The Official POLYNESIAN VILLAS & BUNGALOWS Owners and Fans info thread

Yeah, I think we're going to be looking at point charts higher than VGF and RIV, unfortunately. That said, my thinking is that because the Island Tower point charts are likely to be higher, the existing studio point charts should stay about the same, even if they try to adjust for the bungalows to come down a bit.
I wouldn't hold your breath on having the bungalow point charts adjusted. I think the standard and preferred studios will probably match the standard and lake view studios point chart. Now the TPV studios will come at a premium. Who know where they will settle the 1BR and 2 BR point charts. Those will probably be higher than RIV.

I see people can book rooms at the new tower for travel dates after Dec 17th but does anyone know when we will be able to book those dates with our dvc points ??

I see people can book rooms at the new tower for travel dates after Dec 17th but does anyone know when we will be able to book those dates with our dvc points ??
Has not been announced. We’ll be able to book with points once they revise the POS and declare rooms in the tower to DVC. Hopefully, we’ll know more soon when they announce the details on sales.

Has not been announced. We’ll be able to book with points once they revise the POS and declare rooms in the tower to DVC. Hopefully, we’ll know more soon when they announce the details on sales.

To add, it’s not just when they are declared, when the open sales and set a date for booking the rooms.

When they added BPK to VGF, booking started about 2 weeks after sales started.

I suppose since it is just an extension like they did at grand then it could happen pretty quickly and they will not try to use it as an incentive to buy like they did with the cabins (maybe ??)

Hello all! I just submitted an offer and am in the process of buying a resale Poly contract (first-time DVC purchase yay!). BUT I didn't previously see that the Tower will be incorporated into the existing association and now I'm sweating. Does anyone know:

1.) Will we be able to avoid booking in the Tower if we want? I like the "old" side of the Poly! Hoping its a separate booking rather than just up to a building request and crossing my fingers.

2.) Is it likely our dues are going to significantly increase because of the new Tower?

Any info is appreciated and thank you!

Will we be able to avoid booking in the Tower if we want? I like the "old" side of the Poly! Hoping its a separate booking rather than just up to a building request and crossing my fingers.
I’m reasonably certain that you’ll know what you’re booking. Similar to the Deluxe Studios in the original VGF building and the Resort Studios in BPK, not to mention the clear differentiation in booking AKV-Jambo villas vs. AKV-Kidani, the names of the various villas will identify their location.

I’m reasonably certain that you’ll know what you’re booking. Similar to the Deluxe Studios in the original VGF building and the Resort Studios in BPK, not to mention the clear differentiation in booking AKV-Jambo villas vs. AKV-Kidani, the names of the various villas will identify their location.
Thank you!!

Hello all! I just submitted an offer and am in the process of buying a resale Poly contract (first-time DVC purchase yay!). BUT I didn't previously see that the Tower will be incorporated into the existing association and now I'm sweating. Does anyone know:

1.) Will we be able to avoid booking in the Tower if we want? I like the "old" side of the Poly! Hoping its a separate booking rather than just up to a building request and crossing my fingers.

2.) Is it likely our dues are going to significantly increase because of the new Tower?

If you're concerned enough to prefer a different resort, you should have a 10 day back out period from when you signed whatever contract.

Agreed with the other poster that there should be an obvious difference when booking, as there is for cash bookings.

As far as dues... who knows! There are obviously more expenses, but towers tend to be less costly to maintain on a per-point basis, and there are also more new points to share those expenses. I personally don't expect significant movement either way in the near term, but dues could plausibly go up or down as a result of the new building.

They will be listed differently as we can see that with the cash bookings.

All owners will have access to both so you will be competing with tower owners as well.

Not sure about the dues situation yet and my guess is we won’t see its impact until the 2025 budget is shared in late November.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest