The return of annual passes

Someone just texted me link that seems to indicate annual prices will have limited number available for sale (not sure I can say name of other blog here). Has anyone heard anything similar to this as part of any announcement?
Yes, the website basically says as long as they’re limiting attendance that APs may not always be for sale.

anyone know what happens if you have a gold voucher, does it transfer over to this system or you get same benefits of the gold pass once you use it for that year?
My worry... People have a voucher for GOLD, SILVER.... but Disney does not sell those anymore. You would need to apply that money to PIXIE, PIRATE.

My worry... People have a voucher for GOLD, SILVER.... but Disney does not sell those anymore. You would need to apply that money to PIXIE, PIRATE.

They won't make you pay more if you hold a voucher. You will be given the closest equivalent

I wonder what this will mean for those of us who have vouchers for the old APs?
Wondering the same thing. Hoping that means I'll have one more year of MM, and they won't be taking away some of my park reservations for my next trip since it's more than 5 days.
anyone know what happens if you have a gold voucher, does it transfer over to this system or you get same benefits of the gold pass once you use it for that year?
Wondering the same thing
I have two unused Platinum AP vouchers that I bought specifically because it made sense financially when adding the memory maker (considering we would go for 2x 3-4 days a year and one quick 1-2 day trip and I love Photopass)
Now will I have to pay extra to get the Memory maker? That would be disappointing

We paid about $850 per person (4*850 = 3400) in 2018, that included memory maker. to get the same pass just a few years later, we're looking at about $1900 in increased cost if you add in memory maker.

It's comical, its not even sad anymore.

I was comparing it to prices before they stopped AP sales, but yes, it's a lot more money than it use to be. I too paid $850 for the voucher I have that includes MM (hope it still does) and as I recall, that was just before the big price hike they had- it's why I bought vouchers then. I didn't need an AP but I bought it at Sam's right after the price increase. I had never planned on not activating it for this long, but Covid had other plans and here I sit with a voucher and no idea when and if I'll ever use it.

Wondering the same thing
I have two unused Platinum AP vouchers that I bought specifically because it made sense financially when adding the memory maker (considering we would go for 2x 3-4 days a year and one quick 1-2 day trip and I love Photopass)
Now will I have to pay extra to get the Memory maker? That would be disappointing

My voucher includes memory maker as well and I can't imagine it's not going to be honored as that- either that, or they'd have to adjust the price and that makes no sense either.

How does it work if you have a resort only reservation and only one person in the room (the reservee) has an AP when it comes to DDP? In the past, we'd do the room only reservations, but we all had APs, so could add DDP if we wanted. What if the room has a mix of AP and Tickets? I know this might change going forward - but does anyone have experience with how it worked in the past?
Doesn't matter. I have booked many room only reservations (split stays) and have added the dining plan but never had an annual pass. You just need to call to make it a "ticketless pkg"

So I’m not pleased as a silver pass holder and a teacher. We always went on the weekends and skipped summer. I saw that you don’t have to upgrade until it’s time to renew.
My silver I can renew now. Does that mean I can lock it in for another year? My daughter’s pass is up for renewal in Feb. I wonder if I still have access to the weekends. I’m wondering if I should renew my silver ASAP. Anyone else?

I would renew in your case, if you can now. I also skip summer, so have the same complaint. It's more expensive to not go, when I wouldn't have gone before :P

FL residents are getting the stick here, but for out of town guests $100 isn't a huge difference.
Actually, for Weekday Select passholders it's pretty reasonable. It's $30 more, and now includes the entire summer, although I think there are more holiday weekend blockouts. I can live with that. My main concern, that parking might be eliminated, has been assuaged.

The big unknown is Genie+. Will that eventually be available as an add-on, and will it be $100 a year like the other add-ons?

We will save $2,500 in ticket costs over the next 3 scheduled trips with the Sorcerer's pass (DVC) and we will be able to go to the parks more days over those same trips. Its going to work well for us.

uh- how ? You used to be able to get the Gold Pass, for $150 cheaper, actually almost $200 cheaper, and it included memory maker/photopass. So, how is this going to save you money ?

I'm also holding 2 Gold AP certificates. I wonder if when I activate I will be given Gold benefits (blackout dates & MM) or Sorcerer. I'm fine with blackouts either way, but the MM would be nice.

I know in the past if you had a voucher and prices increased, you were locked in at the rate you paid. I hope that is the same here.

Actually, for Weekday Select passholders it's pretty reasonable. It's $30 more, and now includes the entire summer, although I think there are more holiday weekend blockouts. I can live with that. My main concern, that parking might be eliminated, has been assuaged.

The big unknown is Genie+. Will that eventually be available as an add-on, and will it be $100 a year like the other add-ons?
My thought is they will wait to see how many annual pass holders add on day genie plus regularly and do math to see if they make more offering a bulk deal. If they feel they can do that without negatively impacting price they can sell to fat guests I assume it will be offered in the future (Disney won’t leave money on the table).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter