• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three siblings killed getting on school bus

I saw that. Terrible.

Obviously he was not watching the road. I am going to guess....ON HIS CELL PHONE. We will see the explanation.

Drivers in my area are terrible when it comes to stopping for a school bus.

This is horrible. That poor family -- to lose three children all together. That's devastating. My heart breaks for them.

Just unfathomable, I can't imagine the parents' grief. Those poor kids... my heart breaks. People think they are too important to pay attention. And it ends up hurting someone else. Just awful.

My first thought, after what a terrible tragedy, was cell phone as well. This will end up ruining two families, that of the children and that of the driver. Barring something like a health event that caused them to hit the children they should be facing a lengthy stay in prison.

This is a horrible tragedy.

Why are we dog piling on the driver, making a huge assumption she was on the phone? We have no idea if she was or wasn't...and even if she was it doesn't by definition mean she wasn't paying attention. There could have been any number of things that contributed, only she knows the answer to that.

It's a horrendous situation for all involved...not only the kids and their family, but the driver too. Trust me, she's going to have very serious issues too.

Article says it was a 24-year-old female driver in a pickup truck, hard to imagine a phone was not involved for a driver that age.

It's a 24 year old married mother of 2. I'm hoping there was no cell phone issue. Her facebopok page is still up and open for comments. :(

Why are we dog piling on the driver, making a huge assumption she was on the phone? We have no idea if she was or wasn't...and even if she was it doesn't by definition mean she wasn't paying attention. There could have been any number of things that contributed, only she knows the answer to that.

It's a horrendous situation for all involved...not only the kids and their family, but the driver too. Trust me, she's going to have very serious issues too.

Because she was not supposed to be moving!! The lights were on the bus and the arm was out. She was supposed to stop. I have no sympathy for her whatsoever

She either wasn't paying attention or she purposely ran through the stop arm signal.
I hope she sees those poor kids in her mind for the rest of her life.

Jeez back of the driver. 1. We don’t know what happened. 2. This person most likely did not wake up this morning and premeditate to hurt or kill a group of children this morning. Let’s keep our jails empty for this who do.

As a side note ....no driver has never been not distracted. It just takes a second. Especially those with kids. My kids distract me more than a phone. Even with eyes on the road one’s cognetive concentration is off when you have 2 kids at the same time screaming questions etc. at you. This is why hands free phone in a car is also not safe. I am though curious if she just blew through the stop sign.

My cousin is a bus driver. She posted today this is her main fear.

I expect she might get vehicular manslaughter charges since she was in a bus zone.

I sure hope so, and maybe some other charges too. It is so sad that she has taken the lives of 3 children putting unconscionable their parent and family, seriously injured another and if put in prison, changed her own children's lives, all in a single minute. All because she was either to self absorbed to pay attention to the road or felt she was too important to wait for little kids to get on their bus.

Jeez back of the driver. 1. We don’t know what happened. 2. This person most likely did not wake up this morning and premeditate to hurt or kill a group of children this morning. Let’s keep our jails empty for this who do.

As a side note ....no driver has never been not distracted. It just takes a second. Especially those with kids. My kids distract me more than a phone. Even with eyes on the road one’s cognetive concentration is off when you have 2 kids at the same time screaming questions etc. at you. This is why hands free phone in a car is also not safe. I am though curious if she just blew through the stop sign.

My cousin is a bus driver. She posted today this is her main fear.

She murdered 3 children because she broke the law. She deserves to rot in jail.

My heart is broken for this poor family. I live out in the country and DD’s bus stops on the other side of the road, so she would need to cross the street. Just one of the many reasons why I don’t let her ride the bus.

She could have been a cell phone but that information hasn't been officially stated as such.

Inattentive driving comes in a variety of ways...just ask me how I was able to be rearended not once but twice while I was stopped completely at a red light--the driver looked down to get into her purse and hit me and then instead of pressing the brakes she pressed the gas hitting me for the second time and hard enough to push me into the car in front of me). She was far from a teen or young adult.

And FWIW I see many individuals older than teens and young adults on cell phones.

Let’s keep our jails empty for this who do.
Most people don't wake up thinking "You know what I'll do today..."

That doesn't mean that if they have done something criminal that they shouldn't be assessed consequences. To that end a variety of factors come into play in regards to sentencing and jail time: minimum sentences, prior offenses, severity of the incident, remorse, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter