for me and I didn’t ask - he did it all on his own ! I feel like I’m more productive at home not only can I get more work done but if something comes up at home I can easily handle it and still work I’m very grateful that I get this opportunity
If I need to go into the office other than I one day I will do that but most the time there is no need for this

Sunglasses 🕶️ extremely grateful for them since I work on Contacts my eyes are a bit sensitive to the sun - I always have a very nice pair of sunglasses

Sunscreen- I don’t use it as much as I probably should but if I’m gonna be at the pool all day I will use it and if I’m at the beach all day🏖️ I definitely will put some on

Moisturizer - ❤️❤️ I do use this a lot the older I get the more I use it🤣🤣

I'm going with Protective Things, it's a particularly interesting one I haven't considered before. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sunglasses ...Especially when driving
Wellies (rubber boots)
Full Face Shield ...For when jet washing pathways, patios etc. It's so much more comfortable than goggles and protects me from tiny stones and things that get thrown up.

And, this all makes me think, in the much bigger picture about : -

Our Clean Water supplies ...that protect us from illness
Our Homes ...that protect us from the elements (among other things)
Our Military and other Emergency Forces ...who protect us.

I think I’m going to go with a blend…

1. Vehicle benefits- pre-Covid, I was working from home 3 days a week. While we were deemed essential, Covid shifted us to over 99% remote/work from home. I have a long commute, so working from home has drastically reduced the wear and tear on my vehicle. DH has been home since Covid too. It’s even reduced our insurance. It’s also nice not wasting hours and all that gas sitting in traffic.

2. Sun protection- sunglasses, sunscreen, hats and rash-guards are coming to mind. I’m fairly photophobic, so glasses are important. DD15 has blue eyes, which are extra sensitive. While my melanoma excisions have shown little sun damage in the impacted areas, I still try and safeguard myself against the sun.

3. Pets- When I’m working from home, I can have the dog around to brighten up the day. She usually takes turns lounging behind me in my office, across the hall in bed, or around DH. She’ll also head butt my cracked door open to let me know if either of the kids are up or if someone just got home. I can’t get that in the office…the real office.

Honorable mention…we have one of those whole home water filters. We actually took it with us when we moved from our last house. I’m honestly not sure how much it filters out, but it makes our tap water like good bottled water, shower water feels nicer, and it helps with laundry.

Last edited:
Protective things:
I remember the stress before I was able to get my first COVID vaccine. Even though I was in a high risk group, there was a long wait until I finally got the email to schedule it. I am so grateful for vaccines in general, especially against childhood diseases, however life after getting the vaccine (even though I got COVID after a WDW trip!) was far less stressful.

My DH’s car has so many safety features and I am grateful for every single one. The beeps may be annoying, (scratch your nose, eyes on the road!), but having the feeling that the car is watching out for us is such a comfort! :)

Protective equipment for my DGD and DH. Bike helmet for her, and all sorts of gear that my DH wears for senior league softball. He’s a pitcher and so line drives are always a possibility.

Honorable mention to my transitional glasses. They made my life so much easier, not having to have sunglasses. I especially appreciated them when I had playground duty and didn’t have to remember to grab my sunglasses, even though coming back into te school it was a bit dark for a few minutes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest