The Updated and All-Inclusive Costume Thread

I'm not creative and I'm looking for some ideas. I tested one of my Cinderella costumes yesterday, and it went great. My mom suggested I need to incorporate the mice somehow. I found a Suzy pin on Etsy that I've ordered, and I'm trying to figure out how to get Jacques and GusGus. Since this costume will probably be for the half, there's no way I can do Mickey ears for that long.
Granted it was for a 10k not a half but I had some “vintage” beanie babies of Gus & Jaq that I took a large safety pin to attach them at the ears and carried them lots of compliments

I just saw this picture on Facebook, and now I want to try to add clips to the Remy plushie to hold on to my son’s hair! Not sure if it’ll come through the hat though…

View attachment 870572

If you put something in the hair to make it less transparent (like a piece of foam in the same shape), then you could block the light. You'd want to back light it I think, because I'm not sure the shadow would cast in all directions as easily. I'd say it's plausible, and a pretty cool idea.

I'm not creative and I'm looking for some ideas. I tested one of my Cinderella costumes yesterday, and it went great. My mom suggested I need to incorporate the mice somehow. I found a Suzy pin on Etsy that I've ordered, and I'm trying to figure out how to get Jacques and GusGus. Since this costume will probably be for the half, there's no way I can do Mickey ears for that long.

Did you ever wear one of those bicep arm bands to carry a phone? If you could tolerate it, then could you rig something up with a small plush that makes it look like they're working on your dress?

Alternatively something around the waist if it doesn't bother you too much with the same concept.

If you put something in the hair to make it less transparent (like a piece of foam in the same shape), then you could block the light. You'd want to back light it I think, because I'm not sure the shadow would cast in all directions as easily. I'd say it's plausible, and a pretty cool idea.
Oh that's a great idea! Once I'm done with end of school sewing for teacher gifts, I'm going to get started on costume sewing.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest