• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Good Morning!

I’d be grateful if my current head cold left fast :lmao:

#1 - I’m grateful for Genie+ to get on rides fast - a lot of people hate on Genie+, but we like it:thumbsup2

#2 - I’m also grateful for airplanes - it’s always amazing how it takes 20+ hours for us to drive to Florida, but only 3 hours to fly there ✈️

#3 - I’m grateful for microwaves - they are the best to heat up things fast.

1. I'm grateful for fast delivery of things to our house. It's amazing to me how quickly you can get things delivered now!

2. I'm grateful for airplanes - so glad it's an option vs driving to get to the other side of the country for vacation! I am hoping to go on more road trips when DH and I retire, but for now, glad flying is an easy option!

3. I'm grateful for quick meals - I have a list of a few "meals" that I always have the ingredients for to quickly put together for dinner in a pinch.

Fast Things:
1. Amazon Prime: saves me so much time
2. Microwave: I only really use it for heating water, melting butter and reheating leftovers (and occasionally defrosting), but I almost always eat leftovers for lunch and it is ready in a flash.
3. Target drive up—they have my order ready in less than 2 hours.

Fast Things

Well, any kind of food that's quick to make. :D Sometimes, you want to satisfy hunger fast and with less effort!!!

Running fast downhill.

Streaming TV.

Cordless tools make life so much easier.

Scan & Go shopping. I love being able to bag things as I shop, ready to go straight in the car,

Sorry, I've missed a few days. I want to catch up with this one, though.

Water: -

I'm grateful for clean drinking water. Very grateful. It's the liquid I drink by far the most, too.

The fun of water - swimming pools, lazy rivers, water slides, water fights!!!

The tranquil and energizing effect of water - flowing rivers, babbling streams, waterfalls, rhythmic waves...

Showers! The most refreshing way to get clean, in my opinion. 🚿 😄

1. I'm thankful for my older relatives. Last night I ate dinner with my mom (79), her 2 sisters (90 and 92) and two of my cousins (their daughters). One aunt uses a walker and the other uses a cane. They are very slow, but I love being around them and grateful that they are still with us!

2. I'm thankful for everything @WDWEPCOT mentions above (beach, cruise, beach) - so relaxing and wonderful!

3. I'm thankful for snail mail - it's not always slow, but gets that reputation with how instant everything is today

I like the pace of the lull between Christmas and New Years...we never really have anything going on and it's quiet(for once!)

Quiet weekend mornings...I tend to wake up early and nobody is moving yet so I get to go at my pace

The last hour or so before I fall asleep-it's quiet and I get to read peacefully for a bit before falling asleep and starting the day allllll over again the next morning

Slow-cooker: I enjoy coming home to dinner already made.
I second this one!!

Also roasted veggies - though slower than the microwave, I love taste when I have time to make them.

And road trips. I know I said I was grateful for airplanes when I need to travel far, but if it's only a few hours, I also appreciate a pretty drive with great music and road-trip snacks that look like a 10-year-old was given $50 and no supervision in the grocery store. :laughing:

SLOW

I love a morning that starts a bit more slowly; it just feels like a better way to start the day!

My slow-cooker Today's dinner is slow-cooker bolognese. 😋

Stretching. Some quiet, slow stretches always feel good (to me).

TBH, it's always nice to do (almost!) any job a little more slowly and deliberately -- as a contrast to rushing around under time pressure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter