The Official Fall/Fall Advantage 2010 Thread!

Resurrecting this thread, lol. Do you all realize that we will be the next group of CP applicants? I was looking at the CP web site earlier, and the application for Spring 2010 was calling to me (there's no way I could do Spring 2010, so it was good that I resisted, haha).

I'm going to be freshman in college this year, so I would be doing the CP fall of my sophomore year. I'm thinking of checking off (in no particular order; my thoughts change just about daily): attractions, hospitality, character attendant, merchandise, vacation planner, and FSFB. Maybe Main Entrance Ops too; we'll see :).

I have a couple of concerns about doing the CP, namely that my college is not going to give me any credit, and also that I have back problems, which would probably be aggravated by certain roles. But mostly I'm just really excited by the thought of being part of the CP. I mean, really, living at Disney for five months? Who wouldn't want to do it? (Yes, I do know it's work, lol. But a day of work at Disney beats a day of work back home!)

HEY! I'm Tressa and I'm from Texas and I am thinking about applying for the fall 2010 program! I graduate college in May and want to work for Disney in some capacity! I am not sure about doing the college program or just plain applying for Disney...seasoned cast members, what would you recommend? I am so excited!

HEY! I'm Tressa and I'm from Texas and I am thinking about applying for the fall 2010 program! I graduate college in May and want to work for Disney in some capacity! I am not sure about doing the college program or just plain applying for Disney...seasoned cast members, what would you recommend? I am so excited!

I'm far from a seasoned CM (quite the opposite in fact), but there's a lot of talk about a hiring freeze right now. The CP might be one of the best ways to get into the company at the moment.

I am not a seasoned CM either, but I agree with QueenofPrideRock. Even though they're not hiring as many regular CMs at the moment, Disney is accepting many people into the CP. I think you would find it much easier to be accepted into the CP than to be hired as a regular CM right now because of the economy. The CP can be a great way to get your foot in the door, and at the end, you have more options to continue working for Disney (you can extend (stay for an additional semester), go seasonal, apply for a professional internship, or apply for a full time position). Plus, you would get to try it out for a while to make sure you like it, before really committing yourself.

Hey everybody!
I'm Cori, and I'm a Hospitality major applying for Fall 2010!! Although I'd *love* to do FA, I've already decided to work my current job for most of the summer to save up for expenses/etc.
I'm not sure about everything I'll be applying for, but my list probably will include (in no particular order...):
Hospitality
Concierge
Character Attendant
FSFB
Photopass
Vacation Planner

What's it now, less than five months til we apply? :goodvibes:

I think you guys should definitely check out my blog to help pass the time... :thumbsup2

Since I don't have anything to write about re: me and the CP for awhile, I'm planning on doing informative posts covering different aspects of the program until it's time to apply! So any input, thoughts, or ideas you have would be great!

I think you guys should definitely check out my blog to help pass the time... :thumbsup2

Since I don't have anything to write about re: me and the CP for awhile, I'm planning on doing informative posts covering different aspects of the program until it's time to apply! So any input, thoughts, or ideas you have would be great!

Done. I love reading these blogs, and sooner than later mine will be up and running. Wayyy in advance, I know, but still exciting!

Yay! more people! :)

Jeez, I love these countdowns and all, but stop reminding me how much time I have left in college! I don't wanna think about the G-word in May! lol

I need to check out these blogs... and eventually start one...

Jeez, I love these countdowns and all, but stop reminding me how much time I have left in college! I don't wanna think about the G-word in May! lol

I agree! Thinking about the G-word in May is scary but hopefully Disney World will become the real world for me. That can't be too scary!!

I also love reading blogs and watching vlogs. I will have a blog up in running but it's too early right now for me. I'll start one around December or so.

If I get in for Spring 2010 I'm going to try for Fall 2010 as well. If I don't get in for Spring 2010 I'm going to try for Fall Advantage 2010 lol:woohoo:

So I toyed with the idea of creating a Facebook group for Fall 2010'ers, but I'd like to know if people were interested in taking part in that before I started it. I'd also be looking for other people to volunteer to admin/etc.
Thoughts? :confused3:

So I toyed with the idea of creating a Facebook group for Fall 2010'ers, but I'd like to know if people were interested in taking part in that before I started it. I'd also be looking for other people to volunteer to admin/etc.
Thoughts? :confused3:

Someone actually beat you to it! We're an anxious bunch. :rotfl: It's here.

Hey everyone! I'm Melinda :wave:

I am an Interior Architecture/Design major. My choices as of now are (in no particular order):
Costumes
Character Attendant
Attractions
Lifeguarding (if I can get back into swimming shape)
Merchandising
Transportation (monorail specifically)

My number one choice was character performer, since I have been dancing and acting since I was 5, but because auditions are so late I didn't want my other choices filling incase I didn't pass. Especially since I am graduating in May so this is my only shot at this. I'm going to try for a Professional Internship after my CP and if I don't get that, audition to extend as a character performer.

:yay: I'm excited

Hey everyone! I'm Melinda :wave:

I am an Interior Architecture/Design major. My choices as of now are (in no particular order):
Costumes
Character Attendant
Attractions
Lifeguarding (if I can get back into swimming shape)
Merchandising
Transportation (monorail specifically)

My number one choice was character performer, since I have been dancing and acting since I was 5, but because auditions are so late I didn't want my other choices filling incase I didn't pass. Especially since I am graduating in May so this is my only shot at this. I'm going to try for a Professional Internship after my CP and if I don't get that, audition to extend as a character performer.

:yay: I'm excited

as of right now i keep hearing (or seeing) that if you pick character performer and you do not get pick after auditions they have changed it that you already have another position lined up. Granted you have been accepted into the program. Go to this thread for more information http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2276954

wow! wonder why i couldn't find it... thanks for the link!

ya, this group has been around since the begining of the year/late of 2008. it was extremely dead when i joined. but it's slowly getting members. just like the other wdwcp groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter