The ultimate budget trip to WDW!! Pre-trip report for May 2010

YAY for the Ohana reservation!!! That's so great!

Have a safe drive and a fabulous trip! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

Yay! We are almost there! I'm so happy you get to go to Ohana! That's great! I hope your daughter gets to spend some time with Stitch~!!

LOVE this TR!!!

We're heading down on a budget trip in August and while we have 4 park days, I am considering staying a few days longer to pack in all the budget/free things you can do too! (edited to add that the hotel is free w/ points!)

I have copied and pasted your resort/akl/poly day and think that sounds FAB!!!

I'm subbing to see all the magic that unfolds for you and your family and to learn even more! :thumbsup2

Thank you for the good wishes, everyone! I'm just waiting for the kids to finish getting ready and then we are getting on the road. :goodvibes

Should be a nice drive today, except maybe TN (they are expecting severe weather later). Hopefully we don't drive through anything too bad.

I'll be back in 8 days to start the TR!! :woohoo:

I just found your trip report and realized I was reading it as you are packing up and heading out. Good luck with the driving- I am sure you are going to have an amazing vacation! DD and I are booked on free dining for August, but having looked over your plans is making me think I should check out offsite hotels, rental car, etc and see if I can "save" any money too. We rarely stay onsite but chose to this time for "free" dining (if you don't count the upgrade for ts!), but maybe I need to rethink the whole deal. Anyhow, have a great trip!!

I'll see you at Disney World~! Hopefully the weather clears up by the time we get there!!!! I can't wait!:rotfl:

Just popping in really quick to say that we are back, we had a fabulous time and I'll get started on the TR this week! :thumbsup2

A few quick thoughts:

LOVED :lovestruc Seralago! Will definitely go back!

Will NEVER, EVER stay at a Howard Johnson again :sad2: ~ I'm sure there are some decent ones out there but it wasn't worth the $50 savings to deal with what we had to (you'll hear more about this in the TR).

Had an absolute riot at Blizzard Beach ~ I am typically not a pool person, but I still can't get over how much fun BB was!!

Lots more to tell you guys, but I have to get my house in order and do some grocery shopping ~ real life beckons. :upsidedow

Welcome back! Even though it stinks that you had a bad Howard Johnson experience, those experiences do make for good TR stories afterwards, haha.

Yay I'm glad your back! I hope the trip was fun! I totally forgot my Stitch ears and only realized that when I was on the plane! However we were the lucky ones to be on Splash Mountain at MK when the rain came in right after lunch. It was awful. We went back to the hotel pretty early that day. We may have seen each other that day and not even known it now!

Welcome back! Even though it stinks that you had a bad Howard Johnson experience, those experiences do make for good TR stories afterwards, haha.

LOL, yep, it will add some drama to the report for sure! ;)

Yay I'm glad your back! I hope the trip was fun! I totally forgot my Stitch ears and only realized that when I was on the plane! However we were the lucky ones to be on Splash Mountain at MK when the rain came in right after lunch. It was awful. We went back to the hotel pretty early that day. We may have seen each other that day and not even known it now!

That rain was crazy! We were over by Casey's when I saw the black clouds coming in and we made a run for it over to Tomorrowland. I knew Carousel of Progress was open so we ran up to it and got in just as the wind started blowing really badly. The CM looked out the door and asked everyone to please stay put ~ by the time the ride was done, it has passed, thank goodness.

That stinks that we never ran into each other but I hope you guys had a great trip, too! :)

Besides that one rainy day at MK the other days were great! I think next time we go I want to just hit the water parks and US. I've never been to any of those. So maybe if I'm inclined to go again and money isn't tight we might go. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter