The Official DisDads Prayer and Praise Thread

I guess this is the place to post updates on the Schwab Family now....anyway...went to see Allison on Saturday and she was having a good day. She said she had been in the hospital for 40 days and 40 nights. I told her that with all the rian we have had she should have built an ark! I still find it hard to believe that Richard has been gone as long as he has. Allison was allowed to eat some saltine crackers and she was able to keep them down. So, hopefully that will be a good sign that her bowel is going to start doing what it needs to do. Depending on how she continues to do with solids she is due to be sent to Columbus, Ohio to the childrens hospital for rehab. Her doctors have told her that her paralysis will be permanent. Outwardly she is delaing with it VERY well. She said that at rehab she will be taught how to take care of herself as to not be dependent on others. They do not want her to have a motorized wheelchair so that she does not lose upper arm strength as well. She has thought about some modifications that she wants to make on her wheelchair which I guess is a good thing. She said the thing that made her feel the best last week was having her hair done and being able to put on makeup! Ahh the simple things in life! Continue to keep them all in your prayers..they still have a long road against them!

you got it, thanks for the up date steve. this poor family.

Found out that mom's brother, my uncle, is going in for heart bypass next Tuesday. At least it wasn't today so can't be THAT urgent, but still. Unfortunately, my beverly cousins will not be of much help since they don't get along with each other or their dad, and my aunt has Alzheimers so it will fall on my mom and dad to carry the major load of keeping my aunt and uncle fed and cared for until he is up and around again.:sad2: Then on top of it, my in-laws called today and my wife's cousin is back in ICU with a blood sugar over 800. These are the times I wish we lived closer to help out more, but it is what it is.

So I've been lurking on this thread and trying to pray through them on a regular basis.

I wanted to add a praise to this list. A while back I asked for people to remember my FIL. He had had prostate surgery and after the surgery he wound up with a blood clot in his lung. He wound up spending 4 days in the hospital for an outpatient procedure. The Dr's had a really hard time getting his blood back to the right thickness after they gave him the medicine to get rid of the clot. He seems to be close to back to normal now though and was even able to come visit Rach and the kids while I was travelling last week. We are all very thankful that the Dr.s were able to get everything worked out.

So I've been lurking on this thread and trying to pray through them on a regular basis.

I wanted to add a praise to this list. A while back I asked for people to remember my FIL. He had had prostate surgery and after the surgery he wound up with a blood clot in his lung. He wound up spending 4 days in the hospital for an outpatient procedure. The Dr's had a really hard time getting his blood back to the right thickness after they gave him the medicine to get rid of the clot. He seems to be close to back to normal now though and was even able to come visit Rach and the kids while I was travelling last week. We are all very thankful that the Dr.s were able to get everything worked out.

Thanks for the prayer and glad to hear the Great Physician was at work as well as the physicians here!

The older I get the more I realize how much I will miss having my elders around when they are no longer here.

I was watching the news this morning and saw the tornadoes that hit the Joplin, MO area over the weekend. When I saw the name of the town, it just stuck with me. Is it possible that I saw it on here? Maybe one of the DisDads is from the area? If anyone else has any info, feel free to respond.

In any case, lets say an extra prayer for all those affected by the tornadoes.

Thoughts and prayers are being passed onto the folks in Joplin and Minneapolis as well as those dealing with fall out form the prior storms.

I may not post as often as I should, but I do read through here regularly and try to keep those folks posting here in my thoughts, so please continue to keep us all apprised of those to whom you are close, and we’ll continue to open our hearts up for them.
:grouphug:

Thoughts and prayers are being passed onto the folks in Joplin and Minneapolis as well as those dealing with fall out form the prior storms.

I may not post as often as I should, but I do read through here regularly and try to keep those folks posting here in my thoughts, so please continue to keep us all apprised of those to whom you are close, and we’ll continue to open our hearts up for them.
:grouphug:

Definitley keeping them in our prayers.

I think it is so important that we remeber these folks, we never know when it could be one of us and in need of those prayers.

For those of you whom read my 2009 Trip report...details in post #21...you know that my FIL has lived in a Nursing Home since June 2009.

He has a Brian Tumor which gives him a certain varied levels of Dementia...both from the tumor and poor blood circulation from a very bad heart. Anyway my wife has his POA and is in charge of his care.

She feels very guilty about having him in this facility...but we tried it at our house for 6 months and my wife about killed herself trying to take care of him...so he is where he needs to be.

Anyway my wife had him out for a trip to his heart doctor and while in the waiting room FIL told DW that he understood that she has had to make allot of tough choices for him, and that he wasn't always able to tell her that. He knew she had his best intrest at heart and was glad that she was the one making those choices. This rare moment of clarity from FIL was just what my wife needed as over the past few month she has been very depressed over her dad and his care.

So thank you God for giving my wife that moment with her father. :goodvibes

For those of you whom read my 2009 Trip report...details in post #21...you know that my FIL has lived in a Nursing Home since June 2009.

He has a Brian Tumor which gives him a certain varied levels of Dementia...both from the tumor and poor blood circulation from a very bad heart. Anyway my wife has his POA and is in charge of his care.

She feels very guilty about having him in this facility...but we tried it at our house for 6 months and my wife about killed herself trying to take care of him...so he is where he needs to be.

Anyway my wife had him out for a trip to his heart doctor and while in the waiting room FIL told DW that he understood that she has had to make allot of tough choices for him, and that he wasn't always able to tell her that. He knew she had his best intrest at heart and was glad that she was the one making those choices. This rare moment of clarity from FIL was just what my wife needed as over the past few month she has been very depressed over her dad and his care.

Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22

My dad also had a brain tumor and it was a very difficult time for all of us. My prayers go out to your family. May that moment of clarity give your wife the reassurance that she is doing the best that she can for him.

Amen!

Just heard that my uncle made it through his bypass and will be on the road to recovery now. Also my wife's cousin got out of ICU and her sugar levels are returning to normal.

Was just diverted away from DFW because of major storms, baseball size hail and 3 tornados. Praying for BigTex and everyone down there.

My parents finally have a meeting with the NYS DEC legal counsel about "wetlands violations" on June 9th. Prayers are appreciated that cooler heads prevail. Fortunately I will not be in attendance for mine is not a cooler head in this issue.

Hey all - Sorry I have MIA for a few days. On Wednesday morning I was admitted into our ocal hospital. I have cellutlits in my left leg. It then cause the lymphnodes in the groin area to fight the infection from spreading. They did immediately rule out a blood clot. I am unsure how long I am going to be here. My leg is still very sore, red, and I am unable to put much pressure on it at all.

On top of that, last night, we had a terrible hailstorm in our area. Lots of friends and family had lost of damage to their homes and cars. My wife did call me and tell me that our kitchne window was leaking but she was unable to determine where it was coming from. Hopefully she will be able to figure it out this morning.

Thanks again!

Hey all - Sorry I have MIA for a few days. On Wednesday morning I was admitted into our ocal hospital. I have cellutlits in my left leg. It then cause the lymphnodes in the groin area to fight the infection from spreading. They did immediately rule out a blood clot. I am unsure how long I am going to be here. My leg is still very sore, red, and I am unable to put much pressure on it at all.

On top of that, last night, we had a terrible hailstorm in our area. Lots of friends and family had lost of damage to their homes and cars. My wife did call me and tell me that our kitchne window was leaking but she was unable to determine where it was coming from. Hopefully she will be able to figure it out this morning.

Thanks again!

Sorry to hear that. Praying you have a quick recovery!

Hey all - Sorry I have MIA for a few days...
Praying for a speedy recovery for you so you can be up and about. Hopefully the leaking window was just some rain blowing up under the shingles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter