The Rain is Insane...

Well, this should make those in Sassagoula River Rain Watch happy! Hope there’s enough rainfall to get the boats running again. As for rain tips, wear a ball cap under your poncho to keep the rain off your face. Be lreparr d to freeze when you go in the a/c😁
Looks like you nailed it! I read that the boats are operational again.

If it is just rain, hit the water parks. Our best day ever was me and the twins at Typhoon lagoon in the rain. I think every lifeguard knew our names by the end of the day because there was like 50 people at the park. It would rain lightly for most of the time and pour at other times but we loved it. Remember treading water in a downpour at the wave pool laughing our heads off. Was one of those never dreamed I would ever be doing this days. Rain made the pool water feel warmer.

We lucked out and most of the rain happened during our breaks/meals and it seems the biggest downpour we witnessed (Saturday night) we were safely tucked away at Homecoming for the duration.

Another tip. - don't plan on having any forewarning that the rain is going to hit!

When we used a stroller, I used to start covering it with the rain poncho in stroller parking once noon hit (Aug and Sep trips) as the first few trips we'd come out of an attraction to bright blue skies but in the amount of time it had taken us to wait in line and ride, the heavens had opened and everything in the stroller was SOAKED!! You'd think I would have learned the first time but it's safe to say I was a pretty slow learner and lulled by the bright blue skies.

It got to the point where my 3yo would say, 'uh oh mommy, it happened again!' ;)

If it is just rain, hit the water parks. Our best day ever was me and the twins at Typhoon lagoon in the rain. I think every lifeguard knew our names by the end of the day because there was like 50 people at the park. It would rain lightly for most of the time and pour at other times but we loved it. Remember treading water in a downpour at the wave pool laughing our heads off. Was one of those never dreamed I would ever be doing this days. Rain made the pool water feel warmer.
Years ago when we were at the water parks (back when both would be open), we’d head for the water parks as soon as the rain started. They’d clear out so fast and we’d practically be the only ones there. In the few hours we had in the afternoon, it was more than enough time to hit everything we wanted!

Another tip. - don't plan on having any forewarning that the rain is going to hit!

When we used a stroller, I used to start covering it with the rain poncho in stroller parking once noon hit (Aug and Sep trips) as the first few trips we'd come out of an attraction to bright blue skies but in the amount of time it had taken us to wait in line and ride, the heavens had opened and everything in the stroller was SOAKED!! You'd think I would have learned the first time but it's safe to say I was a pretty slow learner and lulled by the bright blue skies.

It got to the point where my 3yo would say, 'uh oh mommy, it happened again!' ;)
We do this now with my mom’s ECV! For those few rides where she’ll walk on (looking at you, Pooh and pirates), we always cover with the ponchos! At least at PotC, it’s covered.

Anyone have any recs on waterproof rain shorts? I found some great rain jackets and Brooks Gortex shoes for our recent Scotland trip. But we're going to WDW in November which can still be rainy and hot so need to buy some shorts that can handle rain (and splash mountain).

Anyone have any recs on waterproof rain shorts? I found some great rain jackets and Brooks Gortex shoes for our recent Scotland trip. But we're going to WDW in November which can still be rainy and hot so need to buy some shorts that can handle rain (and splash mountain).
Check out: AMAZON
The link will take you to one option but they do sell others.
1718814004442.png
November can be cool so convertible pants should work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter