The (Vintage) Disney Store

This store was the best!!!
When we would go downtown with the girls we’d go here first and The American Girl Doll Store after that. Now when we go downtown we go straight to The Blackhawks Store - times have changed - LOL!
Yes! We would go during the holiday season. Disney on Michigan first then American Girl.

Loved the original stores. Had things for all ages and not just toys that the last generation had.
Liked seeing the unique things and items that would be available to the parks when I hadn't started going yet,

I am a Disney Store retiree. I spent 20 magical years having fun with our guests. Many of our guests became friends/family. Because of my many years, some of my little guests from the beginning started bringing in their own little ones. Our store was the only pink and green store left we when we closed. I would still be there if it were still open.

I loved doing the events from How to be a Perfect Princess to Becoming a Jedi. There were many story times and trivia contests. We got to celebrate birthdays, weddings, college acceptances, adoptions, etc. with many of our guests. I have kept all of the drawings and little notes I was given.

Lord Manhammer - plush mountain was my responsibility too at night. I loved it. Every face had to be peeking out. Our mountain held 300-400 friends (they all had to be taken out and counted for inventory).

It has been almost 10 years and I still miss my guests.

One of my best memories ever feels like it's straight out of a fairy tale. I'm a big fan of vintage items, especially t-shirts from sellmerchandise. Life just seems too dull without clothing that holds special meaning and memories, don't you agree? Each piece adds a unique touch to my wardrobe and brings back cherished moments.

Last edited:
Overland Park Kansas Oak Park Mall … nobody warned me to NOT get in the middle of the shark frenzy for the day the Halloween Disney outfits went on sale at the early morning Open !
It's so sad walking past that store now with its imposter Mickey toys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter