There's no time to slumber we're going back in November! we came we saw and started a TR for it all!

I made it over and am all caught up!

Sorry you lost the resort vote, if haven't stayed at Poly since I was a kid and have been dying to go back! Some day. But I am with you in two bathrooms!! Especially as your kids get bigger, you may even want to just throw those boys in a whole different hotel!:laughing:

Liking the dining wish list. I adore 50's PT! My dad is always such a hoot in there; he's feisty. My SO on the other hand did not enjoy it too much; he's an introvert and was a little embrassed when our server called him out for not finishing dinner. I've never had a bad experience there. Plus, who doesn't LOVE classic American comfort food?! I have ordered the dinner sampler as long as I can remember. And there is a dessert, dad's Sunday I think, which is delishious!

Can't wait to see how everything goes planning wise!!:jumping1:

There’s no time to Slumber we’re going back in November!

Hello! Welcome Old and hopefully new friends-- to yet another FUN, Adventure filled Pre-trip report from yours truly!

If you don’t know my crazy crew and I let me introduce you!
(what's the deal with all this rhyming?)

This is me. My name is Michelle but all my friends call me Mo.

[/URL
]

Or this

[/URL]
(I LOVE MY DIS MEETS)

I have 3 jobs- I work for the grand ol City of Chicago (Transportation in I.T.), an instructor in Dog Training (obedience only) and the third, well it’s in retail, I dabble in photography, and I’m also the Volleyball Coordinator for the kids school – Mom taxi extraordinaire- amongst many other things which will come up periodically throughout this report!

Married to Tom:

[/URL]

I WISH!

How about this one:

[/URL]

Tom is a supervisor of office technology fixer people, (that's a technology word just like thing-a-ma-jig) and works a security job.

We have beautiful 10 year old triplets Who are in the 4th grade..

Zack:

[/URL]

A Lego maniac!

Matt:

[/URL]

And Meg aka Peanut:

[/URL]

The three of them together:

[/URL]

This will be my Family’s 4th trip to Disney my 5th. My family is all about FUN. We have a great time together and Disney allows both being together and just let us be… US!

Our last trip was Sept 2014 a surprise birthday trip for my kiddos.. This was one of the HARDEST things to do, yet in the end was well worth all the stress and 2 years of planning! (If you have a week or so you can read both the PTR and TR in my siggy!) I was sure this was going to be our last trip for some time since I now have to pay for the kiddies as adults. Well the Pixi Dust is flying and we are GOING BACK!

I hope you will sit back relax and enjoy this ride of planning with me! Or if you can figure out this new Dis your my BFF!
SUBING. Going to take me a bit to get all caught up, but it sure looks like fun

Okay! Here I am, officially renouncing my "Lurking Creeper" status now that I'm finally all caught up! :rolleyes1

SO EXCITED FOR YOU, OMG OMG OMG! :hyper:

And how do we keep doing this? In 2014, you were there about two weeks before me. Now in 2015, you'll be there two weeks ahead of me again! (I'll be arriving a week AFTER Thanksgiving!) :P

I love love love the family suites at Art of Animation! I was tempted to book one for my upcoming trip, since it's me and my aunt & uncle. But the thing is that I'm SUPER funny about having my own space, so I would want the bedroom. And I would feel like a big jerk throwing them out on the pull-out sofa together. :guilty: So! Two separate rooms for us! Right now we're at AoA in Little Mermaid rooms, but I'm hoping to upgrade to POFQ once military discounts come out over the summer sometime. :thumbsup2

You know, I did 50s Prime Time in 2002, and I'm sad to report that it was a disappointment. This was in the pre-YouTube days, so I'd not seen any videos of it, but I did read tons and tons of hilarious stories online about the place, and was super-duper excited for it! Sadly, the server we got was pretty lackluster. Don't get me know wrong, she was sweet, and perfectly good server for a regular restaurant... But she didn't do ANYTHING funny or special. At all. :sad2: It was such a let-down that I've never returned. I sincerely hope that your experience is better! I wonder if you ask the host to seat you in the section of the most hilarious server on duty that night, if they would do it? :scratchin

I'm diggin' your ADR list, though! I love love love Garden Grill! I think your family with really enjoy it! Chip & Dale are the BEST. (Dale especially!) :thumbsup2

Can't wait to plan along with you! (Well, 2 weeks behind, anyhow... :rotfl:)

Last edited:
:rolleyes1 Okay, lets get a move on with the plans......I have stalking to add into my own trip.

Im glad you are getting another trip so soon..I am in the middle of a Disney drought!! I haven't been back since 2012!! I LOVE it, my husband, not so much...hopefully I will get back someday...I feed my love of Disney through all of the trip reports I read on here...

Thank you!! I do hope you get back sooner than later!!! I am so glad your here and reading along!! you need to make a believer in your husband!

While I know that you would love to stay at your beloved Poly, I know that you are just as excited about staying at AoA again. There are just three of us and I'd still like to have that second bathroom.

it is an amazing resort. it really is. But i do miss my poly!!!!
oh the second bathroom is HEAVEN. this time around i HAVE TO WALK THE RESORT!!!

OMG OMG OMG. I can't believe I didn't see this until now. That's what happens when work makes you stay away from The Dis because it's too busy. I am so excited that you are going on another trip! So far things are looking awesome. I'm sure you'll love AOA again, but I would have just reserved Poly. :) It's my dream resort. So excited to follow along with you.

Thank you!!! I am excited for it again. i don't mind going back as there is so much more to see i didn't see ANY OF IT last time..

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall while your family is dining at 50's Prime Time. Although I don't care for the food, I love the atmosphere and the shenanigans. I defintiely think a video is needed of this experience to share with your faithful DIS readers.

OH I PROMISE to have video of this!!! I honestly cannot wait to go.. I have no idea what to eat??! yet it better be good otherwise i will put all my food on Tom's plate!!!!

I got your message TODAY!!!!

BTW - I love the fried chicken at 50s Prime Time....

Already have the trip in December booked...

Good.. Glad you got it.. This wacky new Dis!!! OK good to know, fried chicken or pot roast?!? I am sure your going to have the time of your life in December!!!

Jumping in to follow!

:wave2: and a BIG :welcome: Glad to have you!!!

I followed your last September surprise trip because we went at the same time! Back in Monsoon season, I mean September, we stayed in a cars suite at AoA and loved it!!! We were in bldg 3 3rd floor facing the lake.

Same time and same resort?!?! You didn't say hi?!?! you see how i LOVE DIS MEETS! LOL... You likes the cars section? The lake view is what i originally requested (as you read NONE of my requests were granted) I am sure it was beautiful?!?! But i will say having the fireworks was FANTASTIC!
No kidding Monsoon season!!! :umbrella: terrible! How did you guys do with all the rain?!?

I have to say I'm totes jealous but so excited you are going again so soon!

Thank you!!! :woohoo: I am ready to go back NOW!

We are going to DL next month for a surprise b- day trip for my DD who is turning 17. I think its more like a DL trip for me to keep mama happy:rolleyes1California is closer for us so DLR it is! But I have to say I think I left my heart in DW. I can't wait to go back but don't have any plans as of now.

I am thinking of a weekend DL!!! Was that your first WDW visit?!

Looking forward to reading all your plans! Your TR's and PTR's are so much fun!
Kelly

Thank you so much!!! I enjoy writing them Plus i get to keep up with all my Dis friends and make new ones!!!

Just found this today while catching up on your last TR! Can't wait to read about your newest trip plans!! :yay:

YAY!!! :wave: thanks for coming aboard!!! This is going to be a lot of fun with the kids input!

I made it over and am all caught up!

WOHOOOOOOOOOO! glad your here!!!!

Sorry you lost the resort vote, if haven't stayed at Poly since I was a kid and have been dying to go back! Some day. But I am with you in two bathrooms!! Especially as your kids get bigger, you may even want to just throw those boys in a whole different hotel!:laughing:

i WILL GO BACK TO THE POLY... one day.. when i veto the kids. Or i do like your option of toss them out! HA HA!

Liking the dining wish list. I adore 50's PT! My dad is always such a hoot in there; he's feisty. My SO on the other hand did not enjoy it too much; he's an introvert and was a little embrassed when our server called him out for not finishing dinner. I've never had a bad experience there. Plus, who doesn't LOVE classic American comfort food?! I have ordered the dinner sampler as long as I can remember. And there is a dessert, dad's Sunday I think, which is delishious!

SEE!!! I am so excited for this!!!! your poor baby!!! I hope he bounced back?!?!?

Can't wait to see how everything goes planning wise!!:jumping1:

Oh this is going to be a lot of FUN!!!

SUBING. Going to take me a bit to get all caught up, but it sure looks like fun

:wave: and :welcome: Glad you came on!!! we do have lots of FUN here!!!

Okay! Here I am, finally renouncing my "Lurking Creeper" status now that I'm finally all caught up! :rolleyes1

about time... :sad2:

SO EXCITED FOR YOU, OMG OMG OMG! :hyper:

THANK YOU!!! I am really excited too!!!

And how do we keep doing this? In 2014, you were there about two weeks before me. Now in 2015, you'll be there two weeks ahead of me again! (I'll be arriving a week AFTER Thanksgiving!) :P

your terrible at planning?!?! :rotfl: I dunno!!!

I love love love the family suites at Art of Animation! I was tempted to book one for my upcoming trip, since it's me and my aunt & uncle. But the thing is that I'm SUPER funny about having my own space, so I would want the bedroom. And I would feel like a big jerk throwing them out on the pull-out sofa together. :guilty: So! Two separate rooms for us! Right now we're at AoA in Little Mermaid rooms, but I'm hoping to upgrade to POFQ once military discounts come out over the summer sometime. :thumbsup2

They are amazing. i do love it here... i don't know about the Ariel section as i never walked over there YET. plan to this year!!! there is a LOT of space in the suites too...

You know, I did 50s Prime Time 10+ years ago, and I'm sad to report that it was a disappointment. This was in the pre-YouTube days, so I'd not seen any videos of it, but I did read tons and tons of hilarious stories online about the place, and was super-duper excited for it! Sadly, the server we got was pretty lackluster. Don''t get me know wrong, she was sweet, and perfectly good server for a regular restaurant... But she didn't do ANYTHING funny or special. At all. :sad2: It was such a let-down that I've never returned. I sincerely hope that your experience is better! I wonder if you ask the host to seat you in the section of the most hilarious server on duty that night, if they would do it? :scratchin

This is a fear of mine.. I was thinking about asking once we get there to have a really FUN server.. the guy in the video's looks to be the best!

I'm diggin' your ADR list, though! I love love love Garden Grill! I think your family with really enjoy it! Chip & Dale are the BEST. (Dale especially!) :thumbsup2

Never been so this will be fun!!!

Can't wait to plan along with you! (Well, 2 weeks behind, anyhow... :rotfl:)

HA! still be loads of FUN!!!

I left off at the planning of telling you we will be driving once again. :car:

Still not sure how i feel about this... BUT as of June my car will be PAID OFF!!! :worship: YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Which means more money in the account which will turn into a couple of things.
1. Flying?
2. Adding days?
Not sure yet... this will be determined later!

Regardless i want to be in Disney around 8-9AM if driving... Plan on requesting early check in Building 1 Parking lot view. as you know NONE of my requests were granted last year so let's hope for some Pixi dust this year!!!

Once the luggage is dropped off maybe a bit to eat. we will head on over to where we left off:

Hollywood studios. I have a few re-do's of this park...
1. More Night shots of buildings. The neon lights are BEAUTIFUL and can photograph well...
2. More shots of Star tours. Night too..
SHOPPING.

Have early dinner at:
50s-prime-time-cafe-dining-review.jpg

Thank you google images.

HAVE A BLAST HERE!!! I am most excited for this then any of the other ADR's we have

Hopefully we will meet up with Suzi, D and Bradey at some point???

Might be able to make it until night.. might call it a early night from driving...

FP more the likely will be RnR plan on riding Star tours and ToT as many times as we can!

Characters!!! Need to meet the characters this time around too...

Stop every single PP we can and ask for as many Magic shots as possible.

This is plan for Nov 14... as i am sure it will change once i make ADR's it's what we are going for!

Although the Studios is not my favorite park, I do LOVE TOT and TSM. And your plans sound great. Be sure to try and to Characterpalooza...you'll meet some rare characters there.

Yep like Kathy said, do Characterpalooza! Go to Kenny the Pirates web site (I will send you an invite on Facebook). Pay for the membership (I think it's a one time fee of $3.99) and then add the web site to your phone. I used that app more than I used the Disney one when I was down there!!

I definitely love all of your plans, I know you will have a blast at 50s Prime Time!

Nevermind on the invite, I just saw you already like him on Facebook. I invited Kathy instead. :rotfl:

Yep like Kathy said, do Characterpalooza! Go to Kenny the Pirates web site (I will send you an invite on Facebook). Pay for the membership (I think it's a one time fee of $3.99) and then add the web site to your phone. I used that app more than I used the Disney one when I was down there!!

I definitely love all of your plans, I know you will have a blast at 50s Prime Time!

Nevermind on the invite, I just saw you already like him on Facebook. I invited Kathy instead. :rotfl:

Can you send me invite? I couldn't figure out how to pay the $3.99

Yesterday.
Received a call from school about Matt.. Again....
Last week i had a call about yet another bloody nose. It was a bad one. I guess another kid popped him while stretching or whatever. ( must note the other kid is a moron, PITA i know them well..) So they had to call me OK. ASk Matt you OK? Yes.. ok see you at 3 when you get out.

Back to yesterday.. Principle calls again says matt had another bloody nose starts to tell me this story then quits and said Ya know what i'll Matt tell you..
Ummm OK.
Matt get's on the phone..
Tells me about Milk-blood he swallowed some and now his belly is bothering him.. OK i can see that. Milk and blood is giving me a stomach ache.
Leave work pick up Matt and then tells me the real story.
At lunch Zack made Matt laugh while drinking milk which them came up his nose. Which triggered another bloody nose.. apparently he swallowed some of it.
We laughed.... YUCK! came home for about 20 minutes until we had to go right back to school to pick up the other two monsters!!!
Other then this it was a quiet night!

This last sunday my friend Chunk came by. Said to get my butt up we were going out shooting!!! YAY! I finally get to take the baby OUT!
I normally don't post my pictures without my logo. But honestly i am way to lazy to go back and add it So Don't steal them OK?

Chunk

So i am getting a hang of the new camera!!!

Tomorrow i will not be on.. I am taking the camera out again! Yep! taking the kids out of school and going to the field museum FINALLY!!!!

Although the Studios is not my favorite park, I do LOVE TOT and TSM. And your plans sound great. Be sure to try and to Characterpalooza...you'll meet some rare characters there.

YES! I am going to try for this! Meg was able to meet Mary Poppins and the penguin during the palooza last Sept.. I would love to try for MORE!!!

I do like him and i do have the app! But i didn't know about a paid Subscription?!?!

I CANNOT WAIT for 50's.. and all the shenanigans! BRING IT ON!!!

Glad you invited Kathy..

HA!!! Let's get this going!

Kathy, I sent you a invite to his Facebook page. I can't get on the website here at work (stupid computer thinks it's a game site) so I will look tonight and see if I can remember where I went to pay and I'll send you a direct link to that.

Back to the regularly scheduled PTR.......

Mo, those photos are beautiful! Cold looking but beautiful!

And poor Matt with milk coming out of his nose, yuck! :crazy2:

Have fun shooting tomorrow!

I do like him and i do have the app! But i didn't know about a paid Subscription?!?!

You can have the app without the subscription but it doesn't give you all of the info available. The characterpaloosa info is only available with the paid subscription. I'll send the link to both you and Kathy tonight.

This last sunday my friend Chunk came by. Said to get my butt up we were going out shooting!!! YAY! I finally get to take the baby OUT!
I normally don't post my pictures without my logo. But honestly i am way to lazy to go back and add it So Don't steal them OK?
I love the snowy shoreline. Where did you take these pictures?
I am taking the camera out again! Yep! taking the kids out of school and going to the field museum FINALLY!!!!
But sure to check out Monroe Harbor when you are shooting pictures. I walked there yesterday from the office and there was still ice in the harbor. If it hasn't melted in two days then it should look pretty cool.

You can have the app without the subscription but it doesn't give you all of the info available. The characterpaloosa info is only available with the paid subscription. I'll send the link to both you and Kathy tonight.

Thank you.

So exciting! We probably won't be getting back to DW for a couple of years but when we do it will be interesting to see where we stay. Doug and I are fine at Pop although someday I would LOVE to try Poly. But Abi wants to go back to Pop and Maddy really wants to go to Art of Animation!
So fun.
I think you made a good choice with your week. I think it was more crowded on our trip because of free dining but the second week we were there (the week you are going) was definitely a LOT less crowded than the week before.

sorry I have no idea how to quote just a section...

I think maybe????? You might have been there the week before us? :confused3 We were only there for 3 nights and two days before a cruise, sept 18-20

We did like the cars section quite a lot, we originally had booked Nemo but they were doing some weird unplanned maintenance of the Nemo buildings and we got the dreaded call a couple of weeks before hand that we couldn't stay in Nemo so Cars was actually our second choice...but we liked it. Didn't see any fireworks though from our room but we shut the parks down both days we were there. My poor kids got dragged from dawn to dusk since we only had two park days :rotfl2:

The rain only got to us on our MNSSHP night ( didn't get to see the headless horseman lead the parade cuz the route was wet) and then again on the 20th we did DHS early entry and it poured, like get out your Arc and row kind of pour until about 11:00 that day.

Great pictures Mo (as you know I voted for your picture in the contest). Have fun with the new camera taking pictures at the Museum with the kids.

Loving your photos, as always!

Have fun this weekend with the family and your new woobie.

Two twirling flower smilies and not one of a camera? Seriously guys,get it together. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter