*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

We've been to Crystal Palace for lunch & breakfast. I preferred their breakfast. The main draw for lunch was the characters for us. After 1x at lunch, I felt like we were good with that and probably won't do lunch again. There was nothing wrong with the food- it was standard buffet fare. It's just so crowded and each time we've been we ended up missing a character because the rotation just took too long. That's just my 2 cents.

To @Spencer Wright, basically, my thoughts are almost everything is worth trying once :laughing: I have only eaten at Crystal Palace for lunch, but it was during winter break a few years ago on a day with 10 crowds and it was hot. I agree with @Glam's food assessment - it was standard/fine. I believe we saw all of the characters. It may have taken a while - it was crowded, but I believe I thought we should stay until we saw them all:confused3 If you're interested in going, I do think it would be a good lunch stop in August to get out of the heat.

I booked our trip a few days ago!
We will be starting at POP Century, August 9-13 and then moving to BCV August 13-20.

We are looking for different dining options this year, especially near MK. Thoughts on Crystal Palace lunch?

We've been to Crystal Palace for lunch - and we've always enjoyed it. There isn't anything super exciting or different, so if you are adventurous eaters, you might be bored. However, there is a good variety, and it seems to be kept hot and fresh - which is all I expect in a buffet. It's also set up so each side of the restaurant has a line to go through, so it never seems to get backed up where you are waiting behind someone else to get your food. I prefer the breakfast buffet myself - but I haven't had a bad meal here breakfast, lunch or dinner. The kids love the desserts. :) Plus - the characters are a lot of fun and never feel rushed. I really like the feel of the place - bright and beautiful. This one is a family favorite.

If you want something a little different in terms of food and you want a sit down experience, Be Our Guest has more interesting options. It's considered a quick service for lunch, but you're still sitting down and in air conditioning. :) You could also do any of the restaurants on the monorail - it wouldn't take long to get there and back to the park.

We are looking for different dining options this year, especially near MK. Thoughts on Crystal Palace lunch?

We've done Crystal Palace for lunch, and enjoyed it. As others have said, it is standard fare for a buffet. Nothing exciting, or fantastic, but it is good. If you have never tried the Plaza, I find that quite enjoyable as well. The menu is a bit more limited, but I enjoy both the Chicken sandwich, and the Chicken Strawberry salad.

My DS (age 4) and I will be headed to WDW Aug 29 - Sep 3.

We'll be at Coronado Springs at the new tower. This will be our 2nd stay at CS, but obviously 1st at the tower.

We've always stayed at deluxes on our Labor day trips, but got a great deal at CS. However, being tied to bus transportation on our Veteran's Day trip this past year was a pain due to the holiday crowds, so I may rent a car.

You have been added to the Roll Call.

I booked our trip a few days ago!
We will be starting at POP Century, August 9-13 and then moving to BCV August 13-20.

Just booked for August 23-31 at Coronado Springs! Excited to take the little one (3 years old) on her first Disney trip!

Oh I hear that! Coffee in hand and ready to go at 555!

Any suggestions as to which places to book first? I don't think any of mine are super popular besides maybe Le Cellier, but I could be wrong:

Beaches and Cream
Sci Fi
Plaza
Trattoria Al Forno Breakfast
Il Mulino
Le Cellier
Tusker House Breakfast

Any suggestions as to which places to book first? I don't think any of mine are super popular besides maybe Le Cellier, but I could be wrong:

Beaches and Cream
Sci Fi
Plaza
Il Mulino
Le Cellier
Tusker House Breakfast

I’m not sure if the Trattoria Bon Voyage is still really popular but a couple of years ago that was hard to get because it was new. Beaches & Cream is hard to get because it’s just so small in there. I haven’t booked at LC yet so I’m not sure if that’s harder than those 2.

Beaches and Cream
Sci Fi
Plaza
Il Mulino
Le Cellier
Tusker House Breakfast

All are pretty reasonable but Trattoria for breakfast books quick and Beaches and Cream is SMALL, that being said I was able to move our reservation around the week of the trip by stalking the site and using touring plans reservation finder.

I would put beaches and cream and le cellier as the first two, and if possible at the end of the trip then Trattoria if it’s a breakfast.

I haven’t had any issues adjusting my reservations when my groups is 3/4, I’m 10 this trip so more worried.

For Bon Voyage and Beaches we are 7 so I will try those first. Le Cellier it will just be me and DW so I will try that right after (or on another computer with my wife logged into her MDE lol).

For Bon Voyage and Beaches we are 7 so I will try those first. Le Cellier it will just be me and DW so I will try that right after (or on another computer with my wife logged into her MDE lol).

For beaches and cream you may have more success booking for 8 or two groups of 4. When I say it’s small I don’t even think it holds 40 people.... if you can book later on the trip you’ll have the best chance.

For beaches and cream you may have more success booking for 8 or two groups of 4. When I say it’s small I don’t even think it holds 40 people.... if you can book later on the trip you’ll have the best chance.

8 would be different than 7? Interesting. I would think they would consider both the same. I will try 8 if 7 doesn't work. Unfortunately it is our first night of the trip so I am crossing my fingers.

8 would be different than 7? Interesting. I would think they would consider both the same. I will try 8 if 7 doesn't work. Unfortunately it is our first night of the trip so I am crossing my fingers.

Some people say that booking even numbers is easier. I’m not positive i believe that, but it’s worth a shot. First night I’m not going to lie for 7 people is going to be hard. Just because it’s so small. They do have a take out counter as well.

Some people say that booking even numbers is easier. I’m not positive i believe that, but it’s worth a shot. First night I’m not going to lie for 7 people is going to be hard. Just because it’s so small. They do have a takenout counter as well.

Yeah that is what I was afraid of. I am pretty good at stalking though (have gotten last minute reservations and fast passes fairly often) and will try to use one of those reservation notification sites if i have no luck. I will do all my good luck rituals the night before.

Are you guys mainly making lunch or dinner TS ADRs for your August trip?

I can’t decide whether lunch is better - break from heat / then no pressure if we don’t want to go back at night. Or if dinner is better to give more freedom in afternoon but then it forces us to go back at night? :)

To @Spencer Wright, basically, my thoughts are almost everything is worth trying once :laughing: I have only eaten at Crystal Palace for lunch, but it was during winter break a few years ago on a day with 10 crowds and it was hot. I agree with @Glam's food assessment - it was standard/fine. I believe we saw all of the characters. It may have taken a while - it was crowded, but I believe I thought we should stay until we saw them all:confused3 If you're interested in going, I do think it would be a good lunch stop in August to get out of the heat.

Thank You! We'll def try it I think. It certainly meets our goal of staying in MK more!

Are you guys mainly making lunch or dinner TS ADRs for your August trip?

I can’t decide whether lunch is better - break from heat / then no pressure if we don’t want to go back at night. Or if dinner is better to give more freedom in afternoon but then it forces us to go back at night? :)
Definitely dinners! I enjoy a nice meal and a nicer drink for dinner. Eating too heavy at lunch slows me down :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter