The Walking Dead on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a divisive decision and will cause conflict back at the prison, but is the coming conflict reduced because the murderer isn't there to be punished? You could argue that she was defending herself and the rest, but it was a pretty cold-hearted action.

You'll notice, Carol didn't argue.

Rick saved Carol's life by making that executive decision.

That said, he's going to have a hard time explaining it to the group, whether he decides to lie or not.

I'm going to guess that Rick's going to get back to the prison and find out that 'someone' has continued to murder the sick, and realize that Carol was covering for Lizzie.

Another one here who just about fell off the couch over Rick's decision....

Carol has been with the group and proven herself to be a vital part over and over again since the beginning and Tyrese who just came back from the Govenor's "camp" seems like a psychological mess and I wouldn't trust him one bit.

The group will not be happy with what he has done and I do think they will go to try and find Carol----really wonder how over the top Darryl's reaction may be

Just a really, really bad/stupid decision on Rick's part.

On another note, The Talking Dead, I really enjoyed Chris Jericho tonight what a breath of fresh air after Manson last week (creeeepy!)

I'm going to guess that Rick's going to get back to the prison and find out that 'someone' has continued to murder the sick, and realize that Carol was covering for Lizzie.

I don't know about this. I really felt like Carol owned it in that episode, and she didn't apologize for it, which is what made it so cold. She did what needed to be done for the safety of the group

I wonder where she is going. Wouldn't you just stay in that house? There was fresh food (for awhile atleast?) and there didn't seem to be too many walkers.
Granted, it wasn't secure, but is she really going to find something better?

Lizzie sure didn't look sick. When the others first showed symptoms, they looked like they had the flu: sweaty, pale etc. She must be faking as is thought here.

I didn't get to watch Talking Dead as I had to leave for work.

My theory is that Rick realizes that morality is leaning too far off center and that Carol has gone over the edge. If it wasn't Karen, it was the two young people last night. That pushed her over.

I think he did the most humane thing he could do. Tyreese would likely kill her. Then Daryl would kill him and then ... oh, wait. No one would kill Daryl.

Anyway, he saved at least two lives.

I am really thinking she actually did it, even though I really didn't want her to. Her conversation with Lizzie was very odd. With Rick, I was waiting for her to say they had both already died, or were both already bleeding from their eyes, or something, to further justify. Then they had a such a sweet conversation about the pancakes, then boom, you're gone!
And Bob sure picked the wrong person to tick off! It's been a long time since Daryl has threatened someone. I'm guessing that that incident is not going to put him in a very good mood for the ride back, to find out what Rick did.
Tyreese is just bonkers. I thought after last week, he had snapped out of it, but clearly not.

OMG I was shocked at Ricks decision. I wonder if that's why he went with Carol, so he could leave her. I am curious to what he will tell the group. If he lies, he is no better than Carol since he was not willing to lie to the group to cover for her. She even said to rick, "no one has to know" and Rick was all, "well we have to tell the truth." Not sure if Rick had any right to make that call, but he did. It was all so civil! Carol was so accepting. Can't wait to see what happens.

I just hated last night's episode. I can't really explain why. I guess because it's looking like Carol really did kill those two, and it's making any chance of Carol and Daryl getting together and finding a little bit of happiness pretty impossible.

I guess the more crazy and hardened everyone is getting, the less I'm able to care for/relate to them. I know that's the point of the show--people losing their humanity . . . but it's difficult to watch.

Ginny Favers said:
I just hated last night's episode. I can't really explain why. I guess because it's looking like Carol really did kill those two, and it's making any chance of Carol and Daryl getting together and finding a little bit of happiness pretty impossible.

I guess the more crazy and hardened everyone is getting, the less I'm able to care for/relate to them. I know that's the point of the show--people losing their humanity . . . but it's difficult to watch.

I never got the Carol and Daryl angle. They had zero chemistry together.

The whole time I was watching that episode I was expecting Rick to execute her, I was surprised he let her go and that she took it so well.

I agree.
And although I understand Rick's decision, I just don't agree with it. I mean, didn't his own son kill someone in cold blood? :confused3

It'll be interestin to see how this all pans out over the season. And that conversation with Carol and Lizzie was strange. I thought Lizzie was supposed to be sick. But she didn't look like she was sick during that convo. :confused:

I'm almost hoping for that. I hate this abrupt about-face in Carol's character. It feels out of the blue and more than a little unbelievable. And it seemed like they could have been foreshadowing that a bit in the last two weeks - Rick noticing the small/low handprint, the missing knife from Carol's set, etc.

I don't know about this. I really felt like Carol owned it in that episode, and she didn't apologize for it, which is what made it so cold. She did what needed to be done for the safety of the group

Or maybe what made her able to be so cold is that she wasn't actually there/didn't do it. I might be able to buy her doing it but if she did I think given everything we know about her character thus far she'd have been upset by it. It is the detachment that just doesn't seem to ring true.

I never got the Carol/Daryl thing, but I had a hard time with last night's episode too. This "new" Carol just isn't believable, in my opinion. Nothing about it really rang true, not her calm description of killing people that she'd cared for, not Rick taking her punishment into his own hands after abdicating all leadership for so long, and not Carol calmly driving off into the sunset to her own death or worse.

I think if Carol would of shown some compassion about the girl Ana that was eaten by the walkers it could of went another way. BUT she really is acting like Rick...the hitchhiker. He didn't want anyone from the outside in the group and now she is doing the same thing.

Good point that Carl aslo killed someone in cold blood, but I guess Rick can justify that by saying that kid was not one of them. Not that I agree with that, but I could see him saying that.

I also thought Lizzie didn't look as sick, but Herschel was giving them all the elderberry, or whatever he picked, that is supposed to lessen the symptoms, so maybe that helped.

Sorry, I think Daryl and Carol have awesome chemistry! I love it when they are together on screen, they play off each other very well, and she brings out the awkwardness in him even more :).

I can see Carol killing the two sick people to protect the group, but I can also see her covering for one of the kids. I was also surprised that she didn't stay in that neighborhood. She could have easily set up camp there.

I was waiting for Daryl to toss Bob off the roof to the walkers when he found the whiskey!

I'm almost hoping for that. I hate this abrupt about-face in Carol's character. It feels out of the blue and more than a little unbelievable. And it seemed like they could have been foreshadowing that a bit in the last two weeks - Rick noticing the small/low handprint, the missing knife from Carol's set, etc.

I thought that missing knife is the one that got stuck in the zombie's head when she was fixing the water supply. A favorite that she usually carried and, doubtless in Rick's mind, used to kill Karen and David.

When I saw Rick looking at that handprint, I immediately thought of Carol. All of her talk about strength, teaching the kids how to defend themselves, that weird scene when Lizzie and Mika's father died-yelling at Lizzie to shove a knife into her daddy's head, what!?! The print was a bit smaller than Rick's , so a woman, and was low because she was bent over, dragging the bodies. I don't think a child did it, but I could be very wrong!

I love this season. But then, I think sociopathy and pathological behavior is interesting, as well as looking at what forces can push people to that edge. Survival is her #1 concern and she's acting accordingly.

If there comes a point where we find out that one of the girls did kill those two, what then?? Send them out on their own, put them in a cell??
I think Rick will tell the truth when he get's back and Daryl will go after her. (I hope) or she will find her way back, I think she is too attached to those girls to just leave them.
I thought Daryl was gonna toss that guy down to the walkers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter