The Unofficial STROLLER Thread

I have both the Joovy and the babytrend sit and stand models- I have used them both on WDW trips. The Joovy is shorter and lighter- the Bbaytrend is easier to steer- and the canopy is better and there is more room in the back The joovy folds easier, but both are great strollers. For Disney I like the baby trend better- our kids are 27 pounds (3 years old) and 47 pounds (5 1/2 years old) and the baby trend seems to hold the weight better.

I got my single quest for around $110 which I know is not under 50 but maybe you could try ebay or craigs list? I managed to get a twin traveller for $60 on ebay.
Thanks for the info on the 5-6y old - I guess if my son will be 6 then my DD will be 4 and so she may not fit in the rear seat so I'll have to stick to my bob hummer sized stroller...I also read something kinda scary but I know this could probably happen to any stroller that folds and not just the P&T so I'm posting this just to warn all of us to be careful when unfolding or opening/closing strollers....http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle.aspx?id=106260&catId=100570&tid=100011

Joovy groove or mac Quest?? I have not seen the groove in person, but have seen the quest and really like it. I like the looks of the groove especially the extra large hood. Anyone with opinions on both or have been able to compare them? What are your likes/dislikes of either? does the groove fold up as small as the quest?

We are planning a Disneyland trip in June and had looked for an umbrella stroller for our nearly 2-year old for quite a while before deciding on the Evenflo XSport Plus. The "Plus" gives you adjustable handles to make them longer and I think an additional zippered storage area on the handles. Otherwise both models are great for maneuverability, storage, comfort and ease of use.

It folds up like a normal umbrella stroller but the back X design allows really easy access to the under storage area. You can also get to it from the front of the seat. Storage was a big deal for us since our stroller on a previous trip to WDW was a Graco double stroller that held our entire world for the trip. And with four kids 7, 6, 4 and 1 1/2 storage is essential.

We didn't want to spend too much for a stroller but definitely wanted something that would work for what we needed and we found it in this stroller. The only thing we didn't get was a reclining seat but our little one has found it easy to fall asleep and she seems quite comfortable while we're out and about.

We found the regular model in store at Wal-Mart but only found the Plus model on-line at Target, Amazon.com, Burlington Coat Factory and a few other sites. Price is $29.99 to $39.99.

I just got the Zooper Twist today and so far Im in LOVE. The canopy is a million times better than any Mac I saw. It holds up to 55 lbs and pushes great.

Thanks, I will do that. It seems the 2006 models are still 40 lbs and 2007 has the jump to 55 at least from my initial searching- but you're right, someone could just be copying old information.

Are there any other strollers comparable to a Volo in price and style that have a weight limit of 55 lbs?

I have a 2005 Volo and it's 55 lbs.

MIA MODA SPIRITO

Just bought this stroller and It's very nice. I went from a combi which always felt wobbly to me due to the folding handle. I highly recommend this stroller. It's super light and my daughter loves it. Super easy to maneuver and the price was right. Although the seat does recline, it's only a few inches, but still enough for her to sleep comfortably.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/albee-baby_1999_15145537

Strong lightweight aluminum frame
Adjustable seat recline
All-wheel suspension
Easy front access to storage basket
Parent and child cup holders
5-point harness
Ergonomic handle grips
Easy trigger-fold system
Shoulder strap for easy carrying
Compact umbrella fold

MIA MODA SPIRITO

Just bought this stroller and It's very nice. I went from a combi which always felt wobbly to me due to the folding handle. I highly recommend this stroller. It's super light and my daughter loves it. Super easy to maneuver and the price was right. Although the seat does recline, it's only a few inches, but still enough for her to sleep comfortably.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/albee-baby_1999_15145537

Strong lightweight aluminum frame
Adjustable seat recline
All-wheel suspension
Easy front access to storage basket
Parent and child cup holders
5-point harness
Ergonomic handle grips
Easy trigger-fold system
Shoulder strap for easy carrying
Compact umbrella fold

Ditto....we have this stroller and it's a great umbrella stroller - folds easily and very lightweight! :thumbsup2

I really really really want a Phil & Ted's! I just don't know how to convince DH to let me get one. Right now we are using a Mac Twin Techno and it's been great but I just love the Phil & Ted's. Do you think it would work for us with our DS 38 lbs and DS 20 lbs? Our DS that is 38 lbs is 41 or 42 inches, do you think he would be too tall for it?

Also, how easy and quick is it to fold up? We will be using Disney transportation the entire time. Is it easy to get on and off the bus with?

gosh, I'm so torn on taking my P&T also! I would be heartbroken if anything happened to it! If you're flying = would you gate check it?

When we flew last year to the world I kept the stollers with me so I would have them as soon as we got off the plane. Yes check them at the gate!!

did you use a stroller bag to check it? It's going to cost extra to bring the stroller since the airlines are only allowing one bag now :rolleyes:

I really really really want a Phil & Ted's! I just don't know how to convince DH to let me get one. Right now we are using a Mac Twin Techno and it's been great but I just love the Phil & Ted's. Do you think it would work for us with our DS 38 lbs and DS 20 lbs? Our DS that is 38 lbs is 41 or 42 inches, do you think he would be too tall for it?

Also, how easy and quick is it to fold up? We will be using Disney transportation the entire time. Is it easy to get on and off the bus with?

You may be able to find the 2007 models a lot cheaper now since the new 2008 models have now come out. Many internet companies also offer the double attachment free when you buy the stroller....so really search out there! I've even seen some good deals on Ebay! I think your kids will fit fine - it is a very roomy stroller. :thumbsup2 It really feels like you are pushing a regular stroller even with the double attachment!

That being said...it's not the easiest stroller to fold up quickly. It doesn't really stay "locked" in the folded position...and the big wheels are somewhat cumbersome. It does get pretty flat, though. And, with the 2007 models (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but I think you have to de-tach the double buggy part before you can fold it up. With the 2008 model (The Vibe) you can fold it up with with double buggy still attached.
gosh, I'm so torn on taking my P&T also! I would be heartbroken if anything happened to it! If you're flying = would you gate check it?

I think there are pro's and con's to checking it with luggage, and having them take it at the gate. I feel like checking it with the luggage gives more opportunity for someone to steal it (out in the back, loading it on the plane, waiting for it down on the luggage coral with it going around in front of everyone). But, I feel like checking it would be the easiest. Bringing it to the gate....you know you won't lose it - they will take it right before you sit and then it will be waiting for you when you get off the plane, right at the ramp. I think it could get a little bumped and bruised since you probably wouldn't be putting it in the travel bag. Tough decision.

If it were me....I think I would just check-it. If anything happened to it or it got stollen, most airlines are pretty decent about replacement costs. AND I would think about the fact that I have to bring my carseat to the gate as well...and we usually just put Brady in it and roll it with that adapter-thing...so bringing the stroller all the way to the gate would just be another thing to truck through security. ;)

ETA: Even though most airlines are only letting you bring one piece of luggage, if you buy your child a seat, the stroller could be their piece of luggage if you wanted to check it.

I've got a 2 year and an almost 4 year old and we just outgrew our Mac Twin Traveller so I am looking into our next stroller purchase.

Where would I find a stroller clip to attach two Volos together? How well does the clip work? Am I better off keeping them seperate?

How heavy of a kid have you put on a Joovy/Sit&Stand? DS #1 is already at 40 pounds and that is the max, or close to the max on these. I hate to push a stroller past its max and break it right from the word go!

one more question, I promise, LOL!

Would the P&T fit in this bag???

http://www.target.com/Dreamer-Desig...field-browse=162656011&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=2

I think it would fit....the back wheels may be a problem. The P&T one we use lets the back wheels hang out.... You may have to remove all the wheels for the bag you are looking at, which could be a PITA. The P&T one is around the same price...just "froogle" it or look on Ebay.

yhst-54440449668440_1998_2537008

We are planning a Disneyland trip in June and had looked for an umbrella stroller for our nearly 2-year old for quite a while before deciding on the Evenflo XSport Plus. The "Plus" gives you adjustable handles to make them longer and I think an additional zippered storage area on the handles. Otherwise both models are great for maneuverability, storage, comfort and ease of use.

Interesting, I may need to check this one out.

Does any more suggestions for parents who are taller.

I think it would fit....the back wheels may be a problem. The P&T one we use lets the back wheels hang out.... You may have to remove all the wheels for the bag you are looking at, which could be a PITA. The P&T one is around the same price...just "froogle" it or look on Ebay.

yhst-54440449668440_1998_2537008

Hmm, reading about P&T one, it tells you to take the wheels off last minute and pack them into the bag...

I found the other one for $27 ;)

Hmmmmmmm.

Do you have a drink holder for your P&T?

I think I have DH convinced that we will need 2 umbrella-type strollers for our trip. We have decided on the Mac Volo since we were able to try them with our kids in them at BRU. We are now wondering if there is a possibility to clip them together to make them more like a double stroller. I have not had good luck in my googling. Has anyone ever done this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter