• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We are checking in here in a couple days and I had some questions regarding arrival. We stayed here two years ago renting someone’s points and we checked in like normal, got our room keys, and skipped the “parking pass” aka timeshare presentation. No issues at all. But this year seems different. Im getting texts from the resort about checking in and needing info from all members in my party. Is the check in process different now?

We are checking in here in a couple days and I had some questions regarding arrival. We stayed here two years ago renting someone’s points and we checked in like normal, got our room keys, and skipped the “parking pass” aka timeshare presentation. No issues at all. But this year seems different. Im getting texts from the resort about checking in and needing info from all members in my party. Is the check in process different now?
I know when we stayed there earlier this year, I provided the names of everyone staying in the room. After the checkin process I had to go to the other desk to get wristbands which worked as room keys.

Anyone there this past week or so? We arrive Wednesday and am wondering if we need to bring our own inner tubes these days?

I was just there.
No you don’t need to bring your own as they have inner tubes to use for free.

First timer here. Any tips on the check in process? We have a party of seven coming and staying in one of the suites. Do they all need to be there at check in? Anyway to avoid the sales desk people?

First timer here. Any tips on the check in process? We have a party of seven coming and staying in one of the suites. Do they all need to be there at check in? Anyway to avoid the sales desk people?

Tell them no, and then no, and then no again. They even had the audacity to question me when I said my husband wasn't with me (legally can not attend without spouse) and questioned where my wedding band was (it was being resized...but really??????). They then started in on my 74 year old widowed mother. These people are ruthless...just don't engage and tell them you are not interested.

We checked in a couple days ago. Completely different experience than 2 years ago. This year they sent us to tower 6 to check in. Gave us our key and turned around to a desk filled with sales agents to get the wristbands. Now to be honest, we could’ve just skipped that part. We’ve been here 3 days and haven’t used them once. Our room key has worked for everything. I’m not sure why checkin was in tower 6, maybe they mix it up every day. Also for those wondering no you don’t need your whole party there at check in. The group ahead of us had 15 people in 4 separate rooms and only 4 of them were there checking in.

We checked in a couple days ago. Completely different experience than 2 years ago. This year they sent us to tower 6 to check in. Gave us our key and turned around to a desk filled with sales agents to get the wristbands. Now to be honest, we could’ve just skipped that part. We’ve been here 3 days and haven’t used them once. Our room key has worked for everything. I’m not sure why checkin was in tower 6, maybe they mix it up every day. Also for those wondering no you don’t need your whole party there at check in. The group ahead of us had 15 people in 4 separate rooms and only 4 of them were there checking in.

What do the wristbands give you access to that the room keys do not? Wondering if we can skip that whole dog and pony show with the sales agents.

We have stayed at Bonnet Creek many times and only one time we were assigned to tower 6. I also checked in at Tower 6 and was given my room key. We did not stay in a Presidential so maybe that is how Tower 6 residents have to check in? I do not remember there being sales agents there. Maybe there were and I avoided them, as we always do. Are the bands required at the pools?

What do the wristbands give you access to that the room keys do not? Wondering if we can skip that whole dog and pony show with the sales agents.
Are the bands required at the pools?
The wristbands are sort of like MBs. They will open the door to your room and the gate to the pools, but the room key will do the same thing. In March we received discounts at the WBC restaurants and store for wearing the wristbands, but they certainly weren't required for anything.

The wristbands are sort of like MBs. They will open the door to your room and the gate to the pools, but the room key will do the same thing. In March we received discounts at the WBC restaurants and store for wearing the wristbands, but they certainly weren't required for anything.

Perfect. Sounds like as long as I can get a few room keys we can skip the whole wrist band process. We dont have any plans to eat at any WBC restaurants. Maybe an afternoon or two at the pool.

They told us last Fall they were required to get into the pool. I never saw one person checking for wristbands at the pool so it was a lie. Shocking I know...

Always wanted to try Bonnet Creek for the location and cost factor. Look forward to diving into this thread to get everyone's take!

Always wanted to try Bonnet Creek for the location and cost factor. Look forward to diving into this thread to get everyone's take!
Well, it’s now at the top of our list for offsite timeshares when we’re out of DVC points! Stayed a week in March and have another booked for November. We always have a car, BTW.

Well, it’s now at the top of our list for offsite timeshares when we’re out of DVC points! Stayed a week in March and have another booked for November. We always have a car, BTW.

Yep, I figured I'd weigh out a rental car vs. Uber for cost and convenience. I've done both in the past.

Yep, I figured I'd weigh out a rental car vs. Uber for cost and convenience. I've done both in the past.
We have APs, so theme park parking doesn’t come into our calculations. It could make a big difference in deciding between rental car and rideshare if it did.

It will still of course be cheaper than an onsite Disney Hotel stay, but costs of WBC are likely to go up with Wyndham cracking down on owners renting lots of points as well as instituting a lot of owner only (or limited) blackout dates.

We have APs, so theme park parking doesn’t come into our calculations. It could make a big difference in deciding between rental car and rideshare if it did.

Thank you for reminding me about parking and having an AP. We have a rental car for trip at the end of the month. I am upgrading to an AP but was contemplating what day to do it. Guess I will do it day 1 so that I can get free parking for the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter