These are NOT the rooms that I paid for! 3 Resorts in 10 days - Trivia Answers 9/3

Wednesday February 27, 2013: Day 5, Part 6

DSC01016.jpg

We took the bus from DHS to Contemporary Resort where we had to check in for our BLT room. Again, I had not done on-line check-in. When we were speaking with Pam, the super nice CM who was checking us in, and she said that we had a theme-park view room. I replied, excuse me…I booked a Lake View room so yeah, could you please change that? Nah, I didn’t say that.

They had upgraded us from a Lake View room to a Theme Park View!! Again, just another random upgrade but appreciated nonetheless.

DSC01023.jpg

Before we proceeded to the room, we said hi to my husband’s step-cousin who is the Guest Relations Manager. We were able to spend some time with her and she even walked us over to the Business Center at the Convention hall to see if they sold memory cards for Em’s camera. They didn’t but apparently nowhere in WDW can you buy compact flash cards for the D series Canon cameras. Lesson learned... sometimes 4 GB isn't enough!

DSC01024.jpg

TPV Room

DSC01047.jpg

We finally made it to our room and the first thing I noticed – bar stools! Yay! Anyone who has followed by past TRs know that I have a “thing” for bar stools. Only certain 1 and 2 bedroom villas have the bar stools. (I believe the TPV villas all do since the living room is wider due to the configuration of the rooms.)

I took the compulsory 101 photos of the room!

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

DSC01060.jpg

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

DSC01057.jpg

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

We had a 6:30pm ADR at Tony’s Town Square so we had to leave our comfy room and walk over to MK not too long after we had settled in.

But first, a stop for yet another photo!

DSC01087.jpg

Once checked in and seated after a short wait, we had the same waiter as last time, Mark Anthony. He was very easy on the eyes, and yes, I have fully confessed to my hubby that both Em and I coveted thoughts of a pretty man while we were on our girl trip. No worries, my DH is still the man for me! This dinner was the best Tony’s experience yet. We’ve had a prior lunch and dinner so this was our 3rd visit to this restaurant. The rolls and olive oil that was the start to the meal was ok, nothing special or extraordinary. I ordered the cannelloni for my entree and it was superb. I was only able to eat 1 of the 2 tubes so I wish we had shared an entrée but Em ordered the shrimp scampi. She wasn’t as thrilled with her choice – especially when she tried my cannelloni.

DSC01105.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

I left room for dessert since the pistachio crème brulee was amazing last time. Em and I shared this dessert and it was ooohhhh sooo good. It arrived with a birthday greeting card from Mickey and pals and aglow with a candle. Mark Anthony sang Happy Birthday to Em and I felt bad that he was singing all by himself so I join in the song. It was completely unexpected when people threw flowers at my feet in tribute to my brilliant mezzo soprano voice! Ha! Not even close to reality there! I was able to join in for half the song before I rather faded to the background with rather a hum. I didn't want to spoil the moment!

I didn't count on Em liking this dessert as much as me. She didn’t fall for the, “oh, look there’s Justin Beiber!” ploy to distract her so I could consume the entire dessert myself but then again she’s not into Beibs so that was a complete fail.

DSC01116.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

Up next: MK fun!

Continued Next Post - likely after I'm back from my travels this week to Connecticut. But first I have a bonus update to share.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

Your villa looks amazing! I hope I get to stay at BLT again someday. I love it.

May have to sneak in a visit to Tony's from some Crème Brûlée and Mark Anthony. ;)

Another great view from your new room! I bet Wishes looked very nice from the room. :thumbsup2

Your quest to look for a CD memory card for the camera reminded me to make sure I pack all of the extra cards I bought for our trip to Korea coming up in a week. I didn't want to take any chances so I'm taking 5 extras along with an extra battery pack! Hope you had a fun weekend!

BLT looks great! We only stayed there for one night (opening night of the resort!), but the villa was fantastic, and I loved the theme park view. So cool that you got an upgrade! :thumbsup2

As for Tony's, I would love to try it for the pistachio crème brûlée alone. And I'm definitely looking forward to the bonus update! :goodvibes

Bonus Update! Em and I did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour at Disneyland yesterday

DSC07676.jpg

We've wanted to do this tour for some time so I was excited when a couple of friends decided to book this particular tour with Em and me.

The initial appeal of this tour was more for the chance to see Walt's Apartment over the firehouse as well as the lobby of Club 33. However, being able to hear the stories behind many of the attractions and follow along with the events of opening day July 17, 1955 was too attractive to pass up. Standing where Walt stood, and as the tour name implies, walking along where he went on the days leading up to the park opening was such an awesome experience.

Even for those who have been to DLR many times, this was an informative tour that included audio clips from Walt as well as themed background music when transitioning from some of the attractions to the next tour stop.

The day started with checking in for the tour at the kiosk by City Hall by 9:15am. We were given name badges that identified us as part of the tour and were asked to select our lunch choices from the Jolly Holiday Bakery. The tour includes a lunch choice, dessert, and a drink. Everything about this tour was top rate and to the highest Disney caliber!

DSC07675.jpg

DSC07686.jpg

DSC07687.jpg

Lunch choices
DSC07681.jpg

DSC07682.jpg

Em considering the lunch choices
DSC07679.jpg

We were given the audio consoles so that we could hear the tour narration as well as the audio clips.

DSC07685.jpg

There were 18 people in our tour and we were divided into two groups - Walt and Lillian. We were in the Lillian group. For the most part the tour travels together. When we went on attractions and for touring Walt's apartment we split into the two groups.

The tour started at City Hall with some preliminary information regarding what the tour would cover. Shortly after we moved to the firehouse for an overview of what was to come.

DSC07708.jpg

DSC07712.jpg

We then proceeded to the flag pole where Walt delivered his dedication speech on July 17, 1955. His dedication speech was played in its entirely. What a great moment!

DSC_0419.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

Then we proceeded up Main Street, listening to trivia and pointing out prominent names of some of the key Disney imagineers and staff from the making of Disneyland on the windows. I learned a lot of new and impressive facts.

Our next stop was the Partners statue at the hub. More trivia, photos, and then we headed to Adventureland and New Orleans Square.

The highlight of New Orleans square is of course, Club 33. We only ventured inside the lobby but still to be able to peek inside was pretty spectacular!

DSC_0522.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

Photo in the elevator that Walt recreated from a trip to Paris.
DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

Interesting notes, when you walk inside Club 33 and the door closes - it so quiet. However, if you listen closely you can hear the sounds of the Pirates ride directly underneath. The final scene with the pirates shooting at each other is under your feet. The streets outside Club 33 is where the caverns of the PotC ride are located.

As noted earlier, Walt was in Paris and fell in love with this elevator in one of their hotels. He wanted to purchase it but they declined his offer so he sent some men to photograph, measure, and design a replica of the elevator for the space that would become Club33.

The Dream Suite and Club 33 were later innovations that Walt never lived to see. He imagined a jazz club above the perfume shop and other forms of entertainment with the private lounge area.

Next Up: Part 2 to this WDW TR intermission

Oh my goodness, another upgrade!! How awesome. These BLT pictures are making me miss it so much! That place will be my favorite forever.

Yum yum yum, your Tony's meal looks awesome! I loved Tony's when I went there too. And may I just say, a teenager that isn't into Beiber? Music to my ears. I applaud Em for that! :laughing:

Can't wait to read the rest of your tour update. Sounds amazing! Club 33... wow!

Congratulations on yet another upgrade! What a lovely amount of pixie dust you had received.

I am going to DL in a month... I want to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour again! I am not doing it this time, but I guess that means I need to go back again for another trip, and I'm not even there yet! :rotfl: Look on a map and see where PEI is and you'll see how far I've got to go for all these DL trips! :thumbsup2

Nice room at BLT and :yay: on the TPV upgrade!!!

Dinner at Tony's looked great! We almost ate there once. We had reservations the year we did the Deluxe Dining Plan, but my son had a stomach issue during the trip so he didn't want to go to any restaurants. This was one of the meals that was sacrificed, and we have never made it back! Tempted after seeing your meals and hearing about the hot waiter!

I'm enjoying hearing about your Walking in Walt's footsteps tour. A few weeks ago I purchased a (kids') biography of Walt Disney and I just started reading it last night.

It's cool that you have been able to take pictures so far on the tour. Looking forward to reading more!

Hope you bring some warm weather when you come to our neck of the woods. It has been such a cold spring here!!!

Love the pictures of your room at BLT! I sure do miss it there. Nothing beats looking out your window and seeing the Magic Kingdom! :goodvibes MMMMM, Tony's is so good! I haven't been there in a couple years...maybe that is a possibility for an ADR in December...haha

That's awesome you did the tour at Disneyland! I am sure it would be really interesting-my dad and I did the KTTK at the Magic Kingdom last year and loved it!

You gals are so lucky with the upgrades! :thumbsup2

Glad to see that you had a good experience at Tony's. It has been very hit and miss with us and yet I keep going back because I love Lady & the Tramp so much!

Where are you going in Connecticut? That is where Jay is from and parts are somewhat close to me ....

What a cool tour you got to do!

Wow that shrimp scampi does look greasy, I can see how she wasn't that pleased.

However, that pistachio creme brulee is my favv!!!

Another upgrade couldn't have happened to a nicer person!
Ohhhh, the yellow painting above Em in your room is so pretty, I love it!
Where is the photo of the yummy waiter?

Thanks for sharing the walk in Walt steps tour pictures and notes on the tour. I am looking forward to the rest of the tour and pictures from Walt's apartment.

The time DH and I stayed at BLT I loved just being able to walk next door to the MK. You are hitting the upgrade jackpot this trip, and I am loving the pictures.

Wow, you guys really lucked out on this trip! What a view! I love the art and that bathroom! :)

Oh Tony's. I think they're given a bad rap. The food pictures looked yummy. Looks like you guys had a nice time. How nice of you to chime in on happy birthday! I love E's shirt, super cute!!

I realllly want to do that tour when we're there in August, but I don't know if we'll have time because of the expo. Thank you for sharing that with us! It looks so amazing.

Wow I am so glad I caught up I didn't realize how far behind I was, the ToT picture is great, myself and dd had actually just been talking about the ToT this weekend, she mentioned how she can't wait to ride it in August and I had to break the bad news that it would not be happening since I do not do well with heights :scared1:... The tour looks awesome I can't wait to read about the rest of it.

:wave2: Lurker coming out of lurkdom here! I absolutely had to post when you mentioned that Mark was your waiter at Tony's.

I've had the BIGGEST crush on that man since I was in high school. We used to eat at Tony's on the regular and I would always have my picture taken with him because he was just so handsome! I remember his wife Becky worked there with him as well and I kept thinking, she is one lucky woman!

We haven't been in Tony's in a while but every time we walk past I ask my mom (who has a nice crush of her own on him), "Do you think Mark is in there?" And she'd always try to convince me to go in there and look.

Now I know he's still there so you know I'm going to have to pop my head in there in October!

P.S. Love you TR. You girls are so beautiful! And have such great luck with rooms!

OK it's settled. I'm travelling with you from now on. You really are Disney royalty! :flower3:
Another beautiful, never want to leave it, room with a fantastic view.

Haha, "Look Justin Bieber". I am so glad to hear that didn't work. :thumbsup2

And you're off on another trip. Please be safe and enjoy!

Oh Brenda, Thank You for the wonderful report on the tour. I'm getting goosebumps just reading about it. Can't wait for more!!! :hyper:

Nice upgrade! That room is great at the contemporary. I can see why you want to split up your stays...I always think would be a pain to pack and move however after seeing all your great rooms this trip makes me want to try them.
Yummy on the cannelloni ..and the creme brûlée ;)
Thanks for the bonus update from the tour..very cool

That is IT! You MUST come with us in March and check in our resort for us! I'm sure that it is the ONLY way for me to get a fancy upgrade!!!!!!

I want to take one of those tours one day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter