The Official DisDads Prayer and Praise Thread

A little good news...we found out last night that DD needed a red, green or white dress for her school Christmas program. Funds are tight (aren't they always) but we checked with the church thrift store and they had one that just came in. The kids earn cash for the store learning Bible verses and DD (unlike SWMBO) never spends anything so with what she had in her account...Free Dress! :cool1:

I am glad that worked out for you...I hate when they tell kids they have to wear a certain color of something. Some kids just don't have it and then they feel left out when others do have it. thankully this all worked out well for you guys!!

Steve..(GoHerd)

How is Allison? (from the vehicle wreck)

She is doing as well as can be expected. It does appear that she will never walk again and she has accepted that fact. She has made the statement that she took her last steps on this Earth hte same time her Dad did and that they will walk together again one day in heaven. It is heartbreaking. A few weeks ago the person who hit them went to court and got away with only a mesdemeanor charge. Not even vehicular homicide eventhough he was driving while under the influence of drugs. I am not sure what sort of trick the lawyers pulled for that one. Her Mother, Dale, is still as storong as ever...she has got to be one of the most amazing women I have ever known. Even now she is always still trying to do for others in the community. Maybe that is how she manages to get through. She is awesome. The boys are doing well. Andrew is a Senior is High School and Jonathan is a Freshman in college. The youngest Jacob , who was in the accident with them, is doing well except for dealing with not having a Dad to be there for him. Several members of the family have stepped up and tried to fill that role. Thanks for asking about them!!

She is doing as well as can be expected. It does appear that she will never walk again and she has accepted that fact. She has made the statement that she took her last steps on this Earth hte same time her Dad did and that they will walk together again one day in heaven. It is heartbreaking. A few weeks ago the person who hit them went to court and got away with only a mesdemeanor charge. Not even vehicular homicide eventhough he was driving while under the influence of drugs. I am not sure what sort of trick the lawyers pulled for that one. Her Mother, Dale, is still as storong as ever...she has got to be one of the most amazing women I have ever known. Even now she is always still trying to do for others in the community. Maybe that is how she manages to get through. She is awesome. The boys are doing well. Andrew is a Senior is High School and Jonathan is a Freshman in college. The youngest Jacob , who was in the accident with them, is doing well except for dealing with not having a Dad to be there for him. Several members of the family have stepped up and tried to fill that role. Thanks for asking about them!!

Thanks for the update. Brave mom and girl.

About the "driver". Sometimes "Justice" sucks...and certainly not "fair. :mad:
At least they have to live with the knowledge of what they have done.

Need your help guys.

I just found out my dad has prostate cancer.

Your prayers would be much appreciated.

Scott, I did not see this until today. Our prayers are with you and your father :grouphug:

As Nate said, sometimes justice sucks. However, he will answer for his judgements one day. I can only hope and pray he is truly sorry for the mistakes he has made.

Scott, I did not see this until today. Our prayers are with you and your father :grouphug:...

Thanks Dave - going through the grueling process of choosing a method of treatment right now.

However, everyone is optimistic. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the support!

I'm not sure I ever posted in this thread about my mom. She was diagnosed with stage 3 Lymphoma last fall and has been enduring chemotherapy treatments since then. Her treatments were initially set to go until April. Well... praise to God she had followup scans done last week and they found NO CANCER! :cool1: She still has two more treatments, but better than the 6 more they had planned.

I'm not sure I ever posted in this thread about my mom. She was diagnosed with stage 3 Lymphoma last fall and has been enduring chemotherapy treatments since then. Her treatments were initially set to go until April. Well... praise to God she had followup scans done last week and they found NO CANCER! :cool1: She still has two more treatments, but better than the 6 more they had planned.

That's awesome news! He is good.

Awesome news! I lost my father to a bout with cancer 12 years ago, and can't get enough of hearing stories now of people beating it. Great to hear! :cool1:

This is indeed great news! :thumbsup2

Some of you may remember me talking about my Dad and his recent diagnosis of prostate cancer.

Well, to bring you up to speed on the latest, he's met with a surgeon regarding robotic removal and is scheduled to have it done the beginning of next month.

Your continued thoughts and prayers are much appreciated! :thumbsup2

Praise God...that is wonderful news!!

That's great news!

Some of you may remember me talking about my Dad and his recent diagnosis of prostate cancer.

Well, to bring you up to speed on the latest, he's met with a surgeon regarding robotic removal and is scheduled to have it done the beginning of next month.

Absolutely. They seem to be doing some great things with those surgeries. I know several people who have gone through them. Praying for the best for your dad. :thumbsup2

Awesome news! I lost my father to a bout with cancer 12 years ago, and can't get enough of hearing stories now of people beating it. Great to hear! :cool1:

That must have been hard! So young. Seems also that there is more and more cancer being found now, too!

Prayer said :thumbsup2 Let us know how the surgery goes.

Sounds like good news. Will continue to pray.

Fantastic news!

We will keep you all in our prayers :grouphug:

Fantastic! Praise God! Thank you for sharing that news with us Don.

That is great news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter