The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the feedback on Vacation Upgrades but they have no units available. We found a week on Redweek.com but again am not sure how safe that is. I contacted the owner and basically I need to pay then I will get the guest certificate. Very hesitant to do this. Looking for any feedback and /or suggestions from anyone that has used Redweek and also wondering if anyone knows of other places where we can book Bonnet Creek from that would not be as expensive as booking it directly. Thanks again!!

Anyone that you rent from will require you to pay before they give you the reservation info.

Ken at VU will generally offer to continue to search for you....if he didn't offer ask him to get in touch should any thing become available. He did that for me after I had booked and a friend wanted to change resorts and stay at WBC with us.

Also, I am a little nervous about the sales people. I have read a lot of reviews about this resort on other websites and that is the one complaint that keeps popping up. That the sales people can be very pushy and won't take no for an answer. How do others deal with this situation? I hate feeling pushed into something.:scared:

There is nothing to be nervous about. Just tell them you're not interested. Other strategies people use:
1. Just don't go to that desk to "pick up the parking pass."
2. Leave your spouse in the car and say they didn't accompany you; they need both of you for the contract.
3. Check off the lowest income level on the questionnaire.

I have reserved cabana 9 & 10 and I am wondering if anyone can tell me about the location or might have photos. We are traveling with my niece who will be just shy of 2 years old at time of travel. I was told that 9 & 10 would be good b/c they are near the zero entry part of the pool at Tower 6. DD10 and DS 7 will be swimming in the deeper water and hoping that I will still be able to see them. Looking for confirmation of the location and any other details that might be helpful from anyone who is familiar with the location of cabana 9 & 10. Thanks!

The trip is getting close enough to feel like it might actually happen at the end of all of this crazy snow!!! My city is within a couple inches of beating its all time snow record. Thankfully, I can go to the WBC photo thread to get a peek at the sunshine :thumbsup2

haPevraftr I have not heard about the cabanas would you mind telling me how one goes about reserving them? And what the cost is?

Sounds like a great idea for a pool day.

haPevraftr I have not heard about the cabanas would you mind telling me how one goes about reserving them? And what the cost is?

Sounds like a great idea for a pool day.

I called WBC and spoke to someone at the Tower 6 activities desk. I asked if there was availability for the dates that I would be there. There was and they were able to reserve 2 cabanas for me on a couple different days of the week that we will be there. We are there 3/28-4/4. The cost for the Sunday reservation was $29 for the day and the cost for a day on Mon-Thurs. is $19. I gave the woman on the phone my name and that was all that I needed to do to reserve the cabanas in advance.

I have to say that I was surprised that the cabanas were so cheap. I read other posts stating they were $50/day. You will need to check on the rates for the time that you are traveling.

Based on the photos that I saw in the WBC photo thread, the cabanas have 2 loungers, a fridge, a side table and chair, and a tv.

Hope this helps.

I called WBC and spoke to someone at the Tower 6 activities desk. I asked if there was availability for the dates that I would be there. There was and they were able to reserve 2 cabanas for me on a couple different days of the week that we will be there. We are there 3/28-4/4. The cost for the Sunday reservation was $29 for the day and the cost for a day on Mon-Thurs. is $19. I gave the woman on the phone my name and that was all that I needed to do to reserve the cabanas in advance.

I have to say that I was surprised that the cabanas were so cheap. I read other posts stating they were $50/day. You will need to check on the rates for the time that you are traveling.

Based on the photos that I saw in the WBC photo thread, the cabanas have 2 loungers, a fridge, a side table and chair, and a tv.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

We will be there the last week of August. I don't know what day we will do the pool but for $20 for a week day I would definitely get one.

Thanks carlbarry. That makes me feel a lot better knowing what to expect and how to deal with it going in. So can't wait for this vacation.

We booked at Bonnet Creek! We booked a 3-bedroom deluxe. Can anyone explain the difference between a deluxe and just a. 3-bedroom? They look the same to me and all look great! Thanks!

Any suggestions on what tower(s) to request? Would like to be able to see epcot fireworks from balcony but also want to be near the bigger pools with slides and lazy river. Any feedback is helpful as we have never stayed here. So excited! :yay:

We booked at Bonnet Creek! We booked a 3-bedroom deluxe. Can anyone explain the difference between a deluxe and just a. 3-bedroom? They look the same to me and all look great! Thanks!

The regular 3 bedroom is the deluxe. You are right that they are the same. The presidential are the upgraded rooms.

Any suggestions on what tower(s) to request? Would like to be able to see epcot fireworks from balcony but also want to be near the bigger pools with slides and lazy river. Any feedback is helpful as we have never stayed here. So excited! :yay:

We stayed in tower 5 10th floor with a parking lot view and had a perfect view of both wishes and illuminations. Right outside the door of tower 5 is the lazy river pool.

Hi everyone. First time posting on this thread. I have been creeping a little bit here and there. We are looking to be staying at Bonnet Creek in a 2 or 3 bedroom next February. I have a couple questions I was wondering if you could all help me answer. :)

Do we need to bring extra things like towels for showering there and everything or do they have plenty of those in the bathrooms?

Do we need to bring a sponge and dish detergent? What about laundry soap and dryer sheets? We will be staying for a week so I am just unsure as to what to expect.

I saw that the new transportation schedule is not very good for the parks but we will be renting a vehicle anyway.

Do you have to pay a housekeeping fee no matter what way you book? Just trying to cut all costs possible.

Thanks for your responses! :goodvibes

I thought a long time ago (maybe back on part 1) there was free transportation to the parks, but then I thought later I read there is a charge. We're looking at Bonnet Creek or Windsor Hills and this may be a big part in our decision.

I thought a long time ago (maybe back on part 1) there was free transportation to the parks, but then I thought later I read there is a charge. We're looking at Bonnet Creek or Windsor Hills and this may be a big part in our decision.

I originally thought that too. Then after seeing people post in here I realized that is not the case. :[ I am debating staying on site just so we don't have to worry about the cost of a rental car and parking. It's such a bummer.

This review was also posted on Trip Advisor. I'm reposting here because this thread heavily influenced our choosing Bonnet Creek. Thought I should contribute to the conversation.

Begin Review:

Caveat - We love Wyndham properties and, we want to love this one too. But, we're torn.

At check-in we had to play the "parking pass" game where had go from the check-in desk to the sales sharks to get a parking pass. I was ready for this and normally it wouldn't bug me much but, they really set me off. It's such a crappy first impression. It feels sleazy as they size you up and try to get you to a sales pitch. The part that pushed my buttons was that I had tired and hungry kids in the car and after traveling all day I just wanted to get checked in so I could get into the room and grab dinner. I refused to give my demographic information on their questionnaire but, Rosa just proceeded to try and tease it out of me through small talk. After 15 minutes of being polite I had to get rude and tell her I was done and needed to go - give me my parking pass. After that they left us alone and under different circumstances it wouldn't have been that frustrating. Wyndham should realize that this is a terrible way to make a first impression.

Our room was good when we checked in. In fine repair and pretty much as advertised. The grounds were nice, landscaping was nice and well maintained. We used the pools and the exercise facilities, all good. Ducks coming in off the lake to the pool area begging for food were cute at first but, quickly got as annoying as seagulls. The resort staff all around were friendly.

Here's where it gets tricky. On the morning of day three I was standing in the kitchen and had a mouse run from the cabinet under the sink into one of the bedrooms and under one of the beds. I didn't want to freak our kids out so, I discretely called the front desk and reported the problem. I let the guy I talked to know about the issue, that I found it unacceptable and disgusting, and that we were leaving for Disney for the day and they needed to come in and take care of the problem. He said he would get maintenance to come out "as soon as possible." We left for the day and I expected to have some sort of followup from the resort. We left the room about 7:00am.

We returned about 8:00pm. I expected to find a note, or a voicemail telling me that the issue had been taken care of. No such communication. I called the front desk again and there was general confusion. At first they said they had no notes telling them of an issue. Then, when I got really upset that they took NO action on a MOUSE in my room they "found" a note. The supervisor then said that he tried to call me a couple of times throughout the day (both in the unit and on my cell phone.) I find this extremely hard to believe as I used my phone all day and was waiting for an update. No call, no voicemail. It became clear they never sent anyone out to check on our issue - total dropped ball. The supervisor then said that our building was having "issues with the pipes" but, he couldn't tell me if that's why we had a mouse in our room or why they didn't come out earlier. I was so angry I could barely speak.

Here's how they resolved our issue - you can decide for yourself if this was enough. I'll be honest, I'm not sure. They offered to move us to a different room in a different tower and we agreed. So, at about 9pm with my kids in pajamas wanting to go to bed we packed up our entire unit - clothes, groceries, etc. and two bellhops came and moved our stuff from tower 2 to tower 3. They also provided $50 in resort credits for us to use. The room we moved into smelled really musty but we only had two nights to go so, we just sucked it up. And while the $50 bucks was a nice gesture it didn't even cover the cost of dinner. We ate at the pool bar (3 burgers, 1 pulled pork sliders, 1 chicken tenders, 2 sprites, 3 draft beers) The total was $85ish plus tip. So, the resort credit amounted to like a 50% discount on dinner. I'm still put off by their totally inept response to what I consider a pretty major issue. I understand that it could happen anywhere but, I really expected a response with some urgency. You might even think that someone would follow up the next day to make sure I was happy with the new room - nope, never heard from anyone.

And this highlights a bit of a problem with the Wyndham model. Because I rented my unit from an "owner" and not the resort directly I have very little recourse when there's an issue. Wyndham's got their money so, they have very little incentive to make sure I'm happy. I guess it's Buyer (renter) Beware.

Bottom line
Positives - Great location, good amenities, the burgers were excellent
Negative - A MOUSE, an underwhelming response to said mouse, and a musty replacement room
Time will tell if we ever try this property again. Time heals so, I suspect we will try it one more time because we really want to like it. It's got a lot going for it and we like other Wyndham properties. So, we'll see.

I originally thought that too. Then after seeing people post in here I realized that is not the case. :[ I am debating staying on site just so we don't have to worry about the cost of a rental car and parking. It's such a bummer.

Does anyone have the rates?

thanks for the feedback on Vacation Upgrades but they have no units available. We found a week on Redweek.com but again am not sure how safe that is. I contacted the owner and basically I need to pay then I will get the guest certificate. Very hesitant to do this. Looking for any feedback and /or suggestions from anyone that has used Redweek and also wondering if anyone knows of other places where we can book Bonnet Creek from that would not be as expensive as booking it directly. Thanks again!!

Be careful on redweek.com. There are some scam artists on there. I used Kevin Wiseman on there and he is legit. He has you put down $100 -$200 to secure your reservation and then sends you your certificates with the reservation in your name prior to you having to pay full balance. You can then call the resort and confirm your reservation before paying in full.

Hi everyone. First time posting on this thread. I have been creeping a little bit here and there. We are looking to be staying at Bonnet Creek in a 2 or 3 bedroom next February. I have a couple questions I was wondering if you could all help me answer. :)

Do we need to bring extra things like towels for showering there and everything or do they have plenty of those in the bathrooms?

Do we need to bring a sponge and dish detergent? What about laundry soap and dryer sheets? We will be staying for a week so I am just unsure as to what to expect.

I saw that the new transportation schedule is not very good for the parks but we will be renting a vehicle anyway.

Do you have to pay a housekeeping fee no matter what way you book? Just trying to cut all costs possible.

Thanks for your responses! :goodvibes

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2701195&page=11
Try this link to the WBC photo thread. Posts #160-161had photos of the contents of the kitchen and bath. Hopefully this will help you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter