The New Mary Poppins Returns Trailer is out.... will it become ride

I was really hoping for a true dark ride. Doesn't sound like that will happen.
Not really sure if putting in a simple flat ride is really worth the money.

Not sure if the success of MP is a given, especially considering they are releasing it virtually head to head against Aquaman. Aquaman extended trailer just got released and I think it's got plenty of mojo to counter Disney in December.

Not sure if the success of MP is a given, especially considering they are releasing it virtually head to head against Aquaman. Aquaman extended trailer just got released and I think it's got plenty of mojo to counter Disney in December.

I'm not sure that the audiences will overlap that much.

I'm not sure that the audiences will overlap that much.

True...but they are both aiming at a broad family audience and that is what will take for either to be a big hit. Also, while Disney has had monstrous success with most of their Marvel films lately(Ant -Man did good not great), they have been releasing a lot of expensive flops.

I think Mary Poppins Returns looks great, but I'm far from convinced it will be a big hit. I also think The Nutcracker will be another expensive flop as it is going up against Universal/Illumination's The Grinch. Look for The Grinch to really suppress Wreck-it Ralph's potential box office as well.

Universal and Warmer Bros are huge competitors to Disney and they also make comparable films with much cheaper budgets to boot.

If you have ever seen Emma Thompson in Nanny McPhee, that is the type of reprisal that may be in the offing. Emily Blunt as the stern but endearing straight edge to a tough living situation may be just the thing. Depends a lot on the script. Being able to soften, versus some of the hard roles Emily has played might be an easier transition than going hard for a softer type.

I’d love to see this come to life even if all they did was take the Peter Pan ride system and have you “fly” through the storyline on her umbrella. Especially if they use the technology they used for the Peter Pan ride in Shanghai!

I really hope they do create something for MP. Cherry Tree Lane is too magical to pass up- even though that's exactly what they've done all these years.

I was upset about Emily Blunt for quite some time. But when the trailer came out, I became really excited. Plus Dick Van Dyke is back! It will be wonderful, I'm sure.

Mary Poppins was one of two films my now-deceased grandmother had on tape at her house, and thus, we watched it ad nauseum. It holds such a special place in my heart. I was upset to hear about the remake/sequel but the trailer brought tears to my eyes. I think it will be well done based on what I saw. As for a possible ride, a jump through a sidewalk into the animated supercalifragilisticexpialidocious scene would be a fun one and very Epcot-like IMO

Could they do a simple flat ride or double decker carousel (a la Tokyo DisneySea), but use a circular projection screen encompassing the ride (a la Disney Shanghai Pirates) which would have scenes from the old and new movie? Imagine spinning around with the Jolly Holiday music and animation following you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter