The scariest ride you ever rode in disney world

Since you will never get me on Summit Plummet I'd say it's Tower of Terror. I fall apart when I'm on it and then laugh all the way back to get in line again!

Expedition Everest
What scared me was the backwards section in the dark. It felt like we were in a backwards, upside down loop. That left me shaking. I loved the rest of the ride though.

DH says nothing is scary at wdw. If he had to pick he would say ToT.

I say the same thing, ToT with the take-off on RnR a close second.

Eta: He did Summit Plummet and said that was the most intimidating to do, but after you do it it's not that bad at all. I personally refused to do it, it was terrifying to me.

Love TOT...but totally understand everyone who can't do it!! I get seriously nervous every time but I love it!!!

He did Summit Plummet and said that was the most intimidating to do, but after you do it it's not that bad at all. I personally refused to do it, it was terrifying to me.

Agree!!! Summit Plummet the actual going down is AWESOME!!! It's the anticipation!!

M:S (either one) I will never do!! I've heard too much about being in a tight space and enclosed spaces gives me severe panic attacks!!!

The old alien encounter scared the crap out of me. I had my eyes shut and my hands over my ears the whole time! And it still got me!

Ok I heard a lot about alien encounters being so scary... Is it the one with the stich on it? Cuz if it is I rode it before and it's only scary when stich escape and that's not so severe... So why is it very scary?

Ok I heard a lot about alien encounters being so scary... Is it the one with the stich on it? Cuz if it is I rode it before and it's only scary when stich escape and that's not so severe... So why is it very scary?

It used to be much different. It was super scary with a giant, evil looking, meat eating alien breaking free. He then stomped around on your shoulders, breathed in your ear, and you had "blood" spattered on your face. It was pretty traumatizing for some people.

I had my pants scared off, and LOVED it. I wanted to ride it over and over.

It used to be much different. It was super scary with a giant, evil looking, meat eating alien breaking free. He then stomped around on your shoulders, breathed in your ear, and you had "blood" spattered on your face. It was pretty traumatizing for some people.

I'll add that once the alien (as in Alien) escaped, it was pure darkness except for occasional strobe lights. So darkness combined with directed sound effects, water sprays, a tongue flipping in your hair, and a wound up imagination added up to a serious realistic effect. Just stand at the exit and watch all the children come out crying along with most of the teenagers and a fair number of adults. The teens and adults knew it was fake and many still couldn't keep it together. It was that good.

Knowing what I know now, I would say Living with the Land ranks up there with how much it promotes GMOs.

I'll add that once the alien (as in Alien) escaped, it was pure darkness except for occasional strobe lights. So darkness combined with directed sound effects, water sprays, a tongue flipping in your hair, and a wound up imagination added up to a serious realistic effect. Just stand at the exit and watch all the children come out crying along with most of the teenagers and a fair number of adults. The teens and adults knew it was fake and many still couldn't keep it together. It was that good.

So is that the reason why they change it now? Cuz it's too scary

BLOOD SPATTERED!?!?!?! Seriously??????

Oh my gosh! I had completely forgotten about the alien ride! I remember being taken on it when I was a little girl and it scarpered bejesus out of me! As a previous poster said I would sit there with my eyes closed and hand over my red and still be sobbing at the end! Ah brings back some memories! :D

BLOOD SPATTERED!?!?!?! Seriously??????

"A towering, winged and carnivorous alien is beamed into the tube by mistake, as chaos and confusion ensue and the technicians panic. The creature quickly escapes, however, as intermittent darkness and flashes of light reveal the shattered and empty teleportation tube. A power outage then plunges the chamber into total darkness as guests sit helplessly restrained in their seats. A maintenance worker is mauled and as the Alien's shrieks resound throughout the room, a spray of fluid flies out into the audience hitting the guests' faces. The fluid (which was actually water) was presumably saliva of the escaped Alien creature, but since it is never officially specified, it is left open to the audience's individual interpretations and imaginations. Other common interpretations include blood from the mauled staff member, or snot from the Alien creature. After the spray of fluid, the guests feel their seats rumble and shake as the Alien makes its way swiftly through the crowd, during which time the guests also feel the "breath" of the Alien on the back of their necks."

I was 10 and it was terrifying and amazing. But, I wasn't your typical kid. I loved movies like Jurassic Park and scary things. To this day I love going in super scary haunted houses and watching a good horror film.

Expedition Everest! I was so scared I was screaming that I was definitely going to die! I came off SHAKING! lol needless to say that was the one and ONLY time for me for a while. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter