• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

They just don't understand

Cruised-out and Disneyed-out?!?! Oh my! This is a serious problem! The vacation doctor prescribes 1 week in Vegas (yuck!) or your least favorite port. That should clear his mind and get him thinking straight again.

I agree!! they are the crazy ones!!

I guess my friends are used to it now...they don't even question it anymore...I get asked from time to time "why do you like it so much" but I can't give a good answer!
but our choir went to wdw and then we went on our band trip to San Antonio and we were in Fiesta texas bored(we had rode all the stuff b/c I know how to work crowds thanks to disney! :D)and my friend brusts out with-"I like disney world so much better...you could go all day and still have tons to do!"I almost passed out...my friends have never said anything like that!!

our family just is ok with it...I guess...we are bringing my grandma with us to Hilton Head when we go to for Spring Break and I took her to the website to show her the rooms and all the stuff we can do and she's excited! :)

the funniest thing was we went in December(surprise trip so I wasn't expecting it!)and then March for Spring break(and I ended up seeing my friend from school in line for RnR) and then in June...well I guess I forgot to tell people I was leaving b/c when I got back after 2 weeks people were freaking! they were like-OMG! where did you go? why didn't you tell me you were going? and all this stuff...I guess I kept telling my friend Bunmi b/c she's the only one that knew! lol it was just TOO funny! lol

My DH's parents don't get it. They think I'm nuts. I always thought if you just went you would get it. It didn't work for them. They went for our wedding and will likely never go back again. After all, they saw it, right? I'm lucky DH will out of the blue say "I wish we were driving to Disney World this morning instead of work..." He gets it!

We've tried other vacations to the more "refined" places, Ixtapa, the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas and LA, but we've spent just as much money (or more) on each trip and none of them had the magic of Disney. I'm in the same place as Tay N' Evie's Mom (literally -- Chicago -- and figuratively), though, because my DH is a little Disneyed out. My three DD's love it, though, and that will help in persuading my DH that we should return. We always get the "It must be nice to be rich" additude from our family and friends but they just don't understand that we prioritize so we can afford family vacations. My DH and I never had $$ for vacations either so we make it a priority. Besides, I think I like it more than my three daughters do! People say that we're spoiling them, but I am spoiling myself too, and what's wrong with that!

I was once told by a parenting expert that if you look in your refrigerator & find the things that are "spoiled" it's because they have been sitting in there untouched for too long with no attention at all.

Our children are not spoiled - they are loved & as parents we want to give them everything we can.

I look at it this way. If they have been there, then they understand (usually). If they haven't been there and can't understand why anyone would go, then that's one less family I have to stand in line behind and listen to their griping!

I certainly can't understand their point of view either! LOL

He tells everyone that he can take it or leave it but when friends were over a few nights ago and asking WDW questions, he says, "Oh you've got to go here..." and "You have got to try this..." It was so funny!

Don't you love the DIS! You can come here as often as you want, obsess as much as you like, and everyone knows just what you are talking about!

My co-workers have watched me go to Disney 7 times in 4 years and we have our next 3 trips planned before January. I think I am starting to convert some of them. I have a few friends that are saying, hmmm, I wonder if we could go...hehehehe I am trying to boost attendance single handedly! LOL!:p

My parents go every year. They winter in Florida and I fly down. Haven't seen the place they bought 2 years ago, they ALWAYS meet me at Disney!

My younger DB 1st wife (I am hoping there's a second:rolleyes: ) went to Disneyland so she's 'already seen everything' and my brother does whatever she tells him.
My older brother is bringing his 3 year old daughter in September. He will complain about how expensive everything is (until I smack him:) ) but he will have fun watching her excitement. This will her first time and we have been priming her for months! LOL

And remember, those that don't get it:confused:, well, usually if you look closely, you see why :eek:

I have a friend that just returned from a trip with her husband and three children (the first trip for all of them). They were there over July 4th and although she said the tips I gave her worked great she can't figure out why we go every year! They had a good time she said (her husband wasnt really into it) they stayed off sight but still close by but she just cant figure out why we love it so much. We don't know anybody who loves it like we do, go figure!

Anyone consider moving to Orlando?

Can you actually imagine what friends/family would say then?
(Not that it's any of their business)

Just wondering if anyone ever wondered........

When DH was looking for a job last yr we did look in the Orlando/Tampa area. We had hoped he could get a job with the same company at the Tampa location (they were closing the plant here). FL was the only place outside of the Metro Atlanta area that he looked for a job.

I forgot to add what happened to me on Sat.
As you can see by my sig. we have only been to WDW 2X and those trips were 2yrs apart.

Well we were at a reunion Sat and Iwas telling my cousin about our WDW trip. She was like "you went again" like we go there everyother month or something.
Now for the every other month "thing" she has no problem leaving her kids with the inlaws every 3 months so her and her DH and her parents can go to Biloxi to gamble. They even missed a big birthday celebration for our great aunt in Feb because they would not change their trip. "well we go that week every yr" was the excuse. They had several months notice about the party but gambling was more important. They had just been there the end of Nov first of Dec anyway.

Well I guess I will stop venting now. It just gets to me that some think we are nuts to go to WDW 2 X in 2 yrs but they go to the same place 3-4 times a yr without their kids. Not that there is anytign worng with taking an occasional vacation without kids, but they use up all there vacation days to go to Biloxi. There isn't any time left to vacation with the kids. Well I take that back. They go on "working" vacations with the kids. When he has to travel out of state with his job they all go along if it is in the summer. BTW they did go to WDW 1 time 4 yrs ago and stayed 3 days. They only reason they went was a CM that he is related to gave them tickets. All my cousin did is complain that they had to meet the relative every day to get their ticket for that day.

Once you get the WDW Bug, forget about it. My 5 YO DD has it just like me, but my teenagers & DW are not as into it. I do feel somewhat self conscious about it, because most people don't understand why we would want to go back. The people on these boards do, however.

I strongly believe that if you properly plan, you can get a huge amount of value in a Disney vacation (All Stars are fine with us - and we don't do big sit down meals every day). There is just so much to do, and the quality of the attractions/shows is just tremendous. There's just a great "aura" about the place that is hard to describe, and once you've been bitten by it, you just get drawn back to it constantly. Wish we had the $$$ and time to go back more often, but these boards help a lot!

Anyone consider moving to Orlando?

Worse than that, we are looking to move to Celebration!! We have been gathering information and we are currently debating whether we should rent a car and visit for a day this time or make a separate trip to visit Celebration. So far a second trip id winning out :D

I think Disney sprinkles Pixie Dust in your food and some people like me are very suseptible and will come down with a horrific case of Disneyitis. DD-14 has it too. DH is another in denial. DS-5 has a mild case. When he was 2 his favorite sentence was "Take me Dizzyweird Mommy? Take me Dizzyweird?" My co-workers roll their eyes too but they are use to me now. Our thing is we do like other stuff too and so we have been doing the double vacation. Part time at WDW and part time this next time in Playa Del Carmen (Beach resort-All inclusive). I also grew up in California so I also had the I've seen it all attitude before I experienced it for myself. Boy was that like a slap in the face or what? Well, this will be our 3rd time in 4 years and the year we skipped, we skipped it to go on the 7 day Disney Cruise! Let me tell ya folks, I've got it bad. I bawl walking down Main Street for crying out loud. DD and I have to console each other and hide behind sunglasses. It's pathetic! But I wouldn't have it any other way. Counting down the days till February!

I LOVE WDW! I have only been 3 times ever and I just can't enough - I'm happy to say my kids love it just as much as I do and would be happy to go there every year on vacation! My DH enjoys it when we are there but he likes to do different things - boy won't he be happy once he finds out I have already made all the plans for a "surprise" trip in January:teeth: I CAN'T WAIT!!! I just don't get how other people just don't get it but at least we all do;)

I too love going as often as I can. I like to try for 2x a year one long trip one short. I usually dont mention were we are going for the short trip (usually 4 day weekend) unless it is to friends (who know to just say have another fun trip!) I went when I was single and now am marrried with 3 kids under 5. DH has gone once, liked it well enough but hates to fly, and I refuse to drive if at all possible. So DS's and I pack it up and head out! My mom does love to go and usually goes on our long trip. Its great family time and we always just really enjoy ourselves. When my twins were 9 months and we were planning a FL vacation I was just going to do the beach and relax, figuring the boys wouldn't know the difference at that age. My Mom said " You know what, You'll know the difference. You love disney and you'll love watching them experience it even if they won't remember it just yet" So we skipped the beach and did a week of disney. As usual mom knows best!! Fortunately all my boys love disney and always ask when we are going back. "How about this weekend mom" I just have to say OK!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter