• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Walt Disney World Annual Passes Open for Sale

After all the frustration of trying to get through all day I was told when I finally got someone I have to wait till I’m there because it’s linked to my resort reservation my existing tickets that is

I’m tempted to do the exact same thing. I’ve been switching a 4 day pass from 2020 for about 3 trips now. 🤷‍♀️

My wife and I decided this morning to do that - we each have 4 day dated park hoppers for our trip starting a week from this Friday- decided to just buy our two AP's and when we get to Disney see about either getting credited the 4 day park hoppers for later use or some other way to retain the value of them. So we are going on faith that we won't lose the money spent on those and can at least offset it elsewhere or save for future

- and on a side note - it boggle's my mind that Disney IT did not have a system ready to take our 4 day PH tickets and apply the value to the AP purchase - in our case we had split the 4 day PH into a separate purchase from our hotel reservations just for the ease of use against AP's - should have been as simple as selecting our ticket > change ticket > select our AP choice and pay the difference.

In a last ditch effort, I contacted the passholder line. I was on hold for approximately 20 min and I finally got someone that could help. She did need assistance from another area to upgrade the tickets but she took my info - email associated with MDE, ticket confirmation number, and found me in the system. She transferred me into the call back queue since she said the wait time otherwise was estimated at 92 min. So, I *should* be getting a call back to confirm that I wish to upgrade and to get my credit card info. Fingers crossed!

I came back from taking my daughter to the doctor, started calling again. Got the message that they weren't taking anymore calls today, and I lost it. After a few minutes of tears and pounding my pillow, I started calling again. Got through to somebody who first told me that disney will NOT sell out of passes, then said she couldn't help me with converting my tickets to passes. And why don't I wait until I've used up my tickets and then buy my pass? Uh, because I want to apply the cost of these tickets to the annual pass price, duh. And to call back tomorrow when it's not so crazy. So bottom line, I waited 4 hours and 45 minutes this morning, then another 15 or so, to not have an annual pass to my name. I am so beyond fed up with Disney at this point, and their whole call system. And this whole pass system. I hope those of you who are still waiting have better luck than I did.

I don't understand how many people are frantically calling today who do not have vacations planned in the immediate future. They're not "running out of" annual passes. Wait a few days for the craziness to die down like it always does.
I hope everyone interested is able to get them & they don’t actually stop sales due to demand. With the ‘limited availability’ wording, and a potential $5000 in savings over our trips next year by having AP’s, I know personally it wasn’t worth finding out the hard way that the demand was higher than expected. I can tell you that I didn’t anticipate waiting on hold for so long, but after awhile it seemed like a waste to hang up. Luckily I had a rare day without commitments to wait it out!

I was able to log into my DVC account. From there, I went to "Tickets" I was put in a "que" for about 10 minutes and then was able to purchase the Annual Pass. Was very easy to do . I believe there might also be a link from My Disney Experienc.e
One thing I am concerned about.....when I checked my newly purchased annual pass in My Disney Experience it said the
expiration date is Sept 7 2022. I am concerned that the pass might expire one year from date of purchase. If that is the case no sense buying an AP months before you need one.
However it might mean that I have to activate the pass by Sept 7 2022.
Use to be you could buy a pass and the year did not start until you used it the first day. Can anyone tell me if this has changed?
Thanks
Ed

Did you select the incredipass? As soon as I accepted that the next screen offered me the DVC option.
no I saw and selected the sorcerer pass. I was just wondering if I should see the other 2 also or just the 2 top tier ones. on the next screen it said for dvc members. ID required. But I could also click on show Florida resident passes and it allowed me to see those so I have no idea.

- and on a side note - it boggle's my mind that Disney IT did not have a system ready to take our 4 day PH tickets and apply the value to the AP purchase - in our case we had split the 4 day PH into a separate purchase from our hotel reservations just for the ease of use against AP's - should have been as simple as selecting our ticket > change ticket > select our AP choice and pay the difference.

Honestly, it would have boggled my mind if they DID have a system in place.

Use to be you could buy a pass and the year did not start until you used it the first day. Can anyone tell me if this has changed?
Thanks
Ed

many have said the the AP’s must be activated within a year from purchase now. It’s no longer an indefinite date. You will still have a year of use from the activation date.

many have said the the AP’s must be activated within a year from purchase now. It’s no longer an indefinite date. You will still have a year of use from the activation date.

I’m super confused by this. I made park reservations for a trip in November and my pass says it expires Sept 7, 2022. So did I activate it even w/o picking it up at will call?

ETA: found the answer elsewhere. Sounds like you have one year to activate a new pass, so that is the date showing.

Last edited:
I’m super confused by this. I made park reservations for a trip in November and my pass says it expires Sept 7, 2022. So did I activate it even w/o picking it up at will call?

ETA: found the answer elsewhere. Sounds like you have one year to activate a new pass, so that is the date showing.

Apologies if this is a silly question but how do you “activate” a pass? Is it just the first day on it that you tap in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter