The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

is there somewhere online to buy a Riviera magic band?
I'm only aware of two Riviera designs, one cream colored and the other blue, both MagicBand 2 designs, not MagicBand+.

But if I remember correctly, they were only available through pre-arrival orders, never a standalone purchase. You did not have to stay at Riviera to order either design.

west wing first floor seems to have had a massive leak of some sort? Haven’t asked, but blower fans been running every time I walk by for the last few days. Hallways feels really musty/humid. Would be pretty disappointed if I were staying at first floor. Pretty similar to how ground floor at boardwalk felt in our stay this past summer. Just FYI.

Having just stayed in a tower studio for 5 nights over Christmas. I will fight anyone who does not like this type of room !

It's a perfect room for 2. Never really felt like we missed anything compared to normal studio.

Only downside of Riviera was mouse keeping was worse we have seen with replenishments compared to other DVC resorts.

Only downside of Riviera was mouse keeping was worse we have seen with replenishments compared to other DVC resorts.
This part is surprising, I've found Mousekeeping to be better at Riviera than other resorts. Sometimes they've even made the bed for us and arrange our shoulder buddies around the remote as if they were watching TV! However, we don't drink coffee or tea so we haven't needed any replenishments to be able to compare that part.

This part is surprising, I've found Mousekeeping to be better at Riviera than other resorts. Sometimes they've even made the bed for us and arrange our shoulder buddies around the remote as if they were watching TV! However, we don't drink coffee or tea so we haven't needed any replenishments to be able to compare that part.

Unfortunately for us we did not have this service. Bins emptied but toilet tissue never replaced yet they took the roll of the holder. Ordered some more and I did not arrive. Coffee never replenished.

I did speak to the on duty manger and house keeping manager who said they would contact me but never did and made some excuses.

On our 4th day they did change the towels but that was it.

Actual resort was spotless and wonderful. So must have just been unlucky.

Unfortunately for us we did not have this service. Bins emptied but toilet tissue never replaced yet they took the roll of the holder. Ordered some more and I did not arrive. Coffee never replenished.

I did speak to the on duty manger and house keeping manager who said they would contact me but never did and made some excuses.

Oh no, I hope they're not slacking. Haven't been in a year but will be back in March...

Last December, we were in a GV for 8 days, and at day 6, I realized that Mousekeeping had never done anything other than emptying the trash. I called, and they made some excuse for why they hadn't come (I think they said that we were there when they came, and they didn't want to disturb us - which wasn't true because we were gone every day for most of the day). They kind-of grudgingly asked if we wanted them to do it now, and we said yes.

Now despite that, when they did come, they did an absolutely spectacular job. I couldn't find anything that they missed or wasn't perfectly clean. Much better than other resorts - DVC, WDW or otherwise.

Had a similar experience in our recent stay with housekeeping. Had to call front desk to get day 4 cleaning and day 8 towels/trash/etc, called a day later for both when they missed doing them when they were due.
To be fair it was a pretty busy time of the year and they showed up right away after calling.

Other than that though, our stay was really pleasant. Love how compact it is, felt like I can reach anywhere in the resort within a couple of minutes including the parking lot!

It was also so calm and not crowded compared to other monorail/crescent lake resorts we usually stayed at during this time of year. Maybe due to lack of more food/shopping/bigger lobby with stuff to see? Not sure, but definitely felt very relaxing which we never experienced before at christmas time.

Room was also super quiet which we never really experienced in disney resorts before, they always seem to have paper thin walls. Not sure if we lucked out with better/no neighbors or if they have better isolation in these newer rooms.

We are staying at Riviera for first time Feb 1. We are going for long weekend without kids for our anniversary. Was looking forward to easy skyliner access to Epcot and Hollywood. Doubt we will even go to Magic. Anyway, now I see Skyliner maintenance is happening. Last I saw was it will be down Jan 16 - 21st but that the Riviera to Epcot leg will be down until 27th. No worries if they actually finish on time but if it is down while we were there, really wishing I would have booked Boardwalk instead.

We are staying at Riviera for first time Feb 1. We are going for long weekend without kids for our anniversary. Was looking forward to easy skyliner access to Epcot and Hollywood. Doubt we will even go to Magic. Anyway, now I see Skyliner maintenance is happening. Last I saw was it will be down Jan 16 - 21st but that the Riviera to Epcot leg will be down until 27th. No worries if they actually finish on time but if it is down while we were there, really wishing I would have booked Boardwalk instead.
I feel like they always finish on time, if not early, if I remember correctly! Fingers crossed it’s the same for your trip! We’re going tomorrow for a week and it’s definitely a bit disappointing that I’ll be closed the latter half of our trip 🤷🏼‍♀️

We only have two or three years of history to go on, but as above they’ve finished early each year. So enjoy your anniversary trip!

For those who have been recently, can you confirm the style of coffee maker in a 1 bd suite? And will I need to bring filter?

Can’t survive without our morning joe!!☕☕☕

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter