The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Well it's looking like our first use of VDH points is going to be at WDW not DL. With our next trip coming up in Jan/Feb we had a VDH stay most likely in mid-2025 as our next one.

However our older daughter is currently planning a Disney wedding for late next year and WDW has far more options than DL. With staying at AKV & VGF earlier in the year our points for both of these will need to be supplemented with VDH points.

On the plus side, no occupancy taxes :)

Well it's looking like our first use of VDH points is going to be at WDW not DL. With our next trip coming up in Jan/Feb we had a VDH stay most likely in mid-2025 as our next one.

However our older daughter is currently planning a Disney wedding for late next year and WDW has far more options than DL. With staying at AKV & VGF earlier in the year our points for both of these will need to be supplemented with VDH points.

On the plus side, no occupancy taxes :)
Nothing wrong with having flexibility. Congrats!

Maybe you all already know about this, but don’t forget to get your photo taken to be part of the VDH mosaic which will be unveiled at opening. This is for all DVC members I believe, not just owners.

https://dvcfan.com/2023/06/30/become-part-of-a-mosaic-at-the-villas-at-disneyland-hotel/?amp=1

Heading down to DLR this Thursday so we plan on getting our photo taken on the last day at Star View Station. Deadline is 8/18.
We didn’t know..thanks! We went today just to try it out.image_0.jpeg

Hey DISboards Friends! The countdown is on to the grand opening of VDH and Amy and I will be there opening weekend. 🥳

We’re planning to get as much content as possible to share with you on DVC Fan and explore every inch of this new property.

Currently we have arrangements to film a deluxe and duo studio, but if anyone has any 1br, 2br, or Grand Villas that weekend and wouldn’t mind us filming and getting pictures of them please shoot me a message. We’d love to share as much as possible about this new resort.

Look forward to seeing some of you there!

Hey DISboards Friends! The countdown is on to the grand opening of VDH and Amy and I will be there opening weekend. 🥳

We’re planning to get as much content as possible to share with you on DVC Fan and explore every inch of this new property.

Currently we have arrangements to film a deluxe and duo studio, but if anyone has any 1br, 2br, or Grand Villas that weekend and wouldn’t mind us filming and getting pictures of them please shoot me a message. We’d love to share as much as possible about this new resort.

I would LOVE to see a 1, 2, or GV!

Oh my goodness YES! If some of the AWESOME community members here could let the Kriegers take a peek at your room that would be amazing! SOOO excited and jealous of you all. We'll be there a week later in a studio.
Sept 28: @Nonsuch - Opening weekend (2bd) - Would LOVE to see your 2 bedroom!
Sept 28-Oct 2: @Wedgeout - Opening weekend! (Duo/garden). So many are excited to see what the gardens units are like!
Sept 28-?: @DennieC - Opening weekend! (2 bd). Also a 2 bedroom - SO jealous!
Sept 29: @The_MT - opening weekend! Not sure what size unit you're in
Sept 30: @Kenito - Opening weekend! What did you end up with?

At any rate, everyone have an AMAZING stay - you're rock stars! Thanks @pkrieger2287 for all you do for the community!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness YES! If some of the AWESOME community members here could let the Kriegers take a peek at your room that would be amazing! SOOO excited and jealous of you all. We'll be there a week later in a studio.
Sept 28-Oct 2: @Wedgeout - Opening weekend! (Duo/garden). So many are excited to see what the gardens units are like!

At any rate, everyone have an AMAZING stay - you're rock stars! Thanks @pkrieger2287 for all you do for the community!
Ours is a standard studio, happy to host a walk through but sounds like the studio is already covered :)

I have a deluxe studio for Sep 29-Oct 1. Happy to help if needed!

Bored. Finishing up packing kidos off for university. In a holding pattern while I wait for stuff. Came across this on the DVC member's site. Wish I was going to be in Disneyland to take advantage of this. Someone let me know if you get to experience this and how was it.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/#/disneyland-resort-hotels

EVENTS & EXPERIENCES
Sketch with Stacia Martin
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Resort in California
Learn to sketch from a Member-favorite Disney Historian, Stacia Martin, creating your own works of art inspired by the stories brought to life at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel.

This complimentary made-for-Members experience is offered to eligible Disney Vacation Club Members and their Guests. During this interactive event, you will be welcomed with light refreshments and enjoy a presentation by a Disney Vacation Club Preview Center Cast Member. The Cast Member will tell the story of the art behind The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, illuminating the tower's deep connections to the legacy of Walt Disney Animation Studios. You’ll then sketch alongside Disney Historian Stacia Martin. Disney Vacation Club Guides will be available for any questions after the event.

Event entertainment and event dates are subject to change without notice.

Event Dates
  • July 20, 2023
  • July 24, 2023
  • August 17, 2023
  • August 21, 2023
  • August 24, 2023
  • August 28, 2023

Event Hours
2:00 PM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time

Eligibility
Disney Vacation Club Members who purchased directly from Disney and are eligible for Membership Extras benefits may register for this event.

Party Size Limit
A Member can register themselves and up to 4 additional Guests per Membership (for a total of 5). Children younger than 3 years old do not need to be registered for this event.

Event Date Limit
In order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy this experience, only one event date will be available per Membership.

Registration, Modifications and Cancellations
Dates, times and locations may vary by week. Check with a Disney Vacation Club Cast Member at the Disneyland Resort for information and to RSVP. Members can register at the Discovery Studio at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Disney Vacation Club Star View Station – a Member Lounge or The Villas at Disneyland Hotel Preview Center. Space is limited, so be sure to reserve your spot with a Disney Vacation Club Cast Member early. This event cannot be booked, modified or cancelled through Member Services.

Registering for Another Member on Your Membership
If the primary Member is not registering for the event, another Member with the same Member ID number may be added as an alternate to check in at the event. A valid digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required at check-in.

Other Important Information
  • Parking is not included.
  • Event registration is required and limited.
  • The Member whose name was used for the event registration must be in attendance to check in their full party.
  • A valid digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required at check-in.
  • This offer is nontransferable and cannot be sold. It is subject to availability, change or termination without notice.
  • Attendees younger than 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.

Bored. Finishing up packing kidos off for university. In a holding pattern while I wait for stuff. Came across this on the DVC member's site. Wish I was going to be in Disneyland to take advantage of this. Someone let me know if you get to experience this and how was it.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/#/disneyland-resort-hotels

EVENTS & EXPERIENCES
Sketch with Stacia Martin
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Resort in California
Learn to sketch from a Member-favorite Disney Historian, Stacia Martin, creating your own works of art inspired by the stories brought to life at The Villas at Disneyland Hotel.

This complimentary made-for-Members experience is offered to eligible Disney Vacation Club Members and their Guests. During this interactive event, you will be welcomed with light refreshments and enjoy a presentation by a Disney Vacation Club Preview Center Cast Member. The Cast Member will tell the story of the art behind The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, illuminating the tower's deep connections to the legacy of Walt Disney Animation Studios. You’ll then sketch alongside Disney Historian Stacia Martin. Disney Vacation Club Guides will be available for any questions after the event.

Event entertainment and event dates are subject to change without notice.

Event Dates
  • July 20, 2023
  • July 24, 2023
  • August 17, 2023
  • August 21, 2023
  • August 24, 2023
  • August 28, 2023

Event Hours
2:00 PM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time

Eligibility
Disney Vacation Club Members who purchased directly from Disney and are eligible for Membership Extras benefits may register for this event.

Party Size Limit
A Member can register themselves and up to 4 additional Guests per Membership (for a total of 5). Children younger than 3 years old do not need to be registered for this event.

Event Date Limit
In order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy this experience, only one event date will be available per Membership.

Registration, Modifications and Cancellations
Dates, times and locations may vary by week. Check with a Disney Vacation Club Cast Member at the Disneyland Resort for information and to RSVP. Members can register at the Discovery Studio at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Disney Vacation Club Star View Station – a Member Lounge or The Villas at Disneyland Hotel Preview Center. Space is limited, so be sure to reserve your spot with a Disney Vacation Club Cast Member early. This event cannot be booked, modified or cancelled through Member Services.

Registering for Another Member on Your Membership
If the primary Member is not registering for the event, another Member with the same Member ID number may be added as an alternate to check in at the event. A valid digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required at check-in.

Other Important Information
  • Parking is not included.
  • Event registration is required and limited.
  • The Member whose name was used for the event registration must be in attendance to check in their full party.
  • A valid digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required at check-in.
  • This offer is nontransferable and cannot be sold. It is subject to availability, change or termination without notice.
  • Attendees younger than 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
There are a few reports on the Mousecellaneous board: https://www.disboards.com/threads/member-event-at-disneyland-sketch-with-stacia-martin.3927658/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter